Valued Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper @JudyL @Mmsfoxxie  @MickD @Laura14 

Amen to a "PRAYER CHAIN".

Respected Contributor

Good morning,all!

@Mmsfoxxie , I have an Igrow from 3 years ago when I was first diagnosed.  I dragged it out about a month ago and started using it again. It uses low level light therapy to stimulate hair growth.  I don't know if it worked, but the first time around, I had almost complete recovery after the hair loss settled down.  That's the weird thing about alopecia, you never know when it will strike and you never know when you will go into remission.

Yesterday's yoga was great--I haven't been to class for a couple of weeks so I really needed it.

Today is my private personal training.  I'm on PTO tomorrow.  Like I said, I'm getting kind of bored with my routine, so I have to figure out something different to do.

This weekend is the final push for closet cleaning.  I'm tackling the huge amount of shoes I have.  Most have never been worn or they get worn infrequently because we don't wear sandals year round.  Hopefully, I can get rid of about half. And that is a number that I do not care to say outloud.

Also, I think the person who gets along with their ex is a much better person than I am.  If I ran into mine, I would probably spit in his face.  Thank the Lord we never had kids together, although I do hear from his son occasionally.  And my ex doesn't.  How do you like that?!

Hope you all have a great day/weekend!!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Want to welcome @Mmsfoxxie home from her adventures.  Sounds like you had a good time, although there was a lot of driving involved.

Nothing new to report here.  No workouts the last few days.  

@DrKelli  how did Kevin's shot go last night?

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL , thank you for asking about Kevin!  I told the vet what happened last time and he backed off on the dosage.  Kevin was still pacing and uncomfortable and decided the only place that he wanted to sit was on top of my head after we got home.  I think that shot really hurts and it's basically like injecting chemotherapy into him because it is a toxin designed to kill heartworms, so you just know it isn't good.  However, he ate another cbd cookie when we got home and he was eating and drinking, which he refused to do last time.  He did have to sleep in his crate because he was restless and I had to get up and go to work this morning.  He did NOT have muscle spasms this time.  So we have one more shot tonight and then we are done with the treatment.  He still needs to be kept calm though which is a drag because he can't go out to the dog park until about August.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all!  Beautiful day yesterday but unfortunately, I only spent a few minutes on the deck savoring it.  As I type, it’s thundering outside, no rain yet.

I’m a bad girl, 😂.  I Messengered pics of my ex to my sisters (we communicate this way everyday) and they had a field day laughing at him.  He looked lonely and old and (so they say) filled with regret.  His current wife wasn’t there.  I did finally tell them to stop with the jokes but, yeah, I laughed, too.

Anybody having a special Memorial Day!  We might go to the VFW where the veteran’s parade will start and end with a picnic.  I usually don’t go but hubby does.  There’s eating but no exercising which I don’t like.

My plan this morning is to go to my Senior Cardio class at my fitness center.  That depends on Mother Nature.  If I stay home, maybe I’ll grab one of my Leslie Sansone walking tapes.

Rainy or not, 😊 enjoy this beautiful day, everybody.  (Big clap of thunder as I typed that line, 😂).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!  It's drizzling here this morning.  I'm heading in to town to clean my dads house this morning so will take a day off exercise but that's okay I have 5 days in already this week.

Foxxie glad you are home and sounds like it was fun and everyone got along and nobody was uncomfortable.   Many memories made I am sure!

Many in need of prayers, my nephew was missing yesterday.  Well he was missing for 15 hours, he's 22 and has an addiction problem so was quite stressful.  His father found him at a camp in the woods and he is okay but at the hospital for evaluation.

I better get ready, got some house straightening up before I head to dads.  No Memorial plans here, but that's okay by me.

Have a blessed Friday!

Honored Contributor

@bopper , don’t forget to put your armor on while visiting your father!  Don’t give up your happiness while being a good daughter.  (I know...easier said than done).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

To all my friends here, thanks so much for the prayers. To read you all chiming in brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate your prayers and kindness very much. Thanks, Bopper,  for initiating it.

Yes, I'm dealing with a set back, seeing docs, having tests, etc. Doing a little walking, but not much. Doing daily chores, medical appts, groceries, etc, is about all I can manage. Frustrating because my head wants to be doing more.

Thanks and love to you all.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Did a Leslie Sansone walking DVD this morning but not with a whole lot of enthusiasm.  LOL  Just wasn't into it much today but at least I got up and got it done.

No plans for this weekend except the usual - a few errands, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.  It is supposed to rain part of the weekend but think mostly at night.

Better get to work - have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

Landscapers have been seriously clearing brush and small trees from around the trail.  There was a dump truck and bobcat out there today.  I am glad they're doing it as it's a fire hazard, but I'm sure they've killed off a ton rabbits....

Molly and I ran 2.52mi/32ish min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G