Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey ya'all it's only in the upper 40's here today and tomorrow.  When I walked Logan I shoudl have had gloves, no joke!!!   I don't relish 90's at all!!!  Or snow for that matter!

@JudyL  so sorry you tummy is upset, I hope staying home today and resting helped you to feel better.  Monituque is doing better too, that's a huge relief.  

@DrKelli  I heard it's cold there today, and cloudy, you are usually sunny.   

@MickD hows the ankle/foot doing?  

@Mmsfoxxie  Any Red Hatter luncheons coming up this Fall?

@Grouchomarx HIIT workouts are hard, and no joke!  They do get results though!

Anyone watching the Wild card baseball games, NL last night was a close one, and I did feel bad for Milwaukee in the 9th!

Hope all is well with everyone!   

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Another cool morning here and just about a perfect fall day ahead with a high of 70!  I turned my air conditioner off for the season and am just sleeping with the ceiling fan and with one more fan and the windows open at night.  It's WONDERFUL!!

Today is weight training, so not very exciting.  I hope my dance class doesn't get canceled again this week. 

I have a real dilema though.  The guy who teaches my Saturday class is now teaching at another branch of the gym I belong to on Mondays.  The class is later than I normally go to the gym (12:30) and I've taken my Monday class for over 5 years.  But I really like the dance class!  I don't know if it costs me an extra fee because it is at another location though. I'll have to think through it.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!  I am working from home tomorrow, so don't know if I'll stop by.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, this morning was strength day,  did 40 minutes on my Total gym mixing up exercises so I got a good full body workout in.  No walk today as it's drizzling steadily out and cold, yes I know ya'all are roasting.  We're in the high 40's and with drizzle it's miserable.

My soup I mentioned turned out excellent and a perfect cozy day for it.  Now if I didn't feel like baking, I'd be okay  LOL....  Danger Will Robinson!!!  Smiley Very Happy

about 10 days I leave to visit my son and wife and kids.  Anxious to see my new grandson.  Although I learned today he has 2 hernia's, one in his belly that the dr. said should go away on it's own but the other is in his private parts and he has to have surgery and be put under.  He's so tiny, this worries me.   We'll be gone for 5 days so I won't be posting most likely.

Not much else on this end, enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Prayers and healing thoughts for your grandson!

I had a chiro appt yesterday.  I had a good talk with him about my thoughts on the ankle.....that i just thought it was part of my normal transient foot aches.  We had a much better rapport .....which is good as I really don't take sh*t from anyone at this point in my life!

Ankle is swollen and it hurts, but movin on......did the total gym today.....lightened the load as I'm still a little sore from the other day.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

@bopper , that’s exactly what was wrong with my granddaughter!  The first hernia was said to be something that might go away on its own but then they found the second one....on/near her ****** so she had surgery.  Then, more recently, the surgery to have the feeding tube put in her stomach.  I hope your grandson’s surgery goes well.  It’s amazing how quickly they recover at that age, though.

My son and his wife had a meeting with the geneticist yesterday and the news seems better about my granddaughter.  Through further testing, her diagnosis might not be correct.  I’m praying that the next news will be more definitive.

Yesterday was daddy duty but today I’m going to do my Senior Cardio with my workout buddies.  I miss my regular day to day routine.  I’m selfish, I know.  But with all of this eating I’m doing, I really need to do more than 10,000 steps.  My knees aren’t liking this extra weight at all!

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, another cold and gloomy day here, but better than 90.   

@Mmsfoxxie thank you for mentioning that about your GD.  The dr. told them it was because he was early.  He's only 9 weeks old and is still pretty tiny, this worries me being put under but have to trust they know what they are doing.   I'm glad your GD is doing better and hoping and praying their diagnosis was wrong.    I need to do more steps lately also, it's just so crappy out I feel like hibernating, ( early for that I know) but just being honest!  LOL

@MickD glad you had a good talk with the Chiropractor, getting older aint all that is it?  LOL, we just push the play button and move on!.

Hubby and son got home last night from CA, what a whilrwind trip, all that in 36 hours, glad I made the choice to stay home, my anxiety would have been bad and I know that.   But we are leaving on the 15th for CO to visit my son and DIL and anxious to see the new baby.  I'm not a good traveler, all I usually want to do is go home...I'm such a partier NOT!  

Cardio day for me today, will ride the bike and catch up on some TV shows i recorded.

@JudyL Montique doing okay?  My husband said the traffic to the stadium was so nuts, it took them over 2 hours to go 17 miles.  They stayed in SF, not Oakland I guess, and the Uber driver drove 80 in a 65...  I'd be clutching the door!!!

@Grouchomarx how are you doing?  Anything interesting for your weekend plans?

@DrKelli I hope the weather is nice when I'm in your neck of the woods, it will be a quick trip but we try and go once a year.  I really need longer time to see some sights.  Oh well, I hate leaving Logan in a kennel so that most likely won't happen.  Have a great day!

Well not much more on this end, have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, I’d be a hypocrite to tell you not to worry about your grandson being tiny and having surgery.  I’ll just say that it sounds like the same surgery for two hernias that my grandbaby had at two months and it all went well with a fast recovery.  The plus is that babies heal faster.  Stay strong!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@bopper this weekend is all about getting ready for vacay. I am off work today and have to do some organizing and start pulling things to pack. Have a family birthday party tomorrow so that'll take up the whole day. Gotta hit the gym as much as I can between now and Tuesday to get beach ready! Hope your trip goes well and isn't stressful. 

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  

@bopper  traffic is bad in the Bay Area and from what it sounds like, they were caught in the commute hour traffic trying to get out of the City and go over the Bay Bridge from SF to Oakland.  

Had a dentist appt yesterday so got home a little earlier than usual. Did a 30 minute LS workout since I didn't feel like working out in the morning.  I was wired up until midnight and when you have a 4:45 alarm, that makes for a short night.  Probably not a good idea and one I won't do again.  LOL

Montague seems to be doing ok.  Still watching him closely.  

Not much else to report.  Wishing everyone a good Friday.

Respected Contributor

Just peeking in from my home 'office', aka the dining room table.

I picked up my new glasses today and also asked if they collected old eyeglasses for the Lions club and they do.  When I went back out to my car, I had 3 pairs in there, which I left and I have 3 more  pairs at home to take in later.

@bopper hopefully our weather will still be nice when you are here.  It's really nice today, but it is supposed to be cooler and windy this weekend.

Later today, I'm going to see "Judy" at the movies.  I hope  it is good.  They say Renee Zellwiger is spectacular in the role.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!