Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper  tell me more about your dentist numbing your gums prior to cleaning. I am intrigued.. Sounds like something I want to ask for. Is it a gel- or actual numbing like  novacaine.. Knocking me out for the 30 min sounds even better , but doubt they would do that!! HA!

Esteemed Contributor

@violet runner 

I did get RSV on drs suggestion and I did not have any sided effects. My arm did hurt like the dickens for about 36 hours. The shot has more fluid than covid or flu shots. We have appts for flu shots next week.

I had a rest day today due to Dr appts for dh. I am so happy that for next couple of months we only have 1 rehab appt per week and no dr visits scheduled. Which means I can get back on track for running and other exercises. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.  Still trying to play catch up at home after being gone a week.  Can't find nothing in my kitchen, lol.  Men!

After being "force fed" by my southern daughter in law (yeah, I'm blaming her, lol) I'm trying to cut back my portion sizes again. I did a lot of walking yesterday and Wednesday but I just had to stop by Chik Fil A Tuesday on the way from the airport to get their deluxe chicken sandwich and their kale salad.  We don't have one conveniently located by our house.  Now I'm done.

I read some of the previous posts and the one that stands out is what happened with @kate2357 @and that sister in law from hell.  I have no words to convey how bad that was.  Hopefully she has apologized.

Can't believe it's Friday but the older you get, the faster time goes, imo.  Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@violet runner wrote:

@bopper  tell me more about your dentist numbing your gums prior to cleaning. I am intrigued.. Sounds like something I want to ask for. Is it a gel- or actual numbing like  novacaine.. Knocking me out for the 30 min sounds even better , but doubt they would do that!! HA!

Yes I told her I wanted my gums numbed and she used a swab and went all around my gum line, and I also had Nitros Oxide and that helped too.   I think just a gel.  Knock me out yes I'm on board haha

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!  Today was a mild day of rebounder, gently bounding, and Therascoope.  Got groceries, and cleaned.

It was sunny but not all clouds and looks like rain.  It's 45 out so temp isn't bad.

Not much else here, so kind of laying low today.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon.  My knees were achy and a bit sore this morning so taking a break from walking.  May even wait until Sunday to try walking again.  Knees just aren't too happy.  LOL  

Hope everyone is having a good Friday.  Today is about 74 but starting tomorrow temps drop quite a bit.

Take care all!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

Welcome home. Glad your flights were easier than expected. I've spent the last two months cutting down portion sizes in an effort to lose about 7 lbs. It's been a challenge, but I am down 5 lbs. Jeans are not as tight. I would like to get rid of those last 2 lbs before Thanksgiving, but I don't really 'diet'.

Re my charming sil...nope, has not apologized. My bil asked her to go to counseling and she declined. Right now he is in Seattle and she is at their Colorado condo. I feel bad for my bil....but he knew who she was before they were married.

As for exercise,  I was able to get in a nice 60 minute run with my youngest son. I am going to do a bunch of reorganizing in my bathroom and walk-in closet this weekend. I got a wild hair about organizing all of my electronic devices for beauty and health with a charging station that looks less jumbled. Not sure if it will work as I invisioned...but it has to look better than it all looks right now.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor

I just retired 2 weeks ago Smiley Happy and joined the Y. I went 4 days this week and already I'm seeing a difference with movement. Had a knee replacement in March (best thing I ever did) and water exercises have really helped increase my mobility. Been doing the treadmill as a warmup, did a few classes to test them out (the balance and movement class instructor was chaotic in her routine) and tai chi (it was advanced and I was able to keep up with about 3/4 of it since it's been so long. They also have a studio with free weights and some boxing bags so I got back on the bag and it felt so good! ! !   Also found that Silver Sneakers isn't for me (too slow) although I may go back to that and stand in the back vs. sitting. 

Next week is busy with some appointments but I'm going to try to get to as many classes as I can.  Today is Self-Care Saturday and I'm heading to do a Float (my place has pools, not pods)

Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Catbelly . You have a nice variety of exercises.  Gosh I have not used a punching bag since my single days. The water exercises sound fabulous. 

Esteemed Contributor

Very wet and windy this am, so it was the treadmill for me. Went for an hour, then did some arm and ab work for 30 minutes. Staying indoors today and working on my projects.