Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good evening!  I am so impressed by all that @bopper  and @MickD  and @DrKelli  are doing!  Good for you @bopper for doing so much YogaBurn.  I know how fast she goes and I can't keep up, which just frustrates me.  LOL  @MickD I don't know how you run whether it be up or down hills, my knees could not take it.  @DrKelli your dancing sounds great and so impressed that you're doing it.  Coordination is not one of my strengths so prefer dancing when no one can see me.  HAHA  

@Laura14 I watched a bit of of the morning fresh yoga and think I will try it.  Looks like I could do it ok.

Today I did 54 minutes of Body Groove, which was 2 sessions.  Man was I sweating!  What a great workout.  I kept checking my FitBit and my heart rate was up the whole time and the calories I burned were pretty amazing - even after I stopped!  All I can say is thank goodness no one is seeing me dance around my living room!  

The rest of the day has been pretty much housework, watched some tv, and relaxed.

Have a good evening!

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday all!

Went out to breakfast with my company and sent them off. They said I appear so much happier now that my employer has changed and I thought this was one of our best visits together.  So sad to see them go but they might be back in two weeks.  Did my food shopping and then came home to start my new exercise regime.  

I decided to pull out my step and barbell and weights and dumbbells and do a Power class.  Haven't done one in probably six months and that's usually a class you have to work up to again.  I was hopeful my daily yoga kept my strength up and it did!  I was so excited.  Like I hadn't skipped a class.  They say body weight is the best strengthener and they are correct.  Forgot how much cardio there is in that routine too.  

The YMCA I found apparently also put their cycle classes online so I will do those in the next few days.  One of the good things about quarantine is there are more formal free classes on youtube.  Yay!

Got behind on my yoga again but did one of the routines after Power so I am catching up.  Probably do another later today while I catch up on my dvr stuff.  My company introduced me to all of these British/Scottish/Australian shows they watch and they were pretty good.  

@JudyL You have inspired me to break out my Fitbit knockoff again.  I think I will go charge it up now.  @MickD  At some point, I want to go get my hike in too.  It's been so long. Your area sounds beautiful.

BTW, my mom was making healthy dishes while she was here and she got portobello mushrooms and chopped them up and sauteed them in olive oil and seasonings.  It was really good.  Like steak but different.  Quick, cheap, and really good for you.

Have a great weekend all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I hope everyone is well.  @Laura14, so glad your visit went went with your guests

Boy did it rain yesterday, practically the whole day.  By nightfall,  it was coming down so hard that our backyard was like a lake.  We have two sump pumps that couldn't keep up with it.  The basement got water but most of it was on one end and probably drained.  

The worst scene was in our kitchen where water was coming up in the sink like a waterfall.  We were bailing water in pots out the back door, sweeping water out the back door.  We couldn't keep ahead of it, though so it spilled over into sitting room (dining room is what it real name).

The rain finally stopped but we had been working hard almost three hours.  I expect the laminate flooring in the kitchen to become buckledvas it dries.  The carpeting in the other room about two feet in, is saturated.  Hubby has to go find a wet/vac this morning.  Carrying pots of water has drained me.

Sooo, I got plenty of exercise yesterday, lol.  My Fitbit said 16,584 steps by the time I went to bed.  My workout for today will be cleaning and disinfecting the kitchen.....without the use of water filled pots, though, lol. 

Enjoy your Monday, peeps.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie that sounds like some storm you had!  Are you in California?

We had nice weather this weekend and are expecting 90s this week.  So, we didn't get a spring.  I finally went down in the crawl space to turn my water on for the sprinkler system.  I was going to spray weed killer, but neither of the two bottles I had would work.  I had some homemade stuff, but it really doesn't work very well.

I did LaBlast on Saturday and it was so great being back in studio.  One of my fellow classmates made the comment that she was exhausted at the end of class and I said, that's because when you do it at home you can get out of the camera range and catch your breath and then the instructor did a hysterical impression of dancing and then getting out of range and making all kinds of comments about how hard it is.  It was so funny. And sounded exactly like me.

I took it easy yesterday.  Signed up for all 5 days of lablast this week, but I think they are having technical issues again and I didn't get a confirmation email back.  I hope they just send out a blanket link so that I can get my work out in.

Rumor has it, we won't be going back into the actual office until after Labor day.  Our office remodel is supposed to be done in July (we weren't going back to the temp space because we had to share offices--no social distancing available), but due to imports from China being limited--we have no office furniture for the new space.

Still don't know if LaBlast conference is still a go, but my mom and I are talking about going to Florida anyway since we have the reservations.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

@Mmsfoxxie WOW! what a storm you had and so sorry about all the water damage.

We had rain here yesterday but not that bad and then this morning it just started pouring but the funny thing was that when I looked out the dining room window over the rooftops across the street I could blue sky and a mix of white and dark clouds. 

One hour of yoga this morning - Did Greet The Day and a Deep Core workout.

Need to go check into work.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Wow!  I am so sorry.  I hope your house comes through okay.  No one needs that.  We are actually expecting rain today but I don't think to that extent.  I wish I could help come clean it up.  Heart

I am a bit sore after yesterday's marathon.  I ended up doing two or three yoga programs last night to catch up after the weights (one was fairly short) and I did the final one I missed this morning so I am all caught up again.  One was called ahimsa yoga.  Very strange but I did it.

I will probably do a cycle class later today on my bike.  Back to work tomorrow so gonna enjoy one free day before the routine begins again.  

Hope everyone has a nice start to their week.  

Respected Contributor

Hello Hello!   Another Pandemic Monday.   I did YogaBurn the original for 30 minutes and then did her Total Body Challenge 15 minutes, ( you add on 15 minutes each day you do it), then did her lockdown Monday workout as my cool down and it was spot on!   Trail walk this afternoon for 30 minutes, and we are still cold, wind chill is 43, and I'm serious!   Tomorow they say 50 but cool near the lake so that's us again.   I wore winter jacket, head band and gloves walking...

Yes YogaBurn is hard, and it moves fast!  Some poses I have to modify or I can't complete the reps, and so what I just do a childs pose or a down dog.   

It's true about your own body weight exercises they really do tone you well and I feel I am in better shape now than I was using any machine.

The Voice Finale tonight , and tomorrow!   

Stay safe everyone, the Goveror is opening some retail business now at 50% capacity, including restaurants and bars, yet closes campgrounds... I don't understand that.   Salons are a no go and so are gyms.     Oh this hair!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Slight rain off and on but not bad.

@DrKelli, l live south of Chicago.  After looking at different  local weather reports, I'm counting myself lucky.  My basement had water but it drained back out I saw pictures of people that had to be rescued from there homes cause they lived near a river that overflowed.  Others, had so much basement water that it had to be pumped out, waiting all day for help to come.  I guess that's why nobody came to out home. Less need.  Our problem is the kitchen floor possibly buckling and dining room carpet being so wet.  I think I can smell it now.  Like I said, though....we were luckier than some.

My workout yesterday involved getting my kitchen back to working order and going back and forth to the garbage can throwing away old towels and sheets I had used trying  to absorb water.  I needed to get rid of some of that clutter anyway, lol.  While removing wet stuff from under the sink, I found several items that had been pushed to the back that I didn't remember was there and I had rebought.   It's gonna take days for that space to dry out.  Good thing I wasn't expecting company anytime soon anyway.  You know that old saying, "for every negative, there is a positive and for every positive, there is a negative".

Today's workout will be the same as yesterday's cause I'm taking my time.

Stay safe everybody.  Ohh.... @Laura14, I bet you would come over and help, lol.  Thank you!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie And I would bring my own bucket too.  Glad to hear you are getting it back in order.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone!

@Mmsfoxxie I'm sorry about your floors and carpet.....what a mess!

Went on a different part of the trail again with Steve.  It was so steep....like Mt Kilimanjaro steep.  Steve wanted to keep going up and up.  I said forget it ...not fun especially when I want to run and not hike....maybe another day.  Next time I'm up there, I'll take a pic!

We ran 4.71mi/1:05min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G