Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@Mmsfoxxie  I fought taking a statin and bp med, but resigned to it and have been on them both for a couple of months now. My labs were very good  a couple of weeks ago... and bp  even on the low side.   I say, do what we have to- like it or not.. I tend to like to mess with my own health- not always a good thing. Think we all here have the exercise thing down...  I am tweaking  my way of eating..  will it work- hmm. Not sure. And genetics do seem to a downfall for me too although I don't want to blame too much on it.

Yes, hear about the  baby formula almost daily. I breastfed  long enough to go from that to solid foods.. Not a choice for alot of women. Hope they get it figured out.

Weekend was biking, and hiking.. My to favorite things to do, Beauiful days here in CO.

My planting in containers is done-  keeping it alive a bigger challenge.

Went to my rec center this morning.  Very quiet..  Not complaining about that.. like having a private gym!

Have a good week everyone.!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!  Working from home today, but off to minnesota tomorrow for 3 days.  This month has been bad for travel.  I've already spent about $400 on dog sitters.

I did get a good workout last Friday though-- Louis Van Amstel was in town so I went to his master class at a nearby town.  Got to see my first zumba instructor who now does only lablast.  I hadn't seen them both in a long time.

I took the weekend off though because I needed a break.

Today I have a trainer workout and a dance lesson.  Friday is a performance and our competition is only a couple weeks away.

Sorry this is brief, but I'm super busy at work.  Have a good day all!!

Honored Contributor

Same with me @violet runner, about medicine.  I tend to modify medications with half doses or not a many times a day.  I've been known to get sick from full doses.  I'm small when my weight is close to ideal and a full dose of a pain killer for instance can make me sick.  I know bp meds can't be messed with, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!

Add me to the list of hates taking medicine and tries to tweak everything.  I'm trying beet root supplement now to see if it lowers my BP.   Mine is borderline like 130/ 82.  I heard from another group I'm in that beets help lower BP and since I don't like them ( shocker LOL) I bought a bag of beet chews.

I did spin this morning for 30 minutes, covered up my computer so I can't see my cadence because I am to focused on numbers and when I can't keep up with her speed and her resistance I tend to get down on myself so I just covered it up and rode.  I know I was way slower than she was but maybe that's how it's going to be.  She's in her 20's.  Then did over 20 minutes on the reformer, upper body burn and lower body burn.  

Dog walk done.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Honored Contributor

@bopper, I hate beets, too!

Wow....130/82 sounds great for bp.  Last year I was 140 over something.  This time 150/95.  I think the top number is the important one.  I go this Friday for a recheck.  Already I'm trying to see if I can take advantage if I have to be put on bp medication......My sister's husband and a friend of hers lost a lot of weight after starting medication for bp or diabetes, I forget which but as soon as they started taking it.....they started losing weight!  I think it was the diabetic med.  So, I'm gonna tell the doctor to prescribe something  that says weight is a side effect.  Kill two birds with one stone.  My husband takes Metformin for his diabetes.  Skinny now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Toning Tuesday is here!  

@Mmsfoxxie  my husband takes Metformin also and he is taking it for pre diabetes.  He also takes BP meds.  I took mine last night to check it and I was 120/80.

They worry more about the bottom number than the top but both need to be in a good place.

Today I did 40 minutes on the reformer and 30 on the Total gym, a little on the Pilates chair and a doggie walk.  It's only in the mid 40's and no warmup for the next 10 days.  Saying to take in any container plants and cover any ground plants.

Have a good night everyone

Honored Contributor

Your bp sounds perfect!  @bopper 

Respected Contributor

Hey all!

@Mmsfoxxie  it's good at home but not at the dr.  Major white coat hypertension.  Usually 160/90 at the dr.   It makes me so mad that I let my anxiety get to me.   I have to record my pressure at home on my phone so I can show her the consistent readings.

Today I did the reformer for 30 minutes and the bike for 30 minutes and then took my 94 year old dad for a nice walk.

I hear thunder.........

Trusted Contributor

Good morning,everyone.

First, I like beets- best when bought at a farmstand.. to help lower BP- dont' think I would eat enough so @bopper , the chews sounds like a good way to get them in your system.

I am wondering about the brand Goli gummies.. Thinking of the apple cide vinegar ones. Anyone tried them?  Those gotta taste better than taking the liquid- right?

I finally hopped on the scale after months of not.. and am down 2 pounds.  Maybe going more plant based is paying off a little..  Dont' get me wrong, I love my meat too. Just not  as much anymore. And I am trying to get more protein in.. protein powder, etc..

Can't say for sure.. I guess weighing more consistenly is in order.

Ok- 88 today and 40's tomorrow with possible snow. I am making my plans to cover my flowers and veggies tonight.  Pull most in the house or garage.. ******- such an extreme.

Rest day for me- I need it. My legs are sore.. Hiked this week, biked, walked and usual rec center so far..  

that's it from me..... for now anyway.

Respected Contributor

Thirsty Thursday!  Have you been drinking yoru water gang!  I have.  

@violet runner  I have tried the Apple Cider Vinegar Goli gummies and they are good.   My multiple vitamin is a gummy.   Pretty sad to think your gummy vitamin is your "treat" for the day LOL.   The beat chews aren't bad at all.  I take 2 a day.  But we'll see how much it really helps.  I'm sure its a gimmick like most stuff.

I did the reformer for 40 minutes today concentrating on Abs and lower belly.   Then did 30 minutes on the bike.  I feel I should be getting better at it and I'm not.   I get discouraged fast as I can't keep up yet on the beginner rides.  4 months and still doing beginner rides.  It's hard stuff and I'm not in my 20's or 30's.  Maybe I should cut myself some slack.  

I am stoked I had a White Blue Jay today.   All white with just some grey.  Apparently they are extremely rare and it's actually caused from a genetic effect.

Cold here about 47 sick of it.  Same for tomorrow with rain and actually next 7 days cold...

@violet runner  also heard about your crazy winter weather coming.   My DIL said 80's today and covering plants by tomorrow.   I feel we didn't even have Spring.  It will go from this to 80 and I'm to hot then.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.  I think tomorrow will be my rest day. I have 5 days in this week.