Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Thank y'all for the birthday wishes. I got to see my best friend yesterday and had mimosas after dance class. I really need a pedicure but may have to do it myself. Hope you have all had a good weekend. Back to it tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy birthday again, @DrKelli.  Trust me, 60 is a pretty good age.  You probably still have your figure.  Watch out at 65, though, I'm sorry to say.

A snake eating a toad?  I wouldn't go out for weeks, lol.  Actually, other than garbage, I haven't been out for weeks, lol.  Seriously, though, @MickD, you must live more rural than I do.

@JudyL , feel better soon.  Bones like to let you know that you should appreciate them.  Had they asked, I would have told mine that I already appreciated them.

I used @bopper's post to remind me about some things.  When I posted this morning I was too into myself.  Not good.  Sorry.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  Well its evening for some of you.  It is sooo warm here today.  No a/c either.  Ugh.  Even my cat is complaining.  LOL

@DrKelli glad you had a nice birthday.  

@Mmsfoxxie so sorry you've had such a mess to take care of.  It's so disruptive and hard to deal with.

@bopper no way on the snake.  I would have been totally freaked out.

Today I did a repeat of yesterday - Adriene's upper body strength and core and booty plus I did 15 minutes of Yoga Burn, the original one.  Did more of it than last time so maybe I'm getting stronger and more able to keep up with her.  Foot is feeling back to normal today so will do some Body Groove tomorrow and see how I do.

@bopper I went online and saw that the Yoga Burn lady has a core DVD - is that the one you have?  If so, is it hard to keep up with her?

One of the projects I started this weekend was going through old pictures, sorting, tossing the duplicates and blurry ones and the ones I can't remember why I took them.  Whew, some tears and sadness but cathartic too. Can that be?  Almost done.  Being a scrapbooker when I go somewhere I always take multiple shots of everything in case one doesn't come out good, maybe another one will.  I have a lot of pics.  LOL

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I cannot believe we only have 5 more days of  May.

I just got an email that my big safety conference has been cancelled (in August), I'm still hoping to go to Florida in July.

I only went to LaBlast on Saturday.  I pulled weeds on Sunday morning until my hands hurt so bad I couldn't do any more.

This week it is all Lablast, plus ensemble practice tonight and jive lesson tomorrow.  I'm so confused about what day it is.

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend--not much else to do, is there? LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Wow.....Wild Kingdom!!!!!

I ran on the trail this am.....  5.78mi/1:04min

I finally got the kahonies to do my hair yesterday and it turned out better than expected.  I used light ash blonde.  It did a great job lightening my roots and warming up the grey, but it darkened my golden blonde highlights.....oh well, I have a platinum blonde highlight kit I can use.

Before

P_20200508_163949_BF.jpg

After

20200525_155909.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's a toasty one here, from 40's to 88 is a bit of an extreme!     I did the  Total Body Challenge today with her band, 45 minutes, and then did 15 of The Booty Challenge,  then walked outside for 78 minutes, over 950 exercise calories burned.... making room for my trip to Culvers tomorrow for the Andes Mint Concrete Mixer....ya baby!

@JudyL Yes I have it.  Called Core Trim, and it's way slower paced, you could do it!  I really like it, and I"m almost to the end, and yes I struggle on things, have to modify it myself or not do all the reps.  Quality over Quanity or I'll hurt myself.

@DrKelli  glad you had a nice BD, 65 isn't so bad!!  Smiley Wink

@Mmsfoxxie  one day at a time, but very hard to live in a mess and keep your sanity. 

Oh dear I am forgetting what others said, please forgive me.   Waving to @Laura14  and @MickD  I hope you all have a great rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

Wow @MickD !  You go girl!  I can't believe you got an at home kit to pull that light.  Good for you.  I hope your highlights come out just as nice.  Sure they will.  

I have my company back for a few days.  But managed to sneak in my yoga tonight.  This week is all restorative and easy breezy if anyone needs a good stretch.  

Hope everyone is having a great week.  

Honored Contributor

Good evening.  It is unbelievably hot here - 89 in my house right now, must be in the 90's outside.  Even the cat does't want to eat so I know its bad.

Wow @MickD you did great with your color!  

@Laura14 enjoy your company.  Hope you have a nice visit.

@bopper today I ordered the Yoga Burn Trim Core so we'll see how I do. 

Hi to @MickD  and @Mmsfoxxie 

Knew it was going to be beastly hot today so got up early and did my work out but only did a 30 minute Body Groove.  It was already warm at 6:30 this morning. 

Take care!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We're supposed to have a nice day today, but bad storms later tonight.  Kevin is afraid of thunder, so it may be a rough night.  He's the only dog I've ever had that was afraid of it.  Fireworks too--I hate the 4th of July and New Year's Eve.

Did LaBlast yesterday, will do it again today.  It sounds like they will be scaling back the classes (boo--since I'm working from home through August), but I understand why because they want the group fitness instructors to start making some money.

Had ensemble practice last night and had moments that  I did well and moments that  I was stepping all over myself.  I need to get my act together.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good evening.  A quick check-in as its already 7:00pm in CA and I haven't had dinner yet and I'm starving!  LOL

Did 40 minute Greet The Day with Adriene today although I did it at 4:30 in the afternoon. LOL  It was another warm day but tomorrow will be cooler - yea!  I'll be in a much better frame of mind when the weather cools down.

Hope you all had a good day!  Take care