Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Friday all

It's been a trying day.   My sons dog a Dachshund was hit by a car and killed last night.   It breaks my heart.  I didn't want to workout today as my heart isn't in it.   I went and got groceries and brought some to dad and then came home, put it away and put on my workout clothes.   So I did 40 minutes of I Jump Instead Firestorm workout on Youtube with lots of Glute presses and running.  I always keep the running with feet on the mat.   Then did a strength workout from Kaleigh Cohen Triceps and Chest 15 minutes, and a dog walk.   We did have snow this morning but since has all melted.

@Laura14 hibernating in new jammes sounds great.  Just give me my Hallmark Christmas Movie Mug and I'm all set!

@Mmsfoxxie I agree about the concert, it's just horrible!  

I haven't had a shingles shot.  My insurance won't pay for it.   

Getting dark and it's only 4:10 here...Ughhh hate it!

Happy Weekend!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I am so sorry! How tragic. I am so sorry for your family. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Morning, all.  I just realized it Saturday, not Sunday. We got snow yesterday!  For about 20 minutes.  I can live with that since it didn't stick.

So sorry about the dog, @bopper.  It reminds me of an incident that happened to me many years ago when I was driving down a busy street.  I was in the right lane near the curb and a dog came from behind a newspaper stand that was built at the edge of the curb.  It ran in front of my car at the moment I was practically at the newsstand.  I couldn't stop to check on him right away but when it was safe, I stopped and told my only son at that time to go check on him.  I was shaking too badly anyway.  My son came back and said he thought he was dead.  I cried, sat there for a while wondering what to do.  No cell phones back then.  To this day, that dog pops into my head every now and then.

I'm gonna do some vacuuming and dusting but aside from that, I'll be doing 'what ever' things.

Have a beautiful weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey hey~   Today was reformer workout with a yoga block, more of functional movement and it was good.  Then I did Kayleigh Cohen Total body strength workout.  Used 5's, 8's and my 20# bodybar for chest presses.   

We went to a Christmas open house at a beautiful store.  DIdn't buy a thing but I did eat a Christmas cookie and had cider.

Hubby went to deer camp and I'm watching Hallmark and going to get my jammies on already.  Getting dark anyways.  We had about an inch of snow this morning.

Thank you regarding the dog.  @Mmsfoxxie  that would also stay with me.  I mean how can it not right!  

I ordered the Josie TSV.  I love the Body Butter and oil and this is mega sizes.  If I could afford it I'd have gotten all of the scents but can't.

Stay safe everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!  We got snow, a couple inches!  Was windy for a while also and wind chill 27!

Did 30 minutes of reformer jumpboard with Gone Adventuring Pilates on Youtube, then 20 minutes of Glute work with a band from Kayleigh Cohen Fitness which was really a butt burner, 10 minutes lay down ab bouncing and 10 minutes on the CycloTrainer ( TG attachment) however I slid it under my Cellerciser and did it that way.  Just came in from my walk on the trail.  Very pretty out!

Stay active!

Honored Contributor

Good morning.  Yesterday was a nice, quiet day.

@bopper, I ordered Josie's body butter once...it was a three pac, all different scents and I loved all three.  But, yeah, her stuff is expensive and Christmas/grandkids are on the menu right now. Six grandkids plus the son of my unmarried son's gf.  Plus I need to replace the carpet in my bedroom.  

I'm gonna have to remember to wear my real coat this morning.  It's in the thirties!  And I'm gonna have to make sure I get to my exercise very early since it fills up fast.  Last week, it filled up by the time I got there.  If it's full, I'll just do what I did before...walking.  No stressing out.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Bought a new laptop over the weekend - its still in the box. LOL  Am still able to get online with my old one but don't want to push my luck until the IT person at work helps me set up the new laptop.

This morning I did a 20 minute Leslie Sansone walk workout and a 25 minute Arena Stength band workout - just followed the book that came with the bands.  Think my arms are going to be pretty sore as I was able to increase reps so must be getting stronger.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.  Will check in when I can.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

I've had an incredibly busy Monday--starting with a 7 am meeting.  I still plan on doing a live stream of LaBlast at 1030 and then I need to go to Office Depot to pick up some copies.

I did go to LaBlast this weekend, but it wasn't lablast--it was a lame zumba class taught by the teacher that teaches zumba.  I don't know why they didn't ask me to sub it.  And then I was the only person to show up.  This instructor has not ever taught LaBlast before and took a refresher cert class on Sunday, but if she teaches lablast like she does zumba, she won't get people in the class.

I am in an audit all day tomorrow, so my only workout will be my dance lesson, but that's okay because I can really get my heart rate up during that lesson.  Especially with Lindy Hop.

I also ordered the body butter set.  My skin is SO dry, especially in the winter.  I use the Beekman products too.

I've missed you all and I'm glad the forums ironed out their issues.

Honored Contributor

YEA!  I'm online with my new computer.  Wahoo!!  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL do you get windows 11?  I just got one and I can't give put my aol email account on it.  Never heard of Microsoft Edge.  Windows 10 and windows 11 total different concept.  Main reason I bought it was for the 17 inch screen size.