Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

Congratulations @Mmsfoxxie!!  

I am the baker in my family too and I still give a bag full of brownies and cookies to my nieces and nephew as part of their Christmas gifts every year.  I am also the resident birthday cake maker.  Smiley Very Happy

Well, I walked myself all over North Georgia on Saturday before finally relaxing on Sunday.  I think I have finally kicked the cold although there is still some of the nonsense hanging on.  Thanks for the home remedies.  I really think they helped.

I found myself at Babyland General Hospital where the Cabbage Patch Kids are from.  I actually saw 3 cabbage patch dolls born (I have never laughed so hard in all my life).

I don't have children so I forget that these little things exist sometimes and how innocent they are.  There was an announcement over the PA that Mother Cabbage was dilated and all staff (who are dressed in doctor and nurses outfits) had to be on standby.  The room shook as all the kids swarmed around this big tree to watch.  I had to get out of the way of the stampede, literally.

All fathers who might be queasy were invited to pace in the waiting room and all the kids yelled PUSH as the newest Cabbage Patch doll was born.  I was in a corner shaking with laughter.  Whoever thought all this up is genius. 

If you are ever in the GA Mountains, stop by.  It's a hoot!

I only have one day of gym classes this week which I think is a good resting up time for me.  We'll see who shows up tomorrow. 

Have a great day!!       

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I hope Shadow is doing better today!

@Mmsfoxxie--congrats!

@Laura14, the cabbage patch birthing sounds like something I would find hilarious too. I gave my Grandma one years ago and when she died, I got it back.  I call it her first great grandchild.

I had an aggravating weekend.  Friday night, my washing machine quit agitating/spinning in the rinse cycle and burned out the motor.  I'm lucky it didn't cause a fire.  It cost more to repair it than buy a new one.  I had soaking wet clothes in there so I had to move everything to the bathtub and wring it out as best I could and put my drying rack in there.  I will have to re wash all those clothes because I think they still have soap in them because of the lack of agitation.  I have no idea how long that has been going on.  Any way, first thing Saturday morning, I was at Home Depot buying a washer.  Unfortunately, they can't deliver until Wednesday.  I hope it is an afternoon delivery so that I can work Wednesday morning (and go to yoga).

Today is Quick Fit.  I had to dig out other workout clothes because it was gym clothes laundry week and well, see above.

I'm going to my friend's inlaws house on Thursday and her house on Friday for double Thanksgiving.  I joined a challenge at the little studio I teach Zumba at.  You pay 30 bucks and if you maintain your weight, you get your money back.  If you lose--you go into a bigger pot and if you gain--you lose your money.  I'm doing it for incentive.  I figured since I gained some weight during the cruise, I could probably lose a couple of pounds.  LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone, we woke to a beautiful sunrise finally, I went out on my deck in the 20 degree weather with my coffee and just said "Thank you God", it clouded up fast but I loved the peacefullness of it all.  

foxxie I baked like that back in the day too and also fudge, my total downfall. I know it's super sweet but I can tolerate it hahah...I did all the cut outs, frosted them, all the fancy stuff, even coffee cakes but with all the sugar and calories and just the 2 of us I don't do it anymore.   My DIL  makes cookies at her moms and has so many left over she always wants to drop them off here and I say no thank you.   I would eat so many, and so would hubby and I know it's not a good idea here.  She takes them to work now.  Why is it so easy to grab one here and there, and not think twice.   Congrats on the weight loss, you broke through your plateau!

Laura what a funny story, I've never heard of a place like that with the cabbage kids being born, how genius is that!   Thank you for sharing that.  

Dr.Kelli, sounds like you will have your fill on Turkey day!  That stinks about the washer, why do things break during an expensive time of year, well anytime you have to replace a washer it's expensive.  That incentive program sounds great, what a neat idea.  

Nomless thinking about Shadow and wondering how he is doing?  Do you have turkey day plans?

My son's BD tomorrow, he wanted my homemade from scratch brownies so I made a pan this afternoon and his favorite home made frosting.   Glad they are going to his house!

MickD how are you doing?   Sill missing Lucy, Judy, Cater...

Have a nice evening, I don't like the darkness so early but not much we can do about it.

Byeeeeeee

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning to you everyone.  We're supposed to be in the low 50s this week with no rain.  Nice.

Oh how I used to hate how those Cabbage Patch dolls looked, lol.

I have three classes this morning.....Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  Enjoy your day all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@bopper  Happy birthday to your son. 

@Mmsfoxxie  You go girl!  I do not know how you do three classes in a row.  I think I do well with one and a half.  

@nomless  I hope Shadow is doing better

@DrKelli  I hope your house behaves and you get your delivery no problems.  You've had enough!

So I was afraid I was really going to disappoint you today with no Mrs. Rudeness and no Nudie today either.

But then, a straggler walked in and set up next to me for Power.  I didn't think much of her until we turned to do the bent over row.  Her shirt had "Come and Take Them" right above her two butt cheeks.  And again, not a young girl who would usually be into this nonsense.  I'm sure the guy next to us enjoyed that in his face very much.  Me?  Not so much.

What is with people?  My grandmother would have the belt out if I ever stepped out of the house like that.  She's been gone a long time but her ghost would still come and knock me half way across the room if I ever made her look bad like that out in public.

I swear I live in a fairly nice area.  No one drives their house to the gym that I know of.  

Anyway, have a great Tuesday!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

@Laura14, there was a guy at my gym that wore an obscene shirt one day and they told him he had to turn it inside out because it was so offensive.

I survived Quick Fit yesterday and have small group today. He usually does a Turkey Buster workout which is brutal and I hate them.  I don't know if I will make it because I woke up dizzy.  It is better now, but I still feel wonky.  It's not like the vertigo I had several months ago, but it is unpleasant.

I'm surprised at the amount of traffic this week.  This is the first Thanksgiving week I've worked in years and I thought traffic would be super light, but it isn't. 

I hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I hope you feel better.  I actually saw on GMA this morning, the worst travel day for Thanksgiving is today.  I would have thought tomorrow but no.  

Oh and I found out who made me sick!  The regular instructor wasn't there last week and she was today. She had been out sick all last week "coughing up a lung."  Sounded very familiar and she had my cough drops!  

At least I feel better that I wasn't as sick as her.  I haven't been sick in years and was kind of disappointed in myself that I got sick even though I was way overdue.  The fact that I didn't get it as bad as someone younger than me makes me feel better although I wish we both had never gotten sick. 

Stay well and take care of yourselves!!   Apparently a bug is going around.  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I did treadmill, bike and a pilates stretch on the reformer.   Just came in from a dog walk on the trail.  Very windy, snowing and cold but we did it anyways.  I have rice pudding in the crockpot.  My dad hasn't had that in years and years and I know my mom used to make it.  Not in the crock though but I found a recipe that you use your crockpot.

I am appauled at the shirts and sayings people wear these days that are offensive.  And the pants with the words on the butt, seriously?

I saw that on the Today show about the traveling now, and Denver is the busiest airport in the nation I think they said.  I hope when I go there we don't have issues.  You all know I've only flown 1 time, and they also said the earlier you leave the best chances you have of going out on time.   We leave to go home at 4 Denver time, I hope I leave on time.  My son is bringing Logan home from the kennel so he will be here when we get home, I'd freak out if we got delayed and he was alone and nobody to let him go potty.  All my family works full time. 

Guess it's time to get the clothes out of the dryer, Laura thank you for saying HB to my son, I can't believe he's 38, that makes me old!  Hahah

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I think Atlanta still holds the busiest airport record and I fly out of it just fine many times a year.  The TSA and airline workers usually do a great job moving and managing the herd.  Hope you have safe and frustration free travels!  

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. Not much news here. My lost package has been back in my city with no activity for 4 days. It will be interesting to see which is delivered first....the original package or the replacement.

I can tell that people are going out shopping in droves. Traffic has been terrible. So many cars, lots of delays.

The steroid shot seems to have helped Shadow's asthma, so that's good. Still no luck getting him to eat more, though. He's always excited to eat, but eats only a tiny amount and then he's done. So frustrating, since I can't make him eat...

I don't like words on clothing either. Anything with a message is an easy pass for me.

I hope those who will travel this week have uneventful journeys. I'm happy I don't need to go anywhere.

Oh, I put my velvet sheets on the bed and a lofty lightweight soft blanket. It's similar to the Berkshire blanket I think. So nice and cozy!