Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Monday all. I got in two days of nice long runs and hours of gardening over the weekend. But unfortunately my dh had an unexpected health issue on Sunday afternoon and will be in the hospital for quite awhile.

Not going to lie...it's scary as all get out. I am not sure how much time I will have to exercise, but I know it helps me with keeping depression at bay. And yes @bopper I do like to push myself from time to time just to prove I can.

Take care all. Sorry it seems like so much health drama coming from me. Getting old bites.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 - I am so sorry to hear about your DH.  Will keep both of you in my thoughts.  We're here for you whenever you feel like checking in.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  Nice, dismal day right now but it's still early.  Last couple of days have been humid.

@kate2357, I hope your husband is better soon..🙏🏽🙏🏽.  I can relate.

I should go out to walk but I won't.  I'll do it inside under my ceiling fan.  This old girl hates sweating in humidity.....I feel like I'm suffocating.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 - hoping your DH is doing better..  And you can get out and exercise.. it is so good mentally too.

Not much to report.. Most of my plantng is done.. and I am doing the usual exercises- I have added chair yoga daily ( U tube)  - too early to tell if it's doing anything.. it's mostly stretching.

Plan to bike after cleaning.. and have been to the rec center.

The sun is out.. it's been awhile.. CO has gotten some good moisture. Not complaining!

Have a good Monday everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, today I did rebounder, Pilates reformer and Pilates chair.   67 minutes and a dog walk.

We're 44 here and wind chill is 36!   At least there are no bugs!!   I actually wasn't cold at all walking.

@kate2357 so very sorry to hear about your DH, please take the time for yourself and don't push to hard.   We here and I speak for all of us will form a prayer chain for him and for you!

I can't believe it's 3 here already.  Where does the day go!

Respected Contributor

Hey, everyone!~

@kate2357 hope your husband is doing better--I was shocked when I saw that!

I haven't exercised at all this week.  Went to a plant y esterday and got my steps in because they were having septic problems and had only 2 bathrooms working and they were both located clear across the plant.  Then one of those 2 went down and they only had one--at that point I decided to head back home.

Had my biopsy today, so don't really want to exercise.  It actually didn't hurt.  At one point, it felt like bad cramps, so she put more lidocaine in there and it went away. It probably helped that I took 4 advil before I left home.  In any case, she said she was 90% sure the biopsy would come back normal, that she was just doing the biopsy to prove there was nothing wrong.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend.  Weather was awful here, but at least no snow.

Have a good rest of your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for your wishes, prayers and good thoughts sent out to Jack. He is better today and they are hopeful.

A distracted driver ran thru a red light and crashed into the vehicle Jack was driving. The force of the impact caused a rupture to the aorta and also caused a heartattack. Jack also had to have a leg amputated at the knee. My two sons were following Jack and saw the accident, called 911. Aid car came right away and Jack went into surgery before I even knew what had happened.

So many hard parts to these sort of events...not sure which is harder. But feeling like you have to put on a brave face to your children when what you really want to do is cry and yell, is hard. Having to give permission to amputate is really hard. Making calls to relatives and friends is hard. Coming home to a quiet home is devastatingly hard.

Jack is a strong fit man and the drs said the fact he survived this event is a good indication he will recover. Jack is still under sedation and will be until sometime tomorrow. Losing a limb will be a shock, but the hospital has already contacted me with a transition plan covering mental and physical support.

I always wondered how people get thru these events and I guess like most hard things, you just do the best you can at the time. Jack and I have strong support from family and I know we will get thru this together.

Ok...sorry to take this thread so far off topic, but wanted to let you all know what had happened.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

OMG @kate2357 - I am devastated for you, Jack, and that your sons had to witness the accident.  Wish I could give you hugs.  I will continue to keep you, Jack, and your family in my prayers.  Sounds like you have a strong support system with family and friends.  Even though all of us are far away from you know that we are here for you at any time.  I'm sending healing thoughts for both physical and emotional healing for all of you.  

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 I have nothing but prayers for you and your family. 🙏🏻Heart

@DrKelli Also thinking of you with the best of results. 🙏🏻Heart

Honored Contributor

Omg, @kate2357, I'm so sorry this happened to you!  You held your emotions back very well the other day which shows strength!  (I hope they caught the drunk driver!). He has emotional as well as physical recovery to deal with.  My thoughts and prayers will definitely be with you and your husband.  And in situations like this, the spouse has to have strength for the two of you.  Go in the bathroom and breakdown when you have to release those emotions that will bottle up and understand that it's natural to breakdown once in a while.  🙏🏽🙏🏽

Glad your biopsy wasn't painful, @DrKelli.

Hello everybody else.  This is volunteer day so I'll get some exercise just by walking into that big building.  I get there earlier than my start time to do my walking.

Let's enjoy this God given day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)