Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@nomless I know that mantra. Please know you have plenty of company in just trying to make it through the days and taking it a step at a time. Lots of prayers to you. ♥️
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Its a beautiful Sunday here today.  

Yesterday I did  a 30 minute PiYo workout.  Still taking it slow with that but do feel it when I'm done so something is happening.  Never workout on Sundays so today I'm just relaxing at home, doing a bit of housework and laundry.  Still no refrigerator.  It was supposed to be delivered Saturday but didn't make the truck in time on Friday  so now I have to wait until next Saturday which means another week of living out of an ice chest.  Could be worse and while getting ice every day is a pain, it really isn't too bad.  Just have to plan meals a bit and go to the grocery store every few days.

@nomless  its good to see your post.  Love your spirit and know it will serve you well in your recovery.  My thoughts to you and hope you feel a bit better with each day.

Respected Contributor

I live in a buidling with a long hallway, and my walking consists of doing hallway laps. Not yet able to walk outside because when pain strikes, I need to sit down, so I need to stay close to my apt. 1 lap  takes about 4 and a half minutes.

Yestersy was a bad day; I could do only one lap. Today I did 8 laps over 3 intervals throughout the day. Slightly more than 30 minutes. 

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all ,  took an rest day today and my son and my granddaughter and us went to camp.  Nice ride and had lunch out.   Thenit started raining, and temps dropped 20 degrees, so now it's onlyin the 40's.

Nomless you did great today!  That's a lot of laps!   I sure hope they can figure out why so much pain.   That stinks but your attitude is wonderful, you are making progress just never forget that!

Not much else going on here, but that's okay.

Judy your weather sounds good, and the refrigerator thing not so much but hoping it gets delivered before next Saturday.   

Have a good evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Beautiful day yesterday.

@JudyL, I must have missed the post about your refrigerator.  Good you’re keeping it in perspective.

@nomless, keep on keeping on....you’ll make.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion this morning.  Let’s make this a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It was a good weekend here--nice weather!  I got 2 days of Vitamin D therapy on my deck, which is essential to my health. LOL~

I also got one box unpacked from the great packing from the floor project last summer.  But no workouts.

My hair loss doesn't seem to be letting up at all--I hate it.  Alopecia is such a weird disease.  I was in remission for a couple of years and then bam!

So the court case on Friday literally lasted about 4.5 minutes.  The judge asked for an explanation because he didn't understand why 39 votes was a 50% vote.  It is very confusing but basically if we get 50% of the 67% (required to pass something in our HOA), we can go to court and petition the court to pass the amendment.  Once the judge's brain caught up, he said "Oh, okay, plaintiff's motion is granted. Do you need a certified copy today or is an electronic copy fine?"  Our attorney said an electronic copy was fine.  "Okay then, court dismissed, have a good weekend"  and that was it.

And even more good news--it looks like the jackwagon who thinks he's smarter than everyone else on the board is moving.  I saw one of those storage pods in their driveway on Friday.  I can't wait until he gets off the board and out of the neighborhood.

Today's workout is just Quick Fit.  After doing nothing for 3 days, I guess I should put some effort in.

@nomless , one lap is better than no laps!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, never skip a Monday workot, it starts the week off on a positive note.

I did TG for 40 minutes, then rebounded on the reformer, stretched, and walked outside.  Also used my DB Method machine.

It's cold here wind chill is 36 degrees.

Just cleaning up around the joint;

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Chilly, cool, and sprinkly here.  I don't mind it tho.  I am not a hot weather person.

Didn't work out this morning as my knees still felt a bit sore.  I remember from last time doing PiYo that I have to be careful with my knees so decided to take one more day of rest and will work out tomorrow.  I do feel like my legs are getting stronger tho and could tell this morning walking up the stairs at work.  

I did meet my goal last week of working out for 4 days so am proud of myself for that.  You all know how hard it is for me to be consistent so thinking good thoughts for this week too.

@nomless you are doing really well.  Some movement each day is great progress.

So happy to hear that the Royals had a boy and everyone is healthy.  Some good news!  Made me feel really old tho when as Prince Harry was giving his short press conference, that I could remember when he was born!  Where has the time gone?

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

A sprinkly a.m. here too.......should I go on the trail?  By the time I decided not to, I did t feel like going on the treadmill!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

@DrKelli, congrats on the court win.  @JudyL , that PiYo doesn’t look like something my knees would want to do if I’m remembering correctly the small amounts I’ve seen of their infomercial.  Knees are very delicate if you have osteoarthritis.

Gonna do Body & Sculpt And Flexibility this morning.  No time for the Zumba class today.

Have a great day, peeks!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)