Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Well I did my day backwards.  Yoga for gardeners in the morning and actual gardening at night.  😂. Decided to get it all out of the way and have a truly free weekend.  Lawn mowed, weeds sprayed, and side jungle cut down after work.  The bushes are twice as big as me.  I cleaned up and cut back what I could.  

I think I may actually take myself shopping tomorrow.  I haven't seen a Target in three months.  They have my Primal Kitchen stuff so I may take a spin at some point.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  

Honored Contributor

Good evening!  Just a quick drop-in to say I did an hour of yoga today - the Greet the Day and Deep Core.  I almost talked myself out of doing anything but then made myself work out.  I kept reminding myself that I'd feel better if I did and sure enough I was right!  LOL

Hope everyone had a good day.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I don't blame you for being apprehensive and afraid about going back to volunteer, work out, etc.  I won't be going to a restaurant or salon anytime soon!

Steve and I did the mini Kilimanjaro today.  4.91mi/1:03min.

How are you @bopper ???

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all I think I may have forgot to check in yesterday.   I'm good.   I did 45 minutes of Booty Challenge today from YogaBurn, and then did the Cut the fat Keep the Curves and while I saw some say they loved it I hated it Hahah....just being truthful.   I seriously needed a workout bra, I'm good in a standing straight up position, but mountain climbers, ahhhh lets just say not so good!!  TMI  Hahaha

Then I took a walk to the golf course, 671 exercise calories burned.

I'm hot, who'd think right!   I wanted my AC window unit put in and hubby said no, too early...Uggggggggg   Wifey need it!

Seems many of us are doing yoga, it really has changed my shape and no equipment necessary.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Its Saturday evening so the day is just about over but hope everyone had a good day.  It was beautiful here - sunny and warm.   Yesterday the arthritis in my left ankle - at last I'm assuming thats what it is - started bothring me and today I have had a hard time just walking around my house.  Advil helps some.  Today was supposed to be a Body Groove day but not with my ankle acting up so didn't do anything.

Not much else to report.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

I was a slug yesterday.  Did absolutely nothing.  I mean step over me and let me lie like a dog.  I was enjoying the floor.  

Pulled myself together a bit this morning.  Did next Saturday's routine which is basically a lie and do not much routine.  Looks like most of this week's yoga calendar is a lot of lazy.  

Got her email this morning that she did that because we are not going to like her come June.  Smiley Surprised  Took a peek at June's calendar and she's got several almost hour long ones on the weekends.  But it looks like the weekdays are 20 minutes or so which is nice.  

I have baked my little heart out this morning with some healthy breads.  Have my company coming back on Tuesday and staying til Friday.  I am going to enjoy today and tomorrow and get back on some other routines in my life since I have got the exercise picked up.

Our traffic is definitely up as more people are venturing out.  The calm that was nice is quickly leaving and we all have to wait to get to things again and get them done with everyone going back to their lives outside of walls.  I am sad I got so spoiled but it's nice people are getting out and about.  More stores are opening or resuming normal hours so let summer and life as we know it begin.  

Hope everyone has a great holiday.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  My ankle is feeling better but its letting me know not to push my luck.  LOL  So today I did 2 Adriene workouts -  upper body workout and a core and booty workout.  Whoa!  Loved them!  They will definitely be ones that I do often.

Not sure what I'll do today.  Yesterday I started a project I've been putting off forever so may do some more of that or maybe not.  LOL  Supposed to be very warm here today - up close to 80 which for us is warm.

Whatever you all do today, I hope you have a good Sunday!  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  It's beef sultry here since Saturday when we got more rain. A lot but not dangerous levels, thank goodness.

So the service guys from the water damage company came Friday and tore up the flooring and lower half of the walls in my kitchen, dining room and half of the family room.  The flooring under the carpet already had started to mold, thus the awful smell. The laminate in the kitchen surprisingly still had small puddles of water under it.  I was so surprised because we thought it was practically dry.  

We thought they were coming back Saturday but didn't.  So, all of the industrial blowers in those rooms and the basement have been running since Friday.  (Can we say HUGE electric bill)?  One of the machines in the kitchen is a huge humidifier and  it's throwing out heat in an already hot room.  The stove is pulled away from the wall so that the blowing gets back there.  Bottom line is we haven't been able to use the stove or sink and because of the clunky equipment, I can barely open the right side of the refrigerator.

This morning, I got smart and squeezed out a bag of bagels and some butter because I don't want another McDonald's breakfast.  I'm going to bring the toaster upstairs to use because we don't want to turn anything else electrical in the kitchen and dining room.  Might blow a fuse.  This is going to take awhile.

The 'hearts' icon isn't working this morning.  Have a good day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry @Mmsfoxxie .  What a nightmare.  I wish I could help in some way.  Heart

Happy Birthday @DrKelli .  

I did an HIIT workout yesterday for 20 minutes that was kind of fun.  Looks like she has a lot of routines so I may add that in from time to time.  

Today I did a yoga routine and my hour of power.  Got to pump it up.  Going to enjoy my final day before company is back tomorrow and work is in session.  

Have a great day all!  

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, Happy Memorial Day!    I did OYB ( Original Yoga Burn) and I am in the last phase and the last week and it was to hard for me, only did the first 15 minutes and then went backwards, to the previous week, did 15 of that, and then went back another week and did 15 of that, so I got in a good 45 minutes and over 200 calories burned, then walked for 45 minutes, and it's 80 and humid!   See we go from one season to another very fast!   I am not prepared for that!

@Mmsfoxxie You have quite a job ahead of you, that's tough!  And all in disarray.   One day at a time I guess.  

@Laura14 I did the Cut the fat keep the curves workout and holy cow, it's hard, like really hard, I couldn't keep up nor could I do all the the moves.   That's a HIIT for sure too.

@DrKelli Happy Happy Birthday, hope it's wonderufl!   I hear it's cold there or cooler than its been, you share a birthday with my son who is out there too!

@JudyL  take care of your foot.   That yoga today she did lots of tip toes, and my left toe joint is painful, I had a hard time being on the toes.

@MickD  I told you about the garter snake right??  In my yard eating a toad, I almost passed out!!!  I mean like I almost threw up!  I can't imagine what you see, nor do I want to!  I'm having a hard enough time getting this image out of my head!!!

We are supposed to have severe storms about 6 tonight, hail, and high winds, rain, but many times they go around us, time will tell I guess.  Its' so dry here, a cloud of dust actually.

Stay safe everyone!