Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

@bopper is your son umping the Series?  

I did get a walking workout with Leslie Sansone in yesterday (I still cannot stand listening to her blather on during the workout).  And today I have a lesson, plus the dance party, so I will get plenty of exercise.  I am also teaching LaBlast tomorrow.

It snowed overnight here--my driveway did not get icy, but we definitely have at least an inch on the lawns.  There are a number of fairly serious accidents this morning, so I am glad that I am working from home.

I got my water bill for October and it said i used 19,000 plus gallons of water--I don't know how that is possible because I shut my outside water off in the middle of the month and decreased my watering time for the first 2 weeks.  I don't run my dishwasher very much and only do a couple loads of laundry a week-most of the time just one.  I have had a toilet that I have had issues with, so I decided to file a claim through my home warranty (which I bought after the big plumbing issue last year).  I hope they just replace the entire toilet.  I'm waiting for their technician to call me and set up and appointment.  I hope they pay for it. I had to pay a $60 service call up front.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli That's horrible! Don't know if it's already on your radar but we had an issue with the lawn irrigation and got a huge bill. Once we showed proof of repair, the water company forgave a lot of the money. Worth a try once you get whatever it is fixed.

@bopper If your son is umping the Series, my Phillies would appreciate continuing to keep the cheats in line. They did a great job in the first couple games keeping everyone honest. Don't mind being outplayed like we are right now but leaning in and using unapproved bats is a no no. The umpires have been incredibly impressive.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm pulling for Game 7!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday I got groceries this morning and this afternoon did 20 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the rebounder.  I'm trying to ease slowly into it because my energy level is very low right now.  

No he's not umpiring the WS.  He only did the playoff games.  You have to have a little more senority to do the WS.   I have enjoyed watching and now the series goes back to Houston.

After our week of sun and warmth it's in the 40's and raining and more for tomorrow.  I am thankful we had nice weather earlier though.

Keep going everyone!

Trusted Contributor

We got about 4 inches of snow a couple of days ago and it didnt' warm up enough to melt it all yesterday.. That being said- 60 today, but with wind predicted. So goes life in CO with the weather. I was thinking i should have put the snow tires on- but looks mild next week.. I can wait a little longer. I did snag a lighter shovel yesterday which I will be thankful for this winter. Already I am "over" the snow.

Only walked and did some stretching  - pretty much what I'll do all weekend . I am toying with the idea of hiking  tomorrow. My football team is on a bye ( thank goodness- they are painful to watch this year) It would be a good time to go and test this heel and see how it does.  Plus I haven't hiked in so long. I lost all my hiking people.. too old with medical issues or moved.. Not opposed to going solo, but dont' feel as confident.

Got my  flu shot- so all caught up on vaccinations.

@DrKelli - hope you get  the water situation straightened out.

And @bopper  - Exciting your son is  an umpire with  high profile baseball games.Playoffs are often more exciting than the actual WS.

I am rooting for the Phillies...

Have a good weekend and don't forget to set your clocks back and hour tonight.

Respected Contributor

Hey Hey, did a 30 minute jumpboard reformer workout.  If I was feeling myself it would have felt good but I chose something to strenous for me today.  Did it though and never bailed.

Raining all day, like 2 inches...

My granddaughter is having a sleepover here tonight.  Maybe it will cheer me up.

I wish nice weather would have stuck around for a longer time but I am grateful for how long we had it.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Everyone!   I'm catching up around the house.  Seems I haven't cleaned good in 2 weeks.   I have sheets in now, switching to my Polar fleece, had my GD sleep here last night so cleaned her messes up.  She is a joy and so happy and carefree!

I'm watching Packer/Lions now while organizing.  I wrote out my thank you cards today also which is a huge thing off my mind.  

I shouldn't be doing any retail therapy but I am eyeing some things I have wanted.    I've been looking for a picture for behind my couch for 2 months and can't find what I want.  My colors are gray and teal.    Walls are light gray.

Rain stopped anyway and the sun came out.  We also need to buy a new TV, it's getting very dark... waiting for Black Friday Deals though.

Lets try and get our movement in this week.  I will try but I will also be aware of my stress levels.

Honored Contributor

Glad you're doing better, @bopper.

I did two 15 minute walk segments about an hour apart.  Plan on doing two more 15 minute segments later today. Whatever works.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I can not talk about my retail therapy. I haven't been this bad since I can't even remember when.

I bought the Mukluks sock tsv a few weeks back and fell in love. I think I ordered every variation QVC has with the free shipping this weekend. I go through socks so quickly I keep a needle and thread on my dresser. I had a moment of ecstasy when I put the first pair on. They are so warm and soft! I have no idea where I'm going to put them all. And that was just the beginning of a very expensive weekend. 

Anyway, nothing formal in the way of exercise but I am about to hit my 150 points for the fourth week in a row so I am getting my movement in. Monday is a new week! 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

My retail therapy has been HORRIBLE the last 2 months.  I really have to stop the mindless purchasing.  I mean, I have been HORRIBLE.  And yesterday, at the grocery store--$235!  For 2 bags of groceries!  And there wasn't even that much 'food'--snacks, fruit, dog food, but I didn't buy anything to make meals because I get Hello Fresh.

I did teach LaBlast on Saturday--had 9 people!  And got 2 bruises on my palm and forefinger.  Have NO idea how I did it.  One of the women teaches at the 'other' studio that I think I got fired from and wanted me to sub her class this week and I told her--I don't think I sub there any more.  Well, I got an email that I was subbing, but if I only have one person registered for class, I'm not driving over there.

I will get a work out later on--it's Groov3 with a new instructor.  The old studio owner and his husband finally left for Florida yesterday.  There is one student, who has been my friend since I started going there, who is being a brat about everything.  The 'south' studio had their monthly party on Friday and there was a big group of us from the "north" studio that went. She walked in the door and said "I can't do it." and she called her husband to come and get her--it is a 40 mile drive down there! (She car pooled with some of us).  She did go to the going away party for the old owner.  I chose not to go because he basically threw us to the wind and if it hadn't been for the other studio stepping in and taking over the lease, then we wouldn't have had a studio.  3 people would have been out of work with no notice.  And of course, at the going away party, the old owner painted himself as the victim.  And believe me--he wasn't.  He did it to himself.  I know a few things that she doesn't and eventually, I'm going to have to have a conversation with her about her being difficult and people aren't going to want to dance with her if she keeps it up.

I had a really good time at the other studio's party and think that they have welcomed us.  They gave us a gift by saving our studio and I plan to support them as best I can.

wow--I did go on about that, didn't I?

Some good Monday news--the plumber just called me and said they could come out today, so they should be here any minute.  Still don't think I'm going to the office this week . . .

Hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!   I got back on the train today.   I did 45 minutes on the reformer and 15 on the rebounder.  Just came in from a dog walk too.  Only in the mid 30's here and clouds.  The trees look so empty now.

I need to focus now on eating better.  I am reaching for to much junk.  Not into chips and stuff but more sweets.  

I did make eggs for lunch so got in some protein so it's a first step!