Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning all!  A belated happy to @bopper even though I was on time on the book of face.

We have another May baby--my great niece, who apparently has impeccable timing, was born yesterday on Mother's Day.  She is fat and happy and has more hair than I do.  Which isn't saying much.  LOL!  She is my niece's second baby and she came fast!  Literally within 30 minutes of them getting to the hospital.. My niece said if they wouldn't have gotten going, she would have had that baby in the car.

I ended up teaching LaBlast on Saturday.  I need to get to the gym today because I am traveling again this week.  But just one night. At least my dog sitter isn't going to be complaining about the siding project.  They are done with my house for the most part--they just need to put  my railing back up by my front door (which my insurance agent required before he would issue my homeowner policy).

Another busy week and of course, I'm waiting for other people to give me answers, which drives me crazy.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Happy belated birthday @bopper!

I changed my regular medical doctor to an osteopathic doctor and I saw her for the first time Friday.  My pre diabetic numbers are worse (thanks to having a medical portal, she was able to pull up all of my history) and my blood pressure, taken three times in almost three hours was 150/95.  In two weeks, I go again for a bp recheck.  My spine is shortening/tightening (something about the fourth vertebrae) so I'm going to start therapy for that.  I was have off and on pain.  She prescribed Allegra for my chronic cough which I'm gonna try but I don't think my cough is from that (I'm a doctor, you know, lol).

Anyway, I knew something was wrong with me because I was sweating more doing my at home basic workouts.  Leslie Sansone is not that sweat worthy as we all know.  Tiring to the point of stopping for a slight rest after maybe 15 minutes.  I assumed it was weight related, which it is, but not entirely.

I'm gonna do more than talk about eating better because I don't want to be on a lot of daily medications.

You guys hear about the baby formula shortage?  My daughter in law is due on the 27th and due to her medical history, it's been another pregnancy full of drama and now this.  Anybody remember evaporated milk with karo syrup formula you made at home and sterilized it.  Not much money in that, I guess, so mom's are forced to my high priced formula.

Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

It's Toning Tuesday y'all!

I did 15 of cycle pyramid style, resistance of 5,6,7 and then went back down 7,6,5 and then did 10 minutes on the Celli squeezing my pelvic floor and a doggie walk.  

Had my hair done this afternoon.

We are warming up it was 70 and now it's thundering.  It's humid too haha...

@Mmsfoxxie  I hope the dr. can figure out whats wrong.  I'm still coughing from the Bronchitis.  It makes me wonder if before that I did have the Covid.  My lungs don't seem to be working real well either.   Do you get nervous at the Dr?   I get really bad and my BP is always real high but only at the dr.  Do you take it at home and keep a chart?

@DrKelli  hoping you have a good week.  Sounds pretty busy!

Yes I heard about the formula shortage.. Goodness!

Lets keep pushing forward and try to make good choices.  We all need to do it not just a few but all of us 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper , no, I wasn't nervous because I knew she wasn't gonna do a procedure.  Now, for my upcoming colonoscopy, I'll be nervous, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey all!   We are foggy and cool today.  Yesterday warm and today I walked in my winter jacket.

I did an hour of weights today.   Kaleigh REVIVE program was Tri's and Bi's and Abs and calves.   Then I did a little on my Total gym and a doggie walk.

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm glad you weren't nervous.  I am nervous just calling and I'm not kidding either!

I have a pot roast cooking so it smells great in here.

I hope you are all pushing along and remembering that a 30 minute workout is only 2% of your day!!!  Let that sink in!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ah, May-- pretty hot this year and the wind continues... don't like wind.

I am going hiking with 2 people I have never hiked with this morning. Could be interesting. But  I haven't been for awhile so looking forward  it.

Have been able to bike, and of course, the usual rec center workouts. And I love walking these days.. Birds chirping loudly,  leaves popping out and somewhat green here.  Still not alot of moisure..  could indicate a very dry summer.

I had my eye appt - the one that had an aneurysm lasered and  comparison pictures shows it's back to normal..  yay.

You have been chatting about BP and since I have started on a med, mine is within normal range even going the doc. Alot like you, @bopper - just thinking about making a doc appt used to raise it. In the office it was higher than readings I had been gettng, but still in normal range..  

I have all my plants I bought in their pots and window boxes.. I have about half what I normally do- prices were just  too high this year.. Maybe if there any left will go on sale  and I can pick up  more near the end of planting season. I have quite a few succulents and cacti  I'll bring outside this year to fill in. They can take the heat  which will almost certain come..

Also  will be hiking a new trail on Sunday.. Tis the season to be outside. We'll be in the mts so it'll be much cooler..

Have a good few days everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!

@violet runner  good to year from you!  We are under high fire danger however last night we had some big thunderstorms roll through and lots of hail and wind.  I was worried about my hanging baskets and almost got up to run outside and get them but I didn't and they look ok.

I can't believe we're 85 right now and super muggy.  One extreme to the other and a body has a hard time adjusting considering how cold we normally are.

I just ordered some new shorts from Kohls.  Of course I'm heavier than last summer so they feel tight.  Ughhh I give up.  Just going to accept myself for what I am.  It's kind of freeing to be honest!

Stay safe in any storms heading your way!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Whew!  Hot, hot, hot these last three days.  Relief this weekend so they say....with rain.  Oh well, as long as it's not extreme, I'll take it.

Did I miss a post saying @Laura14 @would be away for a while?  I know @DrKelli @is super busy.

My husband finally turned the air on yesterday (I was reluctant due to high bill, also known as cheap) so I did some walking exercises from YouTube, two  twenty minute workouts at different times of the day.  Next week, I'm going back to my fitness center.

I had blood drawn yesterday and my tests results are already back.  A1C is closer to total diabetes as expected, cholesterol is at dangerous level.  Other stuff is back, too.  I'm supposed to be going to Vegas to help my son and daughter in law with the baby that's expected on the 27th and here I am tiring quickly with high bp.  Maybe in two weeks I can at least start to feel better.  You reap what you sow, though.

Enjoy your workouts ladies.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!  My 6 year old GD had a sleep over last night.  Well she was here at 1 pm and left at 12 pm today so it was a long one and she is the energy bunny.  But get this she knows grandma works out.  She came wearing her workout clothes.   Her crop top and spandex shorts.  She was wanting to head to the basement the minute she got here and I had to tell her grandma wasn't ready yet.  I had just finished my own workout haha.  But we did our workout this morning.  I did reformer and she used the Bosu, TRX straps ( mostly as a swing) haha and my simply fit board.  Of course I had my fill of Alexa and Taylor Swift....and Baby Shark!  

Went to get a battery for our riding lawn mower and pulled some dandilions out of the yard.  

Now watching baseball and thinking about dinner.  We've been eating out to often.  Well take out that is.  

@Mmsfoxxie  sorry about the tests coming back not ideal.  But you can change that and you know that.  I hope you can still travel to Vegas.

Oh and hubby bought me new Hoka shoes.  I had told him mine were wearing out and yet when we left today he didn't tell me we were going to the running store.  Glad my socks weren't  holey haha..

Have a great week everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

That's right, @bopper, get her started right.  If one develops a love for exercise, there's a better likelihood of keeping at it.

My daughter in law delivered her baby two weeks early Saturday and she and the baby boy are fine.  This one is in 100% better health than the last child which worried us all for the first two years of her life. Thanks to God for good health.  I don't go there until June 6th.  My ex is staying there right now and I would have had to stay at a hotel and commute daily which would have been one more expense for me.  My airfare was $655 economy!  My son is taking a few months leave due to her being on bed rest the last three weeks with an expected month recovery from her C section.  I've made my opinion known more than once that a tubaligation or a vasectomy must be done.  She is always high risk when she's pregnant.  

I'm going to my fitness center today but I'm going this afternoon.....just walking.  I don't want my usual group to see me just yet.  If I don't get back into regularly attending soon, I'm dropping my membership.  Tired of paying without the benefit.

Have a great day everyone.