Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Hello...haven't been posting lately, but I have been consistently working out and eating well. I lost 7.5 of my Pandemic pounds so far! Very happy about that, as I feel so much better, have better energy, everything...I just finally feel balanced again! It's been slow and steady...started in 3rd week of Jan, 'til now to lose 7.5. But I'm in my zone now. I'd like to lose 8 more. I'm not deprived either....I'm just eating well-balanced, good food, nothing within reason is off the table, I'm enjoying life still...just keeping track and balancing it all. This time it has to be a complete lifestyle for good, which I'm good with. And I know life will always occasionally get crazy...gotta work with it.

As for workouts I've been mixing it up. Ever since my doc visits in the winter...osteoperosis...I've really been conscious to add weight bearing exercise along with my cardio. Tracking on my FitBit too, which tracks all kinds of workouts not just steps.

Been using my reformer and doing Yoga with Adrienne regularly.

Walking and Spinning. Free weights too. Like with food I'm balancing a mix of things...it's working. Feel better than I have in the past two years...but we ALL can relate to these past two years I think.

That's it for now~hope everyone is well. Have a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

Happy May. I still have a bit of a cold/allergies going. Did Yoga Foundation Flow this morning. 

Today will be a true day off. Spent a couple hours this morning working from home so the rest of the day is mine. 

Enjoy your Sunday. 

Honored Contributor

Ok, now don't want ya'll to be shocked so hope you're sitting down.  HAHA  

I've started walking again.  Not far just around my complex - Ilive at one end of the street so walk to the other end, around the circular whatever you call it at the other end and back again.  Its about equal to 3 blocks each way.  Should put my FitBit on so I can see how many steps it is.  Have printed out Adrienne's yoga schedule for May and since I'm working from home this week and have more time in the morning, I'm gong to do at least 2 days of yoga as well as doing my walk.  Wish me luck!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Good to see you @JudyL.  I'm gonna get out tomorrow.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!   Today is drizzling and in the 40's so feels crappy.

I did a Sunny Health & Fitness spin class 25 minutes of HIIT and I still struggle with keeping up but I try, then TG with Cathe 12 minutes, Pilates chair 48 minutes.  The chair is such a good apparatus and there is so much you can do on it.

@amyb glad you are having success in the weight loss dept.   You have your plan running smoothly now.

@Mmsfoxxie and @JudyL  good to see you both.   Walking is always good..and Yoga!!

I hope the week brings you joy!!  Sometimes we have to search for it!   Nothing is given to us, just have to make it happen!

Trusted Contributor

We got rain last night and it's raining now as I type. We had no moisture in April. It's been 20 years since that happened..  As you can guess everyone is rejoicing with this moisture. It won't be near enough.. but  will take what we are given.

No hiking this weekend.. Had my grandson overnight  one day and I biked yesterday. Good ride.. Rec Center this morning.. and  will be walking outside  later on.

Sounds like everyone is doing their thing and moving in whatever manner... that's he key we keep talking about- keep moving..  Even with  our own challenges we seem to find a way..

Happy Monday ... good posts so far . I am enjoying reading them.

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

I did a 1 mile Leslie Sansone mile workout this morning.  Taking it slow for the knees and ankles.  Working from home this week so working out in the morning is so much easier.  The weeks I work in the office, working out in the morning is limited in time.  But for this week, I will do what I can.

Supposed to be cool and gray today which I am ok with because I know we will have hot days soon enough.  Sometimes wish I could put all this cool air somewhere and then bring it out when its hot.  HAHA

Take care today!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!  We're in Day 2 of May!!

I did the bike for 25 minutes today and then Kaleigh's REVIVE Strength which was all lower body and my HR was up there with the squats and dumbbells.   Just got in from a doggie walk.  

It's gray here too and 50, just dreary out.  Everything is so brown and dead looking.

@JudyL  I hear ya, I wish we could save the cooler air for when it's hot and muggy too.

The day sure goes fast.  It's 2:19 here already.

Enjoy each moment because you never know when that moment will be gone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Thought I would peek in before I head out to my conference.  I've got about 1.5 hours on the road to get there.  Actually not leaving until noon, but have to go pick up meds at the vet and get some insoles for my high tops because I apparently hid the ones I have.

I am going to the gym too, just to get that last workout in and I'm teaching LaBlast on Thursday morning.

Not much else, so I'll say have a good day and I'll see you when I get back!!