Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Friday!

It's my active rest day and it's raining and foggy out.

Drumming with my workout play list is so fun so did that and some on the reformer.

Picked up my groceries from Wally World.

Don't forget to find the kid in you today!   It's in there!!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@bopper  I could jump in mud puddles today.. its raining and slowly turning to snow.. Spitting right now. That  brings out the "kid" in me.!!  So hot yeserday and now it's 39 here. I have my plants inside  and will cover the rest tonight..   This extreme weather is happening everywhere- is it the new norm? Think so.

I see Covid is ramping up again.. but I am more interested  in hospitalizations numbers.

Let's see, I went to the rec center - did some chores and then walked in the rain-

I do believe i'll be  inside this afternoon. 

No hiking plans this weekend.. but if there's a break in this storm, I might dress warm and bike and do some bird watching. Somethng tells me I might be the only fool out on the trail.. HA!

Have a good weekend.. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, guys!

Had a bp check this morning...138/68.  Nurse said that was very good.  The only thing different than my last bp check was that I had nothing sweet other than fruit since Saturday and smaller food servings.  Worked out twice.  I think I'm gonna buy a bp monitor for home checks.  It's kind of bothersome to drive almost half an hour just for a bp check.

If it's not too stormy (it's expected to be) I'm going to my Zumba class.  

Enjoy your weekend!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!

Well it's been raining all day so no outside walk here.  Feeling antsy with to much sitting for me.  Watching BB now.

I did an hour on the reformer and burned 300 calories so that was good but I hate sitting here.   I have laundry going and I vacuumed.  That took all of 5 minutes Haha

@Mmsfoxxie  that is a good reading.  We have a cuff here for that purpose.

@violet runner the temps are all over.  We're cold 40 with this cold rain.  You will have all that snow melted before you can blink though.  

I made my protein pancake for breakfast and so good and filling.

Nothing else going on here. 

Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

The sun is out again and I put all the plants back outside.. and hopefully I won't be bringing them in again. Temps aren't exactly hot, but snow is gone . I biked this morning with my winter jacket on.. Saw lots of birds- very active and wild turkeys crossed my path. Later on I took a 2.5 mile walk and I am done with exercise today.

This week its basic workouts and still looking at tweaking my foods. Not gonna say diet ( oops, I just did).   I did buy the Goli apple cider vinegar gummies. Starting with one to see if I tolerate it.  Taste good. I am sucker for trying new supplements..

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I feel like I've gained 15 pounds from all the traveling I've done.  I did teach lablast on Saturday though.  This week, I've got a bunch of dance lessons because we are trying to get ready for a competition in two weeks, which includes a solo.  One we haven't done for awhile.  We could take the easy road and do one we are very familiar with, but we are going with the 'funny' one.

I'm going to try to get a workout in after work today.  I came into the office and really wish I didn't because IT still hasn't set up my new docking station.  I am sitting in someone else's office because I need the big monitors.

Sorry I don't have more of a contribution--it's been a busy month.

Honored Contributor

Good morning all!  This morning I did a 20 minute Body Groove.  This week I'm working in the office so my workout time - when I do it - is very limited in the morning.

Haven't been posting but have been reading.  @Mmsfoxxie - glad to hear your BP is getting better.  @DrKelli - you have been doing a lot of travelling, hope June is quieter for you.  @bopper - glad to read you are feeling better but bummer about it still being so cold where you are.  Hope to hear from Laura soon.  @violet runner - always good to see your posts and all that you do.

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

Monday is here!   I felt sluggish this morning... I still have my asthma cough and it drives me nuts.  Used my inhaler before my workout today.

Spinning for 40 minutes and 30 minutes on the reformer.  I still struggle with spin and feel I never will get better.  5 months in and still can't do the beginner workouts like the instructor is doing.   I know it takes time according to what other bikers say.  

Then took a dog walk on the trail.  Warmer today and no rain.  More rain on Wednesday though.

@violet runner  glad the snow is melted.  My son said they got a mess too.  We haven't even bought plants or flowers.  Its in the 30's here at night.  Do you see coyotes when you bike.  I know we have seen them when we visit Denver to see our son.

@JudyL  glad to see you.  Back in the office for you.  How is Montique doing?

@DrKelli busy days this month for you. This weight thing is a battle all the time!

@Laura14 you still hanging tough!

The days go so fast.  I can't believe we are approaching the dinner hour... ugh I don't like it.

Stay strong everyone!!   

Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody.  Lovely day today but I didn't go out in it.  Upper fifties....cool but sunny.

I rode my stationary bike this morning I got about 20 minutes in and boy did I sweat just doing that.  Slight discomfort to my right knee but I figure it was bad enough to consider it a sign to stop.

My newest grandchild is doing well and I'm so thankful for that.  The baby before him was constantly in medical turmoil.  

Looks like I'll be back to volunteering in the hospital by July.  Paperwork and lab work done.  The background check didn't discover my 20 years in the slammer, lol.  (Kidding, guys, lol).

To get TB test and drug test, I had to go to an Urgent Care facility connected to the hospital I'll volunteering for.  The tech doing the labs was saying they never send a volunteer to help them and said that I should ask to be located them for filing and other clerical things.  I said at the time that yeah, it is closer to my home, great.  But as I was driving home, I considered the pros and cons of volunteering there.  More cons than pros.  Although that office is off to itself, it's small and I felt warm.  I'm thinking too many germs in a tight space.  I'd be paranoid!  With Covid still around...no thank you.  The hospital is large/spacious, cool, $5 credit towards food.  And the views are nice.  You can walk for miles in that facility, inside or outside.

Have a great week all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  It sure is warm here in the City by the Bay.  Glad our friend - fog - is coming back tonight and tomorrow.

Today I did another 20 minute Body Groove.  Still trying to figure out my morning routine for the weeks I work in the office.  I'm now getting up at 4:25am.  Ugh, that's if I want to exercise for 20 mintues.  That is really early and I am not a morning person.

Anyway, today I did it and I feel pretty good about that.  Hope everyone's day is going well.