Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!   Brava to those doing yoga--I REALLY miss that class a lot.

Just finished LaBlast and am a sweaty mess.  I have a conference call at 1, so I need to cool down and get some lunch.

Had my jive lesson last night--I felt a lot more confident and looked a lot better.  Unfortunately, I woke up feeling kind of crappy.  And my nose is running.  I'm not coughing or having trouble breathing though. I hope it's just allergies, but I'm going to start zycam just in case.

I think I told you guys that I had to start wearing my thumb stabilizer again.  I have a bone spur at the base of my thumb and I think I aggravated it by reading so much because I hold my book in that hand. I had a splint at work, but of course, that is where it is and I have not been there since March 16, so I had to buy a new one.  It is actually fairly comfortable, but annoying because I have to take it off every time I wash my hands.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon!  A quick check in before I get back to work.  Did 1 hour of Groove Dancing - which is actually 2 sessions - today.  Have to modify some but glad all her routines are different.  Just glad no one sees me cuz my arms are waving all about.  LOL  Don't look near as coordinated as the people on the DVD but that ok, gets my heart rate up and sweatin'!

Nice coolish overcast day here - its one of those sun isn't out but its really bright out kind of days.  Feels good.  Expecting rain on Sunday and Monday.

@DrKelli glad you had a good night with your dancing.  I sometimes get carpal tunnel in my wrist and have to wear a brace so know how irritating it is to have to take it off all the time.

Gotta run - hope everyone is doing ok today.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, today was rainy, gloomy, and chilly.   I did over an hour of YogaBurn, and I was pooped, literally shuffling from one exercise to the next, and mumbling to myself..I was toasted.   Did a trail walk in the afternoon in between the rain.

@DrKelli  hope you feel better, is your pollen count high?   Hope your thumb feels better.  I have a bone spur I think on my foot that is hurting when I do yoga.  Always something.

@JudyL  dancing is fun, and like you said nobody sees you in your living room.  Movement is all good.   

Made sloppy joes tonight, it's been a while since I made those and this dreary cold day it was just right.

Waving to all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Yea it's Friday!  Even though I work from home, I'm still happy when its Friday.  Its a beautiful day by the Bay - cool, sunny but will warm up into the high 60's later, which to me is perfect.

This morning I did Greet The Day yoga with Adriene and then a 15 minute Pilates ab workout.  The woman that does Dance Groove also has a yoga and pilates DVD set and I purchased those too.  So this morning I tried the ab Pilates workout as an add on to the yoga workout.  It was good.  Also pushed myself a bit with the yoga to do more.  Know I will be feeling my sore muscles today!  LOL

Hope everyone has a good morning!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!  Today I took a day off from YogaBurn but walked about 4 miles.  Have over 11,000 steps today.   It wasn't bad when I walked this morning but then got cloudy and cold and now we have a wind chill of 37, so not cool, and only 40's tomorrow and Sunday.   But I'd rather have that than 80 too.   I don't like being hot.

Yes YogaBurn is hard, I saw some mentioning that.  It's challenging for sure but when you know your limits and you know you CAN do it, maybe not like the one leading it but you do the best you can if you want to see those changes you must do it.   

We're putting fish on the grill tonight.   The social distancing continues for us and the mask wearing.   Seems the new normal for a while but I will do it.

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Well, my  lablast workout didn't happen.  Apparently they had an internet outage, so we only got 15 minutes of class.  However, in an hour, I have a session with my trainer.  I need to get the dogs walked before the afternoon thunderstorms.

I do have LaBlast in studio tomorrow, so that will be fun.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday everyone!

No run today as I was waiting to go with Steve, then he didn't want to go.  I decided to go to the store instead.  I was able to find Dawn antibacterial dish soap.....score!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I am so off my game.  Company leaves tomorrow but I did manage to do morning yoga fresh today.  Thumbs up on that one.  

This has been a really nice visit with some real evening together time without much time for exercise so I won't complain.  I will be back at it in full force starting Sunday.

Have a great weekend all.  😄

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

Steve and I did a different part of the trail this am.  We wanted to go right, but didn't see a right, so went left.... Boy the inclines were intense....like I could barely get up them intense.  We got to the top and could see the ocean which was cool, but we had no idea how far we'd gone without fumbling with my phone.  Going down the trail wasn't bad as it was a calmer slope and some of it pavement.

Needless to say I think we'll find the other way next time.  My foot is killing me, so I don't invision doing this part of the trail for awhile even though it was different.  Steve thought it was fun....I'm seriously too old for steep hills!

4.07mi/52ish min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, this morning I did 45 minutes Of YogaBurn flow, she moves fast!   Then did one of the lockdowns, and walked for 50 minutes.   It wasn't to bad this morning but now it's cold, feels like lower 40's.

Grilled steak for dinner and made steak burritos, which were fabulous!

@MickD   how do your knees take those steep inclines and going down hills bothers my knees.   My left foot is funky, which is why I wear a lighter shoe doing yoga, my left big toe hurts to bend them so planks and anything where you are bending the toes which is almost everything, hurts.   

Tomorrow is supposed to be chilly rain, but Nascar is starting so we have 1 sport to watch.

@Laura14 I am glad you had a good visit too!

@DrKelli  Maybe one day you will do DWTS!   You are learning all the moves!

Not much else here, just going to watch some TV.

Be safe everyone!