Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@JudyL wrote:

Good evening.  It is unbelievably hot here - 89 in my house right now, must be in the 90's outside.  Even the cat does't want to eat so I know its bad.

Wow @MickD you did great with your color!  

@Laura14 enjoy your company.  Hope you have a nice visit.

@bopper today I ordered the Yoga Burn Trim Core so we'll see how I do. 

Hi to @MickD  and @Mmsfoxxie 

Knew it was going to be beastly hot today so got up early and did my work out but only did a 30 minute Body Groove.  It was already warm at 6:30 this morning. 

Take care!

@JudyL  Yay!!!!!   You'll do fine, just go slow, and if you are not ready to move onto the next week, repeat the week you were on.   I"m doing that now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After a tough week, I came home, made myself dinner in a now quiet house, and then did my yoga to meditate which is today's routine for self care.  

This weekend was supposed to be about getting myself grounded again to shake the stress and anxiety plaguing me lately. Instead, I am watching my city going up in flames. It's beyond surreal to see what you know so well be destroyed. 

I hope whatever you choose to do this weekend you engage in self care, neighbor care, and wherever else you can, spread a smile. It's probably the best exercise there is for all of us right now.  Stay safe and well. Heart

Honored Contributor

Even though I did a yoga routine this morning, I felt like I needed a de-stress routine tonight.  So did Adriene's "Salve" routine and loved it!  @Laura14 thought about doing the meditate and may still do that tomorrow.

@Laura14 you've been on my mind today as I've checked in with the news and was seeing what was happening in Atlanta. 

Hope everyone does some self care this weekend as these times are scary, sad, and overwhelming and one can easily feel hopeless.  Remember we have each other for support.  Take care and be good to yourself.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, I almost said I'd take a rest day, as today is day 7 for me but I did Total Trim Core ( it's only 15 minutes) and then did a restorative video which actually gave me knots LOL, as I'm a mess, then did the treadmill for 45 mintues, running some of it.

@Laura14  that is so depressing, and then what's happening in MN.   I have to watch some other stuff, can't take it.

Last night I watched Haircuts in America, it was quite funny actually watching people cut and color their own hair with the help of a stylist through zoom.  

@JudyL  I agree with you and Laura, we need self care and love and respect, and caring about others, I still have a hard time believing what I am going through here in America!  And when I hear this will be here forever and amen, I think seriously forever!!!

Well I am going to go outside, it's cold, summer is over, wind chill is 37... I'm not kidding either.

Have a good day, stay safe and yes we have each other here to vent, to laugh, to cry, to do whatever your little heart desires!

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies.  Thank goodness for Adriene's Meditate video.  Did that today and the "Salve" one yesterday and loved them both and felt better afterwards.  Its been a tough few days for me so these particular videos were perfect.

I did get outside for a bit today with my DD.  She and a couple of her friends and I had a bit of social distancing with masks and sat outside and visited for a bit.  

Hope everyone had a good Saturday.  Be safe, be well and take care

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well despite whats going in.  Here to lift each other up in whatever way we can right?

I started of saying my rest day but then started doing my floors, and baking sandwich bread for hubby for his lunches this week, then brownies again for dad, he really like them, and this way I get to bake and don't have to tempt myself with eating them.

I just did 45 on the treadmill and then Zoe's arm workout.   Good for today.   I ordered new shoes a while ago and finally got a notice they shipped, my foot hurt today, the ball of my left foot so will be glad when they get here.

Be safe everyone, and don't go where all these protests are.

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!

Steve did part of the run with me then bailed.  I ran 5.87mi/ 1:05min.

Watching the protests every night.  It's too bad the crazies are making it dangerous for the peaceful protesters.  And all the looting and burning is just awful.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G