Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning all!

I did yoga boost today which is a 7 minute quickie.  Highly recommend.  

Last night, I got another power class in.  Another teacher who can't keep a beat.  Luckily it was an old routine I knew so I did my thing in parts where she was a hot mess.  Not as sore as I was on Sunday so muscle memory has kicked in.

Did today's yoga class after so I am caught up again.  Probably do a cycle class to some youtube compilations today.  The class they had was stupid and cycle really is all about the music anyway.  

Oh and I wasted five minutes of my life making myself into a FB avatar.  Me as a cartoon.  This is what educated people have come to in their spare time.  😂

Have a great Thursday.  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I had a good dance lesson last night and that partner will be stepping in to the viennese waltz because the other guy got fired.  I did talk to the owners last night about it and when we all compared notes, there was a better picture  of what was going on.  I hope the kid can get his act together because they will hire him back.

Did LaBlast yesterday, but probably won't get to today because I have a virtual safety meeting to attend.  But I will do the half hour tomorrow plus my usual virtual training.

I'm taking mimosas to the dance studio on Saturday because my 60th birthday is Monday.  Since the quarantine messed up any party plans, I'll celebrate with my dance friends.  I can't stay long because I'm getting my hair done, but at least i can raise a glass.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @DrKelli !  🍾🥂🥳

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, Today I did Yog Burn the 45 minute hard one!   Tried to do it on the deck, and after hauling out my stuff the blackflies were terrible!  And my deck is above ground.  I got a fan and thought that may help, and i was hot, but it didn't help much but I made it through and then went inside.   Walked 45 minutes after that was over, and this afternoon did another 30 minute trail walk.  Logan was really hot, he has way to much fur.

Happy Birthday @DrKelli  early.  I was a Quaratine Birthday also, oh well.  We've started opening up things here, not salons though.   Waiting to see how things go before I venture into a business, no restaurants for me either.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

Hey everyone!

@DrKelli Happy almost birthday!

Only a couple people on the trail.  Ran 5.81mi/1:05min.

Going to target to get hair color tomorrow.  I haven't done it myself in years.  I'm gonna get light blonde...I think..see how it goes.  I have a platinum highlight kit and a purple toner shampoo for brassiness....ugh.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  I'm off until Tuesday!  Wahooo!  Decided to take tomorrow off.  Have things I want to do around the house and even though I'm working from, I still feel like I need a break from work.  

Today I did a 40 minute Body Groove and I think in a minute I might try her stretch and flex video.  Feel like I could use it.

Happy early birthday @DrKelli  - enjoy your mimosas on Saturday.  

@MickD good luck with the hair coloring.  Haven't colored my hair in years but there's no way I'd try to do it myself at home.  You are a far braver woman than I.

Enjoy your evening everyone and be safe and be well!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!  I am so looking forward to my weekend.

Did yoga for gardeners which is tomorrow's routine.  Highly recommend as one of the good ones.  Nothing too fancy and it moves.

Did about a half hour on my bike last night while watching tv and then did my own yoga routine to stretch out.  I know all the moves now so I just did what felt good to stretch.

Looking to get through the workday and then I am free!  Have a great Friday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody!  Even though it's coolish, it's been muggy here.  More of the same today, it seems.  Next week is going to be rainy and I hope it's not fierce again.

Happy early birthday @DrKelli!  Monday might be busy for me.  Wow, the big 60, huh!

The State Farm rep finally came yesterday to evaluate our damage.  He apologized and said it's been really busy, so many are filing claims.  Turns out that a valve or something malfunctioned on our sump pump which made water flow up through the kitchen sink as well as into the basement.  Today they're going to pull up the stinky carpet and next week do other stuff.

Got an email from my health center saying they will open June 1st.  It talked about how they have worked to changed gym equipment for social distancing guidelines.  More info to follow in the next few days.  I talked to one of my workout buddies and she says no way is she going back for a long time.  She has diabetes and asthma, not to mention being a senior.  I hate to use that word that some on Community Chat use to belittle people but, yes, I'm "scared".  I don't know right now if I'll be ready to go back by June 1st to workout or go to WW even though I really want to get back to my "normal" routine.  I've got eight days to think about it.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I went to Walmart this morning for a few things--$300 later . . .  I did buy some expensive things--weed killer, toothbrush head replacements. so I won't have to buy those for a long time.  They did have plenty of TP and paper towels and a few cleaning supplies. I actually found a can of lysol so I bought that.  I found some a few weeks ago, and it does say it is a disinfectant spray, but the can doesn't look like the old fashioned can.  I'm so weird.  The shelves are looking better too.

Today is the 30 minute kid class in LaBlast and then I have training at 3.  I'm instituting half day Fridays at work, starting today.  But don't tell anyone LOL!

Tomorrow is Lablast in  studio and I am taking mimosas and baby muffins to celebrate life.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  

@Mmsfoxxie I don't blame you for being scared - I am too.  I will be very relunctant to go out to restaurants, go back to work, ride public transit, etc., for a long time.

Haven't done anything yet this morning.  I'm taking full advantage of this being a day off for me and I'm moving at a snail's pace.  Will get around to doing some yoga later - maybe I will try the Yoga for Gardeners that @Laura14 mentioned.

Will run some errands in a bit - with mask on for sure! - and then be  home for the rest of the day.

Take care!