Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

@DrKelli, I love the Hula Hoop song.  We do that one almost every Saturday.  Very good for the waistline.  I'm surprised that she can't model your movements......in her own way.  It's a very fun routine.

As for what foot/arm to use, I mirror the side the instructor is using.  Their left is my right and vice versus.

Some people, though, just don't understand movements or timing.  Their rhythm is way off, usually men, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

EXACTLY @Mmsfoxxie!!!  That's how we learn to conduct class in our certification!  I always have to memorize the routine backwards (although in our monthly choreo videos, if you choose the live class option, you automatically mirror them, which puts you on the correct foot to teach a class facing them).

I have two 'waist' songs--Hula Hoop and Tippy Toe, which is also good for your calves.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I can't believe they can't follow.  It's not that hard people!

My cold keeps morphing.  We have gone from sore throat to chest to nose.  Smiley Sad

I am so over being sick so I am taking a road trip to the mountains.  Maybe the air will do me good.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Honored Contributor

Aww, so sorry to hear that @Hennie Loves Diamonds.  I hope this isn't a permanent condition but unfortunately from what I hear from people, it's either chronic or acute, never completely gone.  There are chair exercises, though, that involve using just your arms and legs.  Perhaps your doctor can steer you in the right direction.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Woke up to rain again but it should be over soon they say.

I have Zumba scheduled for today and maybe a walk.  The bunion in my left foot has been bothering me lately so the walk might be short.  And here I was proud of myself for doing 5 miles one day last week.  Not continuous, 3 miles first and then when my scheduled class was cancelled because there was no heat in the room I went back and walked 2 more miles.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Hi , all. I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Mine has been crazy so far. Yesterday I did errands and some shopping, some of the stuff I will return today. Then, an emergency with one of my cats which resulted in an emergency visit to the vet. Shadow was limping in the am, and it was markedly worse mid-afternoon. Vet couldn't find an injury, so it must be a pulled muscle for which he gave Shadow a pain shot that will work for the next 2 days. 

As a result of that exam, he was weighed and he has !ost more weight. Since his blood work is good, I voiced concern about cancer, so we decided to do a full body x-ray. Fortunately, it showed no masses, but Shadow does have asthma, which I suspected. Asthma doesn't explain weight loss, though. Shadow has coughing spells, a result of the asthma, so doc gave him a short duration steroid shot to see if it helps. 

This morning, Shadow is still limping, but not as badly, and he's alert and running around more than he has in months. He seems to feel good today. I will talk to the vet and see if he thinks the steroid could make Shadow feel better.

When vet took Shadow away for the x-ray, Shadow cuddled in his arms and was quite affectionate. Highly unusual for him to do that with a stranger. I think he understood that the vet was trying to help him.  Wish we could figure out what the weight loss is all about. It remains a concern with no answer. 

My lost package, last seen im my city, turned up in Kentucky, several states away. I have no idea how it got there. It was routed back and is in my city again, awaiting hand-off from UPS to USPS.after I saw the package was on it's way to me, I tried to cancel the replacement order, but it was too late, replacement has already been sent. So I'll have to return one.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I am so sorry about your poor cat.  I'm glad to hear the vet seems to have helped. 

Also glad to hear your package is located even though still on a sightseeing tour.  I wish we all could travel and see the world so cheaply too.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday, it's quite cold here, wind chill this morning was 12.   We ran a few errands this morning, and now are watching the Lions.   Nothing much planned here. 

Nomless I'm so sorry to hear about Shadow, I hope the vet can figure out what exactly is causing his weight loss, has he been checked for diabetes?  I was thinking because of the weight loss his sugar should be checked.   It's such a concern when our animals are sick.  Hope you get your parcel this week!

I've been walking a lot on the treadmill and then jumping on the bike, using my BodyBlade too.  

Small Thanksgiving here, only my dad and us.  Works for me though, not a lot of fuss either.   We are very simple folks.

I went to the neighbors girl party last night, about 20 there, I knew about 4 out of that group but we visited and each brought an appetizer so it turned out nice.  At least you kind of get to know people that way. 

Dr. Kelli hula hooping must really get that waistline in shape, I remember doing it as a kid and that was about it!!

Laura, Lucy, foxxie, Judy, Cater hi and waving.   Not much more here today.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Good morning everyone.  Rain expected this evening and I hope I'm home before it starts.  I have a luncheon to attend and I prefer to drive on dry pavement, lol.  As cool as it's been at night now, it would be freezing rain like yours @bopper. Yuck to that.

@Laura14, glad you seem to be on the mend and @DrKelli theres nothing like a good review to make you know you're appreciated.  Congratulations!

No workout today except walking around the house.  Gotta get ready for my little outing.  Hope I don't eat too much since I've been doing good all week.  Why can't I have a fast metabolism and eat what I want?  Especially this time of year.  Do you guys remember when, during this time of year, every house and your workplace had Christmas cookies, candy or nuts to snack on?  Now, even if you see it, you hesitate to eat it because of calories. Drat it!

I was the cookie baker in my family and when I was working (at first) Inwas airways bringing cookies to work.    On the day after Thanksgiving, I used to bake a different kind almost daily to give to my nieces and nephews.

Well, enough reminiscing, lol.  Have a great day everyone.

I love baking cookies, unfortunately I don't do it much anymore, as it's just the 2 of us and we certainly don't need the sweets, but I really miss baking.  My mom used to make everything during the Holidays, I get that from her.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. No snow or rain last night so I was surprised to wake up this morning to hear about so many spin outs do to black ice!  Wow, you have to always be careful, especially in the pre dawn hours.

Aww, poor Shadow!  I hope he (she) gets better soon, @nomless.  Losing weight and limping are definitely symptoms of something.

@bopper, I meant to say I baked those Xmas cookies from Thanksgiving to almost Xmas day, put one of each kind in a bag totaling about 25 and that was their present.  I had no money to buy them anything.  Now, grown with kids of their own, they still talk about it.

I finally lost more weight, 1.6 lbs!  Even with the dinner out on Friday.  Saturday night a group of us went to a play at the local university and the ladies were passing out what looked like leftover fun size Halloween candy.  Boy did I want one of the Snickers and Twix that I saw.  But I didn't give in to the impulse.  This week will be another challenge, lol.

Senior Cardio, Strength & Movement and maybe walking this morning.  I hope everyone has a great day!