Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, group.  Looks like everyone is doing well enough.

The humidity is finally supposed to leave today.  I've hardly moved, let alone exercised.  Due to so much water restoration equipment being on ( until yesterday evening when we turned it off ourselves), we were afraid to turn on the AC.

The company doing our work called yesterday to say the company has to shut down for 14 days to quarantine.  None of them have been to my house since Friday when they ripped it apart and left the equipment running (necessary to dry and sanitize the walls).  They were supposed to come back yesterday, Wednesday, but instead we got a call saying one of his men tested positive for the virus that morning so, by law, he has to shut the place down.  Even though that person wasn't one of the guys that came to my house.  So we weren't exposed.  Also, we never were less than six feet of the masked workers in our house.  We wore masked also.

What I'm not sure of is can we still get a plumber in here to replace our sump pump ASAP..... since we didn't come in contact with the infected person.  Boy, oh boy, lol.  I had no intention of having any strangers in my house anytime soon before The Flood happened.  I have two minor toilet issues that I was putting off but now that the sump pump has to be replaced, I might as well have him roam all over the place and just pray, pray, pray.

I look forward to the days that I can complain about my exercise routine at my health center again.  June 1st is the start date and group exercises will be done outside, weather permitting.  We did that for a couple of weeks last summer when they remodeled the facility and it was fun.

My WW location turns out to be one of the ones closing and WW is encouraging clients to continue the virtual meeting for that group.  Well, let me tell you, people got on that WW page, outraged.  Turns out, I'm not the only one that doesn't like this virtual mess although WW tried to spin it otherwise with those lying emails they send.

Anyway.....everyone stay safe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, All!  We have a lovely morning in Colorado--it's about perfect temp wise.

@Mmsfoxxie wow--I don't envy you.  I hope you get your repairs done quickly.  It's kind of scary about the guy testing positive.  I'm glad he wasn't one of the ones in your home.

I had a great lesson last night. Even the instructor said I was doing really well. Next week we start the other dance (that I was supposed to do with the young guy).

Will do LaBlast today.  Saturday, I'm doing LaBlast and then taking a ballroom jewelry class where we design a piece to wear in the showcase.

Hope you are all doing well--I'm kind of tired today.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I am just amazed at all you are going through and what timing.  I swear my sister had it right when she said just tell me one more bad thing so the apocalypse can commence.  It's just horrible everywhere you turn.  

I have been in a mood for about a week.  It seems like my family, friends, virtual peeps all have a black cloud.  I was driving home last Friday and saw a tow truck obviously repossessing two cars in the neighborhood.  I just want to cry.  

But for my own family and the luck I currently have holding onto my job, I'd be who knows where.  It's just not okay and our state was the first to open to give everyone a fighting chance to resume jobs and life.  If we can't do it here, I can't even imagine elsewhere where they are still shut.   

Anyway, enough of that.  I did my yoga this morning before work.  My company I think leaves tomorrow but we'll see.  I'm not sure what I need to cheer up.  

Hope all else is going well.  At least we all have our health and ability to keep it up here.  Have a good day.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie When it rains it pours!  I would call a plumber and get as much done as possible to work around the mess.  He's got to take precautions anyway......and as far as you know, you both don't have the virus.

My hair salon is opened....my stylist called yesterday.  I told her that I did my hair, but won't highlight.  I may come in next month.  I don't feel comfortable going in now.

And my fave Fisherman's restaurant opened today....I can see people at the tables from the beach camera.....I don't know if I'm ready to do that either.  I'm assuming temp checks, 6 ft apart and masks....there's gonna be a spike in Orange County!

Trail run 5.87mi/1:06min done!!!

Have a safe day everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Its finally cooled down here and back to a regular temp.  

Taking a day off today, just don't feel like doing anything.

@Mmsfoxxie if you call a plumber and wear masks and he does too, I think you'll be fine.  

@Laura14 enjoy your last day with your company.

@MickD today I postponed my hair appt that I had scheduled for monday.  Like you, I'm not ready to go in for a haircut yet.

Take care!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL health experts are saying that you're at increased risk of exposure after 15 min of being inside and in one spot.  And my stylist gets inches from my head!  I don't want us breathing on each other even with masks on.  Plus I know I'll touch my face.....nope, not ready!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, woke up to much needed rain and been raining all day, the leaves are finally starting to poke out.   The bugs have already poked out unfortunately!  Just about every bug imaginable.

I did Yoga Burn Booty Challenge, I"m on the last month and did the 45 minutes today and I was sweating onto the mat!  This YB program is the best program I have done and ya'all know I"ve done lots of different programs and machines.

@Mmsfoxxie I'm so sorry about all this mess you have and now the place closing because of someone testing positive but better safe than sorry.   It's just one thing after another it seems.  

We're going to be on the cool side for a few days now, even said frost for Sunday!   It's up and down here!

Our hair salons are not open, not sure when that will happen, I really am not bothered by mine though, and i never thought I'd say that, as I get my gray done every 4 weeks, but being highlited the white/gray kind of blends in.    Bigger fish to fry!

Stay safe everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We have a really beautiful morning here, but I've already had to change into a tank top and shorts because I was sweating sitting at my desk in a t-shirt and capri joggers. I'm going  to have to break down and turn on my a/c.

Did LaBlast yesterday, but they announced that they are cutting back to 3 days/week because some places are opening and they want to give their instructors the chance to make money teaching their own classes. I actually posted in my neighborhood FB group that I would teach a couple classes/week at the basketball court because we can socially distance there.  Have to do it early in the morning though because it would be too hot later.

Will probaby do the 30 minute class today and then I have a session with my regular trainer at 3. One of the gyms in the chain is opening next week, but the one I go to doesn't have plans yet and it is close to work and I am not at work.  The Planet Fitness by my house shows no signs of opening any time soon.

This weekend I am going to LaBlast and then staying for a ballroom jewelry making class.  I need to get a dress for my waltz too pretty soon.  I can't remember if I told you, but I was showing my jive partner (who will be dancing the waltz with me too) some of the steps and was showing him one part and he said this is your first viennese waltz and you're doing a shadow parallel?  And I said I guess---is that hard?  And he said Yes, that is a very difficult step. So that makes me feel good because I actually caught on to the waltz faster than the jive.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, I did Total Body Challenge ( YB) 45 minutes using the band and whew I was dripping wet, then did the Trim Core 15 minute workout, quickly cleaned up and headed to pick up my groceries at Walmart, brought dad his, and brought him some of my homemade chicken pot pie, and brownies I made last night.  This was 11:30 and he was still in his robe, no teeth in, and said he got up at 10:30 but he's slow getting going .   I had planned on taking him for a quick ride to the lake but he wouldn't be ready for a bit and I too had groceries in my truck, so I headed home.  

@Mmsfoxxie  how is your dad doing in the nursing home?

We still don't know when we will be opening our state, it's a slow and gradual process which is the right way, would be nice to get my hair done though but it's not driving me nuts.

I almost got the TSV but didn't.   Polyester is kind of hot.

Stay safe and enjoy the day!  Think I"ll start the June thread so I don't forget.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Its a much cooler, nicer day here by the Bay.

This morning I did the Greet The Day video of Adriene's.  Really like that one.  Its just challenging enough to give me something to work towards, yet I still can do quite a bit of it that I feel I get a good workout in.  Looked at her calendar for June and it looks good so may be doing quite a few of those videos too.

Not much going on here.  Hope everyone is having a good Friday!