Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@Mmsfoxxie I am so sorry. Adding more hugs...HeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie , adding my hugs--I'm sorry that you will lose another family member.  It's been a tough year in our group.

I actually came into the office today (boo) for their T-giving lunch.  It wasn't very good.  And there are a lot of people that I have no idea who they are.

I will be going to my dance lesson today--I'll probably be dancing flat footed though.  I took the bandage off last night and it doesn't look bad.  The toe is superbruised--mostly where I got the numbing injections.  I have to soak my foot every day until it heals, I guess.  It's still pretty tender as I'm sure it will be until it heals.

Not much to add--thinking of you all and hoping you have a good day!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies!

@Laura14 what happened was pretty scary - I will take full responsibility for not paying attention, not listening to my gut re red flags, etc.  It's been pretty traumatic and I'm still not sleeping all that well.  It's been hard to talk about because its embarrassing that I fell for the con and humiliating too.  The IT people where I work with have wiped my computer and I'll get it back today. They assure me that I will be fine using it.  Right now, I'm online at work.  I had to cancel credit cards, go to my bank and change things there.  It's been a mess and I'm still shaken.  I have learned my lesson.  

@Mmsfoxxie - so sorry to hear about your nephew.  Hugs to you.

@DrKelli - sending wishes that your toe continues to feel better.

Take care!

Edited to add:  It's 5:30pm and I'm home with my cleaned up computer!  Wahoo!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day, cold snowy day here and icy walking...Please winter go early this year!

I was tired this morning even though I slept good, but I managed a 45 minute workout, no walks today though. 

My neighbor invited me and 2 others over for wine.  I didn't want to go but then thought it would be good for me so I went and stayed for 2 hours.   I teared up at one point but then composed myself.   I drank 2 glasses of white wine and it gave me heartburn,, go figure.

Got my hair cut short yesterday and I love it.  Was due for a change and it's only hair so will grow back if i want it to.  But she clippered my neck and now I have red welts from the clippers..

@Mmsfoxxie so sorry to hear about your nephew, sending prayers to all of you.

This bad stuff can stop anytime now!!

Here's to better times ahead!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I am glad you're getting it settled. Don't be embarrassed about being the victim of someone else's criminal behavior. It's a sign of being a really great person because you can't believe anyone would be so devious. The shame is their's. Let it stay where it belongs. Big hugs! Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@JudyL I am glad you're getting it settled. Don't be embarrassed about being the victim of someone else's criminal behavior. It's a sign of being a really great person because you can't believe anyone would be so devious. The shame is their's. Let it stay where it belongs. Big hugs! Smiley Surprised

@Laura14 - thank you for saying that.  Other people have been telling me the same thing.  The whole incident is still pretty raw for me so the shame and embarrassment of falling for the con and getting sucked in the way I did is still there.  It'll just take some time for me to process it all and feel ok again.  The IT Dept where I work are angels sent from heaven as far as I'm concerned.  They were so sweet to me as well as fixing my computer.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Well, we've got snow this morning and some areas may get up to a foot of snow.  I was going to charge my battery for my SnowJoe, but the charger was broken--it was missing a 'prong', so I had to order one from Amazon.

@JudyL scammers are getting smarter, so don't even think it was your fault.  Several years ago, one of our HR people got a request, seemingly from the President of the company, requesting our W-2s--with all that sensitive information.  It was a scammer and several people had taxes filed by the scammer getting their refund.  I had already filed my taxes, but the IRS informed me that someone requested information to see if I filed.  So now I have to have a PIN from the IRS to file my taxes.  I hate scammers.

I did my dance lesson yesterday and my toe did not like it.  I think I'm going to do a restorative yoga dvd this afternoon.  I have meetings up until 2:30.

Yesterday, I went to the office because they were having their Thanksgiving lunch.  Mind you--I do not like Thanksgiving food much.  Now I really don't like it--the food was terrible.  The mashed potatoes and turkey were okay, but the sides were awful.  How hard is it to make stuffing and green bean casserole?  They had vegetables that I couldn't identify and this awful eggplant dish (which didn't even look like eggplant--it had the consistency of refried beans) and I didn't even attempt the stuffing because it looked bad.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL Not quite the same circumstances you ,but.my credit card got hacked and someone ordered a drone for $800. My bank was on it- and cancelled my card and the company where is was ordered from became complicent and refunded the money on thieir  end. And yes, it was overseas.. New credit card, and I change some other things too-  Funny thing it was going oto be delivered to a hotel near where i lived. So hotel was notified and they said it was common practice-  they  give the addess of the hotel and then wait outside for the delivery truck and intercept the package..  The hotel management was good too. 

And I contected the police. The hotel said it's real common with cell phones being bought from hacked credit cards and using a hotel address for delivery.

Knock on wood, I have not had an incident since.

As @DrKelli  said  snow  here today and I had to travel to Boulder for a doc appt. Had my snow tires put on 2 days ago.. Good timing. Plus I think its going to get very cold overnight.

Rec center for me tis morning.. extra time there today. And I took a walk after my doc appt.

Am sure I'll hunker down this evening.. The Packers are playing - my husband's team- something to watch..

Stay  warm and safe everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, today I did 40 minutes on the spin bike and then stretching on the reformer, a little chair and a little on the TG along with a dog walk.   Bundled up and out I went.  Now we are under a winter weather advisory.  I hope not as I have to get groceries tomorrow morning.

@violet runner  I think the Packers are only on Amazon Prime tonight  I don't have Prime but we are Lions fans anyways.

Seems we could all use hugs right now.  My mom would have been 90 today, and 4 weeks since dad left us.  

Stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Hope everyone is well.

Can't seem to get the energy to go downstairs to get my coffee.  Sleepy.

My nephew transitioned yesterday morning and my sister is a wreck.  No life insurance so, family and friends will have to chip in.  Personally, I'd do a cremation.

I doubt if I do any exercising today, just not feeling it.  My feet have been better these last few weeks.  It's a pattern of pain for weeks, then relief for a while.  Go figure.  I hate winter!

Have a beautiful day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)