Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@pigletsmom wrote:

@bopper 

I have a bunch of opinions on Ryka. In general I love them. On sizing for all sneakers I go up 1/2 size and in Ryka's that holds true except for my running shoes which ran crazy small and I had to go up a full size. I had the original Sky Walk and I think a 1/2 size was fine but I hated the shoe and can't remember why exactly.

If you try those and don't like them I'd shop their sales on their site. I recommend if you do find a shoe you love that you then shop around and stock up. They have a bad habit of "improving" their styles. I learned this the hard way. I loved their original Dash, hated Dash 2 and now love Dash 3 so I have at least 4 pairs stocked up. Smiley LOL

I'm pretty picky about sneakers. My heels slip out of a bunch of sneakers and I really underpronate a ridiculous amount and Ryka's have been the best thing I've found. And they're reasonably priced too!

Thank you for your reply.   I have been wearing Hoka's and I really love them but they are so very expensive, like 130$ and up.   I have a wider foot and need a wide toe box, my foot isn't super wide but when I walk I need room for my toes to spread out or I get a blister on my 2nd toe.   I may take a chance on these, I haven't decided yet.   Thank you so much for your reviews.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, this morning was YogaBurn, Booty Challenge, and Total Body Challenge using the band, because of my tendinitis and my rotator hurting I didn't do to well on that, went to a lighter band which was better, booty work was great and got my HR up as well.   I just came in from a trail walk too.  It's in the 40's today, and wind is lighter so it was much better.  I would like to see dad but my sister thinks it isn't wise.   I would wear the mask but   I am claustrophobic , and that bothers me.   So what to do.

Not much else here, stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I had to laugh about your drinking scenario.  Girl, I have a glass of wine almost every evening.  I have a glass with line levels on it.  If I'm doing my WW program correctly, I pour to the first line, four WW points (not happening right now, lol).  Funny thing is that I don't enjoy it unless it's with my meal.  Guess that's a good thing.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

First real day with the new owners and it went quite well.  I keep waiting for the other shoe.  Got home and did the yoga for the day. It was only ten minutes so I did tomorrow's too just in case.  

Hope everyone has a good week going.  Don't drink too many margaritas tonight.  😉

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  No workout for me today.  Supposed to start work at 8:00 and this morning I slept until 7:40 - thank goodness for a short commute and being able to work in my jammies!

Had to laugh at @DrKelli talking about drinking with her neighbors.  I rarely drink and never buy alcohol to drink at home but I did this past weekend.  Stress from working from home, staying inside so much, all the news, etc., there were just times I wanted a "little something."  So bought myself a bottle of Crown Royal Vanilla.  It was better than I thought it was going to be.  My daughter laughed at me and she said "mom that bottle of Crown Royal will last you 10 years."  She's probably right, I won't drink it very often but its nice to know its here when I do want a little something at the end of the day.

@Laura14 glad your first day with the new owners went well.  Keeping my fingers crossed it continues.

Take care and be safe!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.  @Laura14  I'm glad your first day with the new owner went well.  I hope they continue to treat the employees well.

I'm really tired today.  I don't know why.  I woke up around 5 this morning which is kind of close to when I would wake up when I had to drive to work.  But I just feel tired.

I did get my workout in yesterday and have LaBlast today, plus my session with my regular trainer.  I don't see the gyms opening any time soon.  There are some in Colorado that have, but they are not having any group fitness classes so that takes most of my workout away.  I'd rather just be in class and have the instructor tell me what to do than figure it out myself.

I was supposed to have ensemble practice last night, but they were doing Group A at 7:00 and then Group B at 7:30. I'm in group B, showed up at 7:25 and  they were still 'rehearsing'.  Group A went until almost 8.  I'm going to say this here because you don't know any of these people. I was ticked off.  Group A contains the studio owner's 'favorite' and I feel like they got all the instruction time.  Group B are the people that don't take many classes (except me and one  other).  I hope they don't split us like that again. Or they put Group B at 7.  I could only stay on until about 815--I still have to get up and work.  My hours are early by choice because it coincides with shift change at the plants.

Ok, I'll quit griping.  I ordered a water color kit from Amazon.  I just need something to keep me entertained.  I've read about 15 books in the last 8 weeks.  I still have plenty to read, but like to challenge my mind with other things.

Hope you all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Wednesday!

It's gonna be a hot one!  Already 80ish and I'm seeing stars from the trail run.  Did 5.49/1:03

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, Today was 80 minutes of YogaBurn and a short Trail walk.  

@MickD  no hot here, 41 with a wind chill and snow on Friday!!  I wore gloves and winter jacket and headband walking today.

@Laura14glad your first day with new owner went well and I hope they continue to treat everyone nicely.

I was just out in shorts and it's freezing out!  I was hot cleaning inside so put shorts on.   

I didn't order the Ryka's, I'm on the fence.   Maybe I should wait until I save enough for another pair of Hoka's.   They look like clunkers but they are so comfortable for walking.

@DrKelli  I was thinking of a paint by number set, remember when we were kids we did those?

@Mmsfoxxie hope everyone is well there, good thing there are no Red Hatter meetings coming up, I imagine it's all been canceled as is everything.  

My hair really needs a touch up, yikes, I see white!!

Be well everybody!

Respected Contributor

@bopper the new thing is Diamond Painting kits--they have crystals that you individually place on the 'painting'.  I have a couple of kits, I just haven't done anything with them yet.  If we are actually at home through July, I may have to bust one out.

Honored Contributor

Good evening.  Have any of you that go on Facebook seen the ads for "Body Groove" or it may be called "Dance Groove?"  I watched a couple of the videos then went over to Amazon and read the reviews there and decided to try it.  Had some gift cert money so figured why not.  Thought it might be a nice alternative to Leslie Sansone or TuboJam.

Received the DVD today and watched it and thought - no big deal, I can do this.  Well let me tell you, I did get my heart rate up and got out of breath and sweaty.  There are 2 DVDs and 3 routines each about 30 minutes per DVD.  It was fun, very different than anything I have been doing so it'll make a nice change.

Dinner is ready so gotta go.  Have a good evening!