Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey hey It's Moooovember!!  Have you moved today!

I did an hour on the reformer and the some on the bench with free weights.  Just came in from walking and it started to snow when I was out.

@Skyegirl21 Leslie is so fun!   She's a great gal and motivator.   I"m 66 so I hear ya haha

@DrKelli so happy the test was negative.  Even though you aren't feeling well it is relief to have that out of your head!   Glad it will be nice this weekend my husband will be out visiting our son.  I"m staying home with doggie.  

I have also been doing my weighted Hula hoop for 10 minutes a day.  It's fun and not hard.

Keep going everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I could have sworn I came on here yesterday but looks like I didn't.

Had blood drawn yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and eat.  I was like that eating plant, "feed me", lol.  The one meal my stomach complains most if I miss it is breakfast.  I know some people can't eat until noon but that's definitely isn't me.  The blood analysis came back to my portal the next day!  I remember when it took several days.  

This morning, I'm going in for my cardio class and a walk.  Sounds morning, lol.

Good that you are getting better, @DrKelli.  Sounds like you had to do the Covid test down your nose?  I'm such a coward...I would dread that.

Well, have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, looks like a lot of us are back on!  Hope it lasts.

Hi, everybody!

I have a luncheon to go to midday.  I'll do an at home walk workout.  I hope I don't eat too much.  Our food selections were pre-selected so not much room to be careful.  I plan on eating the soap and salad and just nibble on the entree...it's a delicious chicken dish but not low cal...I've had it before.  Dessert is included, the only option is chocolate cake versus cheesecake.  I'm sure they will be just slivers, though.  The only way I'm going to get back on track completely is to not go out to restaurants.  Hard to do this time of year if you socialize.

Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Boy am I happy to see this working again.   I was skeptical if it was ever going to be back.

I was going to take a day off but instead though the reformer can be taken down in intensity so I did 40 minutes free style and 10 minutes lay down ab bouncing on the rebounder. 

It's raining and very windy 45 and turning to snow this weekend.  It's here, now here me whine!!!!!!!! LOL

@Mmsfoxxie  restaurants are so tough and we've been isolated for so long I understand where you are coming from. I love cheesecake too!  Just enjoy yourself and nibble

@spin I hope you are still here.  

Just built a little wood fire.  It's that time unfortunately and it's already so dark I have lights on...  It is a dreary day though

Lets stay over here  please.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @bopper,

I am kinda back! They got the wrong "hckynut(john" for who knows why? Didn't even know they had that "handle" still around for me. Won't let me sign in with the one I have used for years.

Skated yesterday so today is pretty much abs and lots of stretching. Seems to be the best for me when skating every other day. Will be skating tomorrow and again Sunday. Most of month will be "Sunday/Wednesday/Friday". 

Do too much in between skating days does not bode well for my skating.  My back(spine) mostly because of my having 3 lumbar discs removed over the years. The L-5 damaged my Sciatic Nerve so bad, if I overdo it on off days, my right leg goes numb while skating. It's a pretty strange sensation when all I feel is my skate bump when contacting the ice, and nothing from my hip flexors down.

Hope your group still keeps posting here until???

Stay well now,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,  finally able to get in.  Did a 30 minute spin today.  My hamstrings are sore from the full body strength workout I did the other day.  I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow or just do mobility on the reformer.  

It's 55 here and supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. It feels so damp and crappy out.  I'm hating that it gets dark out early too.  Oh well, no sense complaining.  Have a good night all!

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Hi @bopper,

I am kinda back! They got the wrong "hckynut(john" for who knows why? Didn't even know they had that "handle" still around for me. Won't let me sign in with the one I have used for years.

Skated yesterday so today is pretty much abs and lots of stretching. Seems to be the best for me when skating every other day. Will be skating tomorrow and again Sunday. Most of month will be "Sunday/Wednesday/Friday". 

Do too much in between skating days does not bode well for my skating.  My back(spine) mostly because of my having 3 lumbar discs removed over the years. The L-5 damaged my Sciatic Nerve so bad, if I overdo it on off days, my right leg goes numb while skating. It's a pretty strange sensation when all I feel is my skate bump when contacting the ice, and nothing from my hip flexors down.

Hope your group still keeps posting here until???

Stay well now,

hckynut

Hey hey, so glad this is fixed for now!   Yes take every other day off from skating.  Don't want to take a slide backwards.

I'm doing my TG, Pilates reformer, some free weights and rebounding along with my daily walks.   Snow will be here this weekend!   Glad you are here again!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Haven't seen @DrKelli.  Wonder if she knows the Q boards are back open.

Lunch was great yesterday.  Only ate half of my entree but I still was a bad girl.  They have the best warm pretzel bread on the table while you wait for your food.  Need I say more, lol.  Also I thought there was going to be cheesecake but instead, we had key lime pie.  The only saving grace was that it was only half the size of their regular one which really is two servings.

I'm going to do walking today, either at home or my fitness center.

(Why do people go to extremely large concerts, knowing if they need to leave quickly, there will be a stampede.  And bring children, to boot).

Enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Did you say snow? Smiley Surprised I just got a weather alert that we have a freeze warning in Georgia tomorrow night. This does not bode well for a mild winter!

Did my Yoga Kiss class this morning. I got a Shingles shot on Tuesday and my left arm is still really sore. Even my seatbelt still hurts it just lying across my shoulder.

I am going to take this weekend and go stock up my pantry after going through my plant paradox cookbook and a few others I have hanging around. I plan to be a bear and hibernate if we're getting into this BS weather already. I have been buying some new warm jammies and I may break out a pair tonight. 

Have a great weekend all!  

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! I'm back! Still dancing and getting ready for the holiday showcase! Have a 4 day weekend so am enjoying that! Glad to see you guys again!