Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Saturday, unfortunately it's heavy misting out.  Took a rest day today, really haven't done much of anything LOL...

@Mmsfoxxie  thank you.  I trust they know what they are doing with these little ones.

@DrKelli hopefully it will be nice when we are there, nicer than it is here I am sure!

@JudyL  they must have it was between 3 and 5 when they were stuck for 2 hours to go 17 miles.  They both said they couldn't wait to get back here to quiet 2 lane country roads and trees and woods, I must agree!!!   I think I"d have a panic attack~ 

@Grouchomarx enjoy your vacation, nice to have something to look forward too for sure!

@MickD  I almost wiped out on the trail yesterday, so slippery with much and wet leaves.  Luckily I was able to get my balance without tweaking something.  I'm so sorry about your dang ankle.  

Looking forward to baseball on TV tonight and just chilling.  If I could pig out on pizza and beer I would LOL, body wouldn't appreciate it.  

Keep on keepin on!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.  It's late Saturday night - late for me anyway.  Took a walk at a park today as my exercise.  

Haven't said anything but have had some family stuff going on the last few weeks - my DD and SIL have separated so DD has moved into a new apartment.  Lots of emotions and spending time getting her settled.  She's doing fine and this morning made me a wonderful breakfast in her new apartment and then we headed for a nearby park for a good brisk walk.  Today felt rather tired so after spending time with DD, I did a couple errands, came home, and took a nap!  LOL  I'm sure my DD will be fine,  but as her mom its hard to see your child hurting and trying to find her new way in life and make the adjustments that separation brings.

Not much else to report.  Hope to get out tomorrow morning and take a walk at the park near my house.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to post yesterday......did pilates and a little on the cardio board attachment.  I haven't used the reformer in about a year.  It was a little rough - a wheel is breaking down.  The thing is 17 years old.  Hopefully hubby can fix it. 

I don't think I can do all the same pilates exercises on the total gym as the tension isn't in the cords, but the angle of the bench.....gurr.

Making moussaka for hubby's birthday which was Friday.  My ankle is killing me so this will be my workout for the day!  

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Hubby turned on the heat yesterday.  Brrrr!  But by the middle of the day, I turned it down.

Well, glad that everyone is doing well.  @MickD, take care of that ankle, though.

I haven’t exercised since Friday!  I’m hoping this will be a good, uninterrupted week, though.  This morning, I’m off to my fitness center to do my Senior Cardio class, followed by my Strength & Motion class taught by one of my favorite instructors.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone--hope you all had a good weekend. I'm extremely annoyed today. I received my prescription on Friday. I was required to switch to mail order and it was $150/90 day supply.  I only got a 60 day supply and they still charged me $150.  I called the mail order company today trying to get it straightened out and the customer service rep was trying to tell me in was still $150 for a 60 day supply!  I get it for $60/month at the pharmacy, why would I agree to pay that much more for it through mail order?  I still haven't gotten this resolved yet.

No workout at lunch for me today because my mammogram is scheduled for 1:15.  I didn't look at the card before I left last year, so this year, I will have to tell them I need a later appointment.

I did go to LaBlast on Saturday--she had an all Halloween playlist.  I liked some of it, but didn't like some of it.  It is still a very fun class!

@bopper your grandkids are adorable!  Are those the ones who live in  Colorado?  The leaves are finally turning here and we are expecting snow on Thursday and Friday. Boo.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, this morning I rode 15 miles on my stationery bike and then did the Method squat machine for 20 minutes, arms, and abs, and squats.

@DrKelli thank you.  Yes they live there, can't wait to see the kids!

Good luck with your mammogram, I had mine!  I saw your forcaste for Mid week!  Get it out of there before I come please!

@Mmsfoxxie we're supposed to see a snowflake by the weekend!

@MickD that dang ankle, I'm so sorry!   I do some thing pilates wise on TG but I prefer to do most of it on the reformer.

I go in spurts with most of my exercise, I think most of us do.  Looking for the magic potion I guess...

Have a good day!  Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!

Did Total Gym today.  Ankle feels stiff and sore again.....it was fine yesterday with my marathon cooking....go figure.  Chiro tomorrow.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.

@DrKelli, I don’t blame you for getting angry about the switcheroo.  Prescription drug companies seem to charge what they want.  Prices change from month to month....ridiculous!

I have Body & Sculpt this morning, then my ophthalmology appointment.  Blindness runs in my family so I don’t miss those.  And the exams are painless unlike the knee injections.  Yeaaa!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Weather is cooling down here which I love.

2.5 mile Sansone workout this morning.  Didn't have time to do the whole 3 mile 45 minute workout but got most of the 3rd mile done.

Wishing everyone a nice day!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, today I did Pilates reformer rebounding for 30 and then a mobility workout for the middle back which is so tight, It didn't really help either, it's that tight!  Oh well...

Beautiful here today, if I could only capture this day for the next several months, 65 and sunny and beautiful fall colors....

@JudyL glad you are cooling down, sounds like snow storm in the Mid West, we're just going to have rain thank goodness.

@Mmsfoxxie my dad is legally blind with Retinitis Pigmentosa which causes blindness, he is fortunate his progressed slowly and is now effecting his sight very badly.  And to think he's still living in his own 2 story house alone.  We have tried talking him into assisted living and he won't.  I don't even want to think of what could happen to him at home not seeing well.  We have done all we can to fix the house to be user friendly to him and put stickers on the stove burner knobs, he can see a little but stove numbers are too small for him to know what they are so we  put some red stickers on the oven for 350 as that's where you cook most things, and his burner knobs too.  

Not much else here, waving to everyone!