Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning everyone.

@bopper, have a safe trip and enjoy your grandbaby.

@DrKelli, having dizziness is one of the worst feelings,  I assume you've tried Dramamine or some other otc remedy?

@nomless, I'm still thinking about Shadow.  I don't have a pet but I understand how people consider them like family and therefore the concern/feelings for their health is the same.  @Laura14, "coughing up a lung?"  I'd love to be at a party with you and enjoy your fun personality.  (Although, I can tel you don't take no stuff, lol).

Staying in today although I might run out to get gas for my car.  I might do some in front of the tv exercising.

Have a happy and count your blessings Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Thank you.  You have no idea how I needed someone to be nice to me today.  You made my smile and lifted my spirits. Smiley HappyHeart

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody!  

Respected Contributor

Hi all. I’m working from home today. I took some Dramamine yesterday and am much better today. I think I was just exhausted 💤. I’m waiting for my new washer and then I’m going to start a load of wash and run to the store real quick. I need to buy a box of candy for the hosts of the dinner I’m going to tomorrow.

Id totally hang out with any of you if you were closer!

happy thanksgiving everybody!

Honored Contributor

Good after Thanksgiving Day morning!  How many ate more than they should have yesterday?  I know I did, lol.  We ate out ina nice restaurant and a to of people seemed to have the same idea.

My health center was open for shorter hours and I did Zumba Tone and walked two miles.  I hope that helped but I don't know.  The parking lot of about one quarter full.  People that didn't have to cook, obviously.

This morning I'm going to do a Senior cardio class but I don't think I'm going to do my walk.  Feet are hurting more than usual from arthritis.  It's in several places in my body and thank God that it doesn't attack everywhere at once or with the same intensity.  Not complaining just sharing.

For a 70 y.o., I have very few issues.  I only have to take one med everyday and that is for glaucoma.  I chose not to take daily arthritis meds that were suggested through the years due to the long list of side effects that could possibly cause other conditions down the road.

@bopper, hope you're enjoying your trip, plane ride and all.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Decided to be a rebel and work from home today.  Made 10,000 steps by 2pm.  

@Mmsfoxxie  You are so good.  I am not even thinking of going to my gym.  I've been enjoying my days off since Tuesday.  

Respected Contributor

Hey guys, I haven't gone on my trip yet, not going until December 8th.   My dad is having health issues again so I think I didn't even check in yesterday on Thanksgiving, can't even remember.   We had him for dinner but he had an episode here, was scary but we rode it out as dr. instructed us to do.   

Just having leftovers tonight and can you believe it's over 50 here, I love it, got my outside lights up not even wearing a coat!!  Rain is coming, like in an hour!!   But I did enjoy today.  I tried 1 store this morning and now I know why I don't go on Black Friday.  The entire mall parking lot had not 1 place to park and I wasn't about to circle again, so I left.   Went to dads, and this was about 11:30 and he was still sleeping.   Not super unusual but that's pretty late.   He had terrible dreams last night and was very very disturbed by them, so I held his hand and reassured him it was a dream, he wept  Smiley Sad      My sister took over and I came home, needed a woods walk with Logan in the peace, and then made peppermint coffee and put up the lights and watched Hallmark in between.

I didn't over eat at all, I just can't get myself to do it, I think it's just too hard for me to lose it.  

I hope everyone enjoyed their day and has a wonderful weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  @bopper, I misread your post and thought you would be gone now.  So sorry to hear about your dad.  How old is he again?  Getting older definitely has its obstacles.  You're blessed to have each other, though.

We went dancing last night.  I ended up with over 25,000 steps.  I still expect to be up when I step on the scale Sunday.  No worries, though.  December is rough for everybody.

Zumba this morning.  Have a great weekend everybody!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's cold and half rain, half snow today and windy.  I doubt I'll be getting in many steps today.  Slept about 4 hours, worrying about dad.  foxxie he'll turn 90, next Saturday.  Normally he does very well for the most part, lives in his own home by himself, he bakes, rides a 4 wheeler at camp and is quite sharp, he has these episodes where he is out of it, it's a seizure disorder in the elderly.  He has medicine for it but sometimes it needs to be increased so we have a dr. appt. for the 5th of December.  The side effects aren't great either though but will see what they tell us.  Thank you.    I am blessed!  You rocked your step count yesterday wow!!

I'm watching Hallmark today, getting some decorations out.  I really have down scaled my Christmas stuff.  It's too much sometimes, and too dusty. 

Hubby is working so I"m just puddering around.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I am not in @Mmsfoxxie territory but I hit my 10,000 again yesterday.  I may be going back to the mountains so we'll see if I can do it again.  

@bopper  I hope your dad is feeling better.  I'll be thinking of you guys.  Heart

Hope everyone else is enjoying their holiday.  Happy Sunday!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. I haven't read all the posts I missed.I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Foxxie, thanks for asking about my kitty Shadow. My absence here was do to a week long crisis with him. I won't go into details, but it was a rough week with him, and I was a basket case. Vet visits and lots of $$ spent on tests, etc. The good news is it seems we've turned the corner, and he's doing better. We return to the vet tomorrow for a recheck just to be sure. 

Now, I'm trying to get my schedule back to normal. I haven't done any workouts, and thanks goodness I was off work for 2 days because the library was closed. I didn't get to spend it relaxing,as I had planned, but it did give me the time to do what I needed to do for Shadow. Time well spent.