Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: possible text that says 'RollCal Who is Grateful to be alive and well this first day of May? Lam am'

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning, I started a thread yesterday but I don't see it so started another one.   May your day be filled with Gratefulness, Happiness, Blessings, and Laughter!

Peace and Blessings for a Healthy Month!

Respected Contributor

Let's hope that May is the month we start getting back to "normal".  I think  Denver is still under a stay at home until May 11, but some parts of the state are starting to open some things up.  I don't really need to go out, but it would be nice to go to the dance studio for a class instead of doing it in front of a computer.

Today is a 30 minute LaBlast class because it is aimed at kids and they don't  have a long attention span.  I will do my regular studio's class tomorrow via zoom.

Not much else because every day seems to be close to the same LOL!!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Did my yoga for transitions.  Another really timely named routine.  Didn't care for it but I powered through.  I don't know who she thinks can balance their entire body on their arms sideways.  There was no namaste tonight. 🤨

So grateful for the weekend.  Time to relax and unwind and just be me.  Hope everyone's is off to a great start.  🙂

Honored Contributor

Just stopping by to say hi.  After 8 days of working out, decided today was a rest day.

Hope everyone had a nice day.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Today is starting off beautifully, weather wise.

I haven't worked out everyday but I did three days so far.  I got my 10,000 steps in everyday, though.  Walking in place is lazy way to do it but done is done, right.

@bopper, how is your father?  Hope you can, at least, talk to him at his door.  I have some cousins who do t live in the same house but kept visiting each other.  The mother and father have the virus as well as three of their adult kids.  One just got out of the hospital, the others just quarantined.  Are you still going to his house?  

My father, as you might remember is in a nursing home.  Staff is down a little but they claim to have no corona virus cases there.  Luckily, they have extra space there cause he's on his fifth room change as of yesterday.  This time, the lady across from the room he had to be changed from is a 'witch' and he decided to block her room so that the witch couldn't leave her space.  He's in a room by himself now.  Visitors are banned since the middle of March.  This is just the most recent problem.  Dementia is a 'Bi**h.

I hope everybody stays safe.  I'm still sheltering inside except for necessary runs.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Your post so made me smile.  My uncle is in a nursing facility which so far, thank goodness, is also good.  He has a woman on his floor who is unfortunately not well and she's terror rolling into rooms and down hallways "visiting" everyone.  It's tough but I am glad everyone there is safe.  

Didn't have the same luck with my aunt who was 98 with dementia who succumbed to the virus this week at her nursing facility.  My cousin is just going through it.  So unfair this thing.  You can't even grieve properly.  

Anyway, I got my yoga In today.  This time she wanted us to balance our entire body on our arms straight ahead.  Still not happening.  So she suggested being a froggy and I hopped around the room for a bit.  😂 Hey it all counts!  

My legs are beyond tired, have no idea why, except maybe the walking but it's only for about a half hour each day.  I'll take it. Replenished the good food again.  I've been pretty great for a week now.  

Have a great Saturday all!  

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

@Laura14 Sorry about your aunt.  98 is nuthin to sneeze at.  Nursing facilities are big petri dishes unfortunately.  Viruses spread so quickly there.

I went to Target yesterday.  Second time I've been out in a month.  Only 2 cashiers and there was a line to the back of the store.  People not distancing.  The line did move quickly and I did self checkout.  Many things I needed were not there and I ended up ordering online....still no Dawn and a couple other things.  Annoying as people are still hoarding.

I also got yelled at by an old guy.  I was pulling out a cart just inside the store.  He came up behind me and as he was going around,  I moved to the left to get the cart.  I'm done with target for awhile....not worth the effort.  I'll just go to the little grocer that my son works at and order online.

Trail run with Steve.  5.35mi/1hr

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Thanks for these threads @bopper . Needless to say, I ain't been on ice skates "like" forever. Couldn't resist putting in "like"! 

Pretty much trying to stick with my at home workouts, but have to push myself to do them at times. Maybe this no skating is softening my old brain. It's just so much easier to get a great workout by doing what I love.

We went to the hospital yesterday for our monthly B-12 shots, but outside of that? Since many stores want only 1 person per grocery cart, my wife has been doing pretty much all of that. Not much going on here, but we are doing just fine. Hope everyone that posts here is doing the same.

Keep these threads coming as I am sure everyone appreciates them, especially during these tougher times.

Wishing you the very best "bopper".

JOhn(hckynut) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Did yoga for transitions today and I agree with @Laura14 I didn't like this one too much.  There is no way on this earth I can sit back on my heels like kids do.  Heck, couldn't even do that as a kid!  Then to try and balance on my arms - no way.  So while she was doing that, I worked on planks and pushups.  Also some of her moves were a bit fast for me but that could be because I didn't know the routine so kept having to stop and look at the tv.  Anyway, still got it done.  Now time to relax.

Glad to hear from @hckynut and that you and your wife are doing well.  Always good to hear from you at the beginning of each month.

As I was driving back from the grocery store today, I drive past a golf course and walking on the sidewalk along the golf course were 2 geese - a mom and dad - and on the inside of the sidewalk near the fence were 3 little ones!  They were so darn cute - whole family out for a Saturday stroll, checking out the neighborhood.  Even the geese need to go out for a walk during the shelter at home.  HAHA

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.