Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

It's Sunday Funday.... Where's everyone at?

Today I did 30 minutes on the Cellerciser and 1 hour on the pilates chair...

Took a ride to our camp, but the bugs were bad so we didn't stay.  Other than that not much going on here.

I hope you are all staying consistent with the workouts.   Work the parts that work and don't focus on the parts that don't!  

#liveyourbestlife

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, guys.  What a beautiful Sunday this is even though it's a little overcast off and on.  It's about 73.

@bopper, no workout for me today but yesterday I did a Zumba Tone class.  My Fitness Center sent an email saying some things were changing due to CDC changes but the only changes regarding my club is that they can accept 60 % capacity instead of 50%.  Heck, that's good for them but not members like me.  I was hoping they were gonna say we didn't have to workout in masks anymore.  I'd say that masks cut off 25% of your air intake.  I'll hang in a little longer.  I do feel a tiny bit more energy since I started back.  And I like being around my girls.  Guess I'll hang in a little longer.

Guess what I found at Lowe's?  Lysol Disinfecting Spray.  Been looking for some since March of 2020.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hello everyone!  Did you miss me?

Arizona was HOT!! I had to be out walking before 6 so I didn't expire in the sun.  It was actually kind of nice at that time.  I did one trainer workout while I was gone, but walked every day (not very much--only 1.5 miles).  My mom looks so much better.  I can't help but think that my visit helped her out.  We didn't do much (went to the grocery store on Mother's day because my niece and her husband and baby came over and we needed more food for dinner), went to the estate planner and went to Old Navy.  It was enough for my mom.  I think she just needed the company.  I finally got to meet my great niece and she is just a happy baby.  We almost got her to crawl.  She's 8 months old.  My niece brought her over on Friday so I got to see her 3 times (we went out to Mother's day 'brunch' with my sister on Monday.

I was slammed with work when I was gone, so I have a list of about 8 things that absolutely MUST get done today.  Probably won't get to do lablast because I have a call at 10 and Lablast starts at 1030, so probably won't make that.  I do have 3 dance lessons this week and will get to do LaBlast tomorrow.  I'm teaching the next 4 weeks.

Hope you all have a terrific Monday.

Honored Contributor

Good to have you back, @DrKelli.  Glad your mom is doing well and that you shared some good quality.  I was in Arizona for a weekend once and you're right, you can't do anything outside during the day with a dry 100+ degrees to contend with.

Just got back from my Monday cardio class. The blue boundary lines that had been on the floor guaranteeing social distancing have been removed so that more people can come.  We were on our own to figure out our space.  One lady came in late and just stuck herself into a spot which was less than six feet from another person.  Not blaming her...I blame the fitness center.  If you sign up for the class, you expect to have a spot.

Have a beautiful day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!   Today was 40 minutes of Cellercising and using I Jump Instead youtube workout, then 50 minutes on my Pilates chair and 40 minutes walking ouside.

We are 80 today!   And haha yes I'm hot!   Not used to it..

@DrKelli glad you had a nice visit with mom, it sounds like she really enjoyed it too!  

@Mmsfoxxie I wouldn't like someone close to me but you are right the fitness center should know how many are signed up for the class to accomodate them.   This mask lifting is just a little confusing... for me anyways.

Super dry here and our fire danger is very high!

Stay well everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Well, I didn't get my dance lesson last night--I'm not sure what was going on, but my partner called and asked if we could reschedule for today.  So I had to go to my HOA meeting instead.  2 hours.  This was the first one we have had in person for more than a year.  I hate having to be on the board, but we can't get people to volunteer and of course, EVERYONE in the community has a problem with the HOA.  We are considered 'condos' because we share a common wall (duplexes) and you have to have an HOA in place for exterior maintenance etc--we have half the community that needs to be painted and half with vinyl siding and everyone has to match.  We also provide exterior insurance (we have a lot of severe weather) and maintain the common areas, but people don't seem to understand that money has to come from somewhere--hence your monthly dues.  I get tired of being 'the bad guy'.  And that has nothing to do with why we are here LOL!!

Today is a trainer workout and I'm hoping to jump on to the streamed LaBlast class too, in addition to my dance lesson tonight.

We have another grey day here, but we are finally supposed to get out of it by the weekend.  I guess it rained every day last week while I was gone.

Tomorrow I have a dermatologist appointment early, so I won't be on until later--and I literally have a day full of meetings (virtually)

I agree that the mask rules are very confusing.  I just wear mine so I don't have to think about it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Toning Tuesday!

Today was 50 minutes on the Cellerciser and then Pilates chair and dog walk.  Can say I am so hot!!!!!!!  80 outside and I am not used to it.  Inside it's 76 ugh.  Hubby hates fans and is cold all the time and he doesn't want the AC unit put in yet.   I know I won't sleep again.

I got my bike down from the garage rafters.   So now I can start riding again.  

The leaves are popping out finally but so are the bugs.

Not much else here.   Enjoy the evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  It's supposed to hit 80 degrees today but rainy by afternoon.  Guess that means humidity, blah, blah.

Gonna do a cardio class this morning.  Hopefully I can do the whole 55 minutes.  I've decided to make concientious decisions as I workout whether my breathing is ok or not.  Not trying to win any endurance contest.  The masks limit my breathing.  I'll continue to wear it everywhere until more people get vaccinated but I'll drop the mask during working out as soon as they allow it.

Glad everyone is doing well.  Have a great day.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

We're starting off with a really pretty day.  I had HORRENDOUS traffic driving out to the dermatologist today.  I still have bald spots.  One significant one and 2 small ones, but they look like they are starting to grow hair.  He backed me off to an every other day prednisone, so I am happy with that.  I hate taking it.

I had 3 workouts yesterday, so I am good with only having my dance lesson today LOL!  And we are finally working our way back to drier weather.  But it's supposed to be in the 80s the next couple of days.  At least it isn't 102 like it was in Arizona.

Gotta go--super busy at work.  Have a good day!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, hope your thin spots keep getting thicker!