Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

You all are making me rethink what I want for my services. Maybe a martini or margarita bar w/ street tacos? Beach themed ..... hmm, gotta think about this.

As expected, my abs were talking to me all morning. Now this afternoon my back is talking to me because I began mass planting of annuals. Why is the "good" compost/dirt always in very heavy bags? Sigh.

Aside from strenuous planting & hauling of dirt, got in a 90 minute run this morning. Not a fast pace, but about 7 miles. Tomorrow is rest from running. Will be doing more planting if they have what I want at nursery. Still a bit early out here, so I may need to wait a couple of weeks.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Just cremate me and call it a day, lol.  No fanfare, no unnecessary driving all over the place.

Good morning, everybody.  Rain expected but not much.  Glad everyone has nice plans ahead.  @bopper, you'd better rest up for the grandkids, lol.

I messed around and didn't make my ENT appointment and that was a big mistake.  My ears have been stopping up in the last few days and all of the old fashioned remedies didn't work.  Wednesday, I went with my husband to look for a patio set.  My ears got so clogged that I got car sick although I had taken half a Dramamine before we left.  (I always take one before riding in hubby's car....he plays with his brakes or something).  By the time we got back home, I was at the point of throwing up.  My ears got better later but they're still slightly stopped up.  Yawning or closing my mouth and nostrils while I blow helps, too, but it goes back to semi stopped up.  You can bet I called and made my appointment yesterday.  Unfortunately, I can't be seen until the 25th.  My fault because my primary doctor told me to make that appointment at the beginning of March for my throat....getting choked.  But I think it's all related.  Procrastination is not good.

Well I hope everyone has a great day and happy Mother's Day to everybody.  Whether you've went through the physical pain of having a child or not, at some time or another, you've done some mothering.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Yup- CO has gotten lots of rain in the last few days. And more coming- Unusual for us. Million dollar moisture  for the farmers and anyone paying high water rates. I would like to have it rain once a week rather than this, but Mother Nature dictates. Have gone to the rec center and walking outside with  rain jacket and umbrella in hand. I laugh- If you buy a rain jacket  for life in CO- then you hardly need to buy another one again. Mine is 15 years old.. maybe a little worn.. We just don't get alot of rain.  

I have my plants bought and most are residing in the garage until it's nicer outside. 

Have read all your entries.. 

@bopper  I have my grandson overnight on the 26 th and I am already pumping iron to sustain myself... HA! 9 days with yours- wow!   I have no doubt you can do it..  and can see you are working out hard to be ready!! HA!

I have added chair yoga by Sarah Starr ( u tube) to get some stretches in..  revisiting these from doing it awhile ago.  Simple and I can do while at the computer. I would love to take a  stretch class somewhere, but they are so expensive.  A new Stretchlab opened up in our city, but it's $179 ( or similar)  month for limited visits.. I would love to try.

And lastly, Mother's Day for me will be free - but going to my son's tomorrow for early bfast. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

Yep, still raining here.  

@violet runner that's an expensive little membership!  When I was downtown daily, my company paid some of the gym membership.  When I first started, the membership was less than $100, so their contribution paid most of it.  I have no idea what it is now, but when I canceled it, it was $136/month.  I'll stick with my PF--22/month for the most expensive membership, which allows access to the tanning beds and the massage chairs.  Plus my dance costs.

I have a dance lesson today and am teaching LaBlast tomorrow.  It's supposed to stop raining later today and only scattered showers, but Sunday--more rain.  Yes, we need it, but not all at once.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli  the Stretchlab  membership- too rich for my blood and it seems silly almost to have 1 thing to offer. I guess the stretch times are scheduled and it's one on one- and there are some slots for more than one person..  Is it like massage? I don't know. I have silver smeakers pass and can go to almost  any workout place for nothing... ( well, I guess I do pay indirectly with my insurance).. Why would I  join a place like that?? I like your PF membership dues. Seems very reasonable. I may have to walk into this place and see what the spiel is they give. I should ask if they honor Silver Sneakers.. hmm. think not!!!!

I'm off for a walk and then  hopefully getting a pedi.. Such a busy day!!

HA!

Esteemed Contributor

Today is an off day for exercise but an errand running day. I will get back to planting flowers once the yard folks leave, so will I get some moving in.

The nursery I go to did not have the impatiens I want, so I will wait until after the Mother's Day swarm have left to do more plant shopping.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Hey all, was a errand day today.  Got groceries and visited my dads 94 year old girlfriend who was an absolute blessing when dad was alive.

We are taking her to dinner tomorrow for Mothers Day.  

Today I did just a 45 minute workout on the reformer.  It's chilly today the wind is right off the cold Lake Superior and it's super foggy by the lake too.

I need flowers also but have held off because of the weather.   I want a hibiscus this year.   And we are putting in a burning bush too.

@Mmsfoxxie  is right everyone is a mom of some sort at some time in their life!

Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to everyone no matter what type of mom you are you are important!

We went to my sons camp this afternoon and it's off the grid and I loved it.  No phone, just the woods, my granddaughter, a black lab, son, hubby and me.   So peaceful.  Took a nice walk in the woods, and sat on the porch.

In the mid 50's which is perfect temp for me.  Not to hot and not to cold!

New week new goals!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!

I have officially ended a long health chapter and I am moving on alone.  The only good that came out of the past two months was I learned how to pace really well. 

Outside of the yoga routines I got in, I regularly clocked over 10,000 steps for the rest of the week. Not bad for someone with a desk job.  

Looking to get more into a routine with the yoga and other things.  Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!  This morning was a new Kaleigh spin called Breaking your Plateau.   All about getting out of your comfort zone.  If you stay in your comfort zone all the time you will not make the necessary changes your body needs.   spinning definitely gets me out of my comfort zone.  It's not comfortable it's dang hard.  But I push because it's what I need to do to get better at something I find hard.   Do you struggle with anything and you know you could push harder?   Do you want to do that or are you comfortable where you are at right now.   My choice is to push more because I need to!   Then I did a 20 minute workout from John Geary TV on the reformer all upper body and that was good also.  

It's 70 here, of course i feel hot because I am not used to it yet. 

Will dog walk in a bit here.

@Laura14 thinking of you.  It sounds like you have some struggles you are dealing with.  You are never alone here my friend!  

Not much else going on here and I"m okay with that.   Camp day yesterday was wonderful!