Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  It's rainy and cold here today.  This weather needs to get gone by this weekend.  I'm tired of it.  It was cold this past weekend too.  But, I am happy to report, I got all the boxes that have been in the garage from my floor project unpacked.  Plus I have 3 boxes of books to send to goodwill.  They were books I probably won't read and let me tell you--my book cases are full of books to read, so it's not like I'm lacking!

I picked up my 'refurbished' hearing aid on Friday and it literally died on me 2 hours after I picked it up, so now I have to make another trip back to the audiologist which is incredibly inconvenient.  This is not a good week for it to die--Kevin has his final 2 heart worm treatment shots on Wednesday and Thursday.

It's my usual workout week--today is Quick Fit (unless I decide not to go because i need to leave early for the audiologist).  My eyebrows are still healing--I had a microblad touch up on Saturday--so I may forego it any way.

Have a good day all!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today I did an hour on the TG, and then did a dog walk and a little rebounding, stretched on the reformer, it has finally and I say finally quit raining, until Wednesday that is but right now I"ll take it.  My trail is well lets just say a freaking lake, I literally need boots almost to the knees to get through some areas and Logan would be all wet so I don't want to take him back there, I tried to cross in sports that were less water but where you think it's less you sink down so not a good idea, I mean it was horrible and I stopped and looked around and there is little ponds everywhere.  Many have water in their basements, sump pumps not working, people running hoses out of their basements into their ditches...

We're lucky we don't have water, but we are somewhat above ground with a bilevel house.  

Dr. Kelli sounds like a crappy weather day there too.  Sorry about your hearing aids, what a pain that is.   I hope Kevin does okay, such a concern!

That's about it here, have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  The sun!  The sun!  I see the sun!  And blue sky!  until tonight when more rain is supposed to hit my area.  Then more on Wed and more this coming weekend.

I did 30 minutes of PiYo this morning.  Had to modify quite a bit of it but do feel that I am getting stronger.  Slow and steady and things will improve.

@DrKelli sorry about your hearing aid.  That does sound like a pain in the backside.

I got a bit of a surprise this morning.  Last week was working on a project and was not getting the needed response from one person - despite multiple reminders on my part.  Finally went to my atty and she had to go after this person 3 times before I finally got a response.  This moring a package from Amazon arrived at work and my first thought was "what did I order that I forgot about?"  Lo and behold it was a gift of some nice candles from this atty apologizing for causing me so much trouble.  I about fell off my chair.  Even my co-worker couldn't believe it.  In all my 32 plus years working in the legal field, I have never had that happen!

Hope you all are having a good Monday.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, today I was up at the crack of dawn, ( doesn't happen often LOL ) so I thought roll over and sleep or get up and get er done .   I chose the latter and so happy I did, I had 10,000 steps in before 10 am.   I did rebounding on reformer, stretches on reformer, treadmill, and then dog walked.   I am now in excess of 15,000....yay me!

It's sunny now and I wore my slogger boots for the trail, by the looks of it may be wearing them all summer long, it's a lake back there.   Logan doesn't walk well in the neighborhood or I would just do that, he's a barker, yanker, wants to chase cars, not fun.

Going to dinner tonight to wish my cousin well on his move on Thursday.  Has a new job and a new grandson and wants to be closer to them and I can't blame him, I miss my grandson terrible.  Thank goodness for FaceTime!

Not much else here, hoping your day is wonderful!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's windy here and going to rain again.  

I am going to be doing my Total Gym and stretching on the reformer, I follow a lot of different TG videos and also many on YouTube and then rain shoul be letting up and I'll do a walk outside.

Had a really nice time last night at dinner with my cousin, and it was a beautiful evening.

Ya'all pray for our friend nomless, she's struggling with her setback in her health...lets all hold hands and build a strong prayer chain to lift her up and heal her, Amen!

Not much else here, oh my Uncle is going on the Honor Flight to DC today to visit all the war Memorials, so happy he could go.  My dad took it and it's wonderful for these heros of our country to be able to do this!

Blessings!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  Well, the sun finallly came out, but it is below freezing this morning!  I had the added fun of a fatal car accident on my commute this morning.  It closed the major north/south highway for 5 hours.  It had just opened when I came through, but if I would have had to take an alternate route, I probably still would have been on the road.

I am for SURE going to yoga today. I've missed that class for 2 weeks and I need to go.

Well, my alopecia hasn't let up.  One side is almost completely gone--I've got enough hair right now to cover the major patch, but it is worse than last time.  I keep hoping it's going to stop though.

Kevin goes in for the first of 2 shots tonight--not looking forward to that.  These will be the last 2 shots of the heart worm treatment.  I just feel so bad for the little dude--he's such a happy dog.

I made a date for Saturday with my little neighborhood friends to celebrate my birthday and their last day of school!  I met the bus because I wanted to ask their mom if it was okay and give her my phone number.  When we got to their house (after walking back from the bus stop), the little girl yelled SEE YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!  We're just going to McDonald's for lunch and ice cream.

Adding my prayers for our Nomless--we love you and want you to keep posting.  Sending white healing light through your body to clear all obstacles in getting well.

Have a great day everyone!!

Honored Contributor

Finally the rain has stopped and we have blue skies and sunshine!  Wahooo!!

Woke up at 3:00am and couldn't go back to sleep.  Got up at the time I would normally get up to work out and fed Montague and thought I would lie down for "a minute."  Famous last words - thats when I finally did fall back to sleep and woke up late.  Ugh.  So no work out for me this morning.

Prayers for healing for @nomless  and @DrKelli 

@DrKelli hope Kevin's appt goes well tonight.

Best get back to work just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Honored Contributor

@nomless   HeartHeartHeartHeart  BIG hugs!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i did not feel like going, but I did.  I don't know what is wrong with me lately....zero motivation.  Molly and I did 2.51mi/31.30 min.

There were 7 landscapers and pickup trucks on the trail.....they were eating lunch.   I normally would pass them 2 more times on my route, but I didn't want to get in their way.  So I did a slightly different route passed a golf range, then turn around passed the range again and back to the trail.  Molly was a trip as every time a guy would hit a ball she wanted to chase after it.  She really went nuts on the way back as she could see the grass and balls better.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  So glad to be back!

It took us about 15 hours of driving to get to Albany, Ga for my grandson’s graduation.  From there, it took over ten hours to get to Cincinnati for hubby’s granddaughter’s graduation.  Then five hours to get home.  We had a great time at both graduations but I will never do a road trip that long again.  I didn’t do any driving...hubby did it all, poor guy.

At my grandson’s graduation and celebration dinner, my ex husband was there which was a little tense but it worked out.  At the other graduation, my husband’s ex was there.  There was no tension at all, in fact, we hugged and had conversations.  The difference is that my husband knows that my ex was sometimes violent towards me and my current husband wants to punch him out.  Imagine two 72 year olds punching each other, lol.

I’m gonna do my workout from home this morning.  I’m not ready to be in a car yet.  

@nomless I hope you’re doing ok.  @DrKelli , I’ve heard that infrared (?) light is good for alopecia.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)