Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  I didn't do any actual working out this weekend, but I got rid of 6 bags of shoes and 5 bags of clothes.  My driveway had quite a pile this morning for pickup by the VVA.  I held back the 3 boxes of books because it was raining and I didn't want them to get wet, so i scheduled another pickup for next week.

I have my dentist appointment today--just the regular cleaning and check up.

Saturday, I went to lunch with my little neighbor kids for my birthday (59 and I'm having a McDonald's birthday).  They were so sweet.  They made me cards and they gave me some gifts and I got a big hug from the little boy. Unfortunately, the food was awful and cold and I will never go back.  I'm tired of the poor quality of food and the surly attitude of the workers (not all of them--and believe me, I have a high tolerance for fast food workers because I did that one summer after I graduated.  People are horrible)

Kevin did well with his two shots.  The vet backed off on the dose a bit and it made a lot of difference.  He was still agitated but did not seem in as much pain.  I made sure he ate dinner before he went, but he was eating and drinking normally.  So now we wait and go back in 30 days for a heartworm test and hopefully it comes back negative.

I had my hair cut on Saturday --about 2 inches or more off the length because it was getting so thin from the alopecia.  I had purchased the clip in extensions from HSN, which I had my stylist show me how to use.  It matched my hair perfectly (although they were too long because I had my hair cut), so at least I have that option.  I'm cautiously optimistic that I feel some peach fuzz on the nape of my neck.  I got back on June 26th for another check.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday, I am thankful this morning after I saw all the storms across the country last night, we had lots of rain again and it's cold out but we have homes!

I did Pilates reformer today, rebounding and a video, I am alternating TG and reformer and I'm just so tight everywhere, I am hoping it helps.

DrKelli, what a fun BD at Micky D's with the kidos.  Glad Kevin is doing better, now pray it continues, and also your hair extensions work for you.  My DIL said thunderstorms this morning.

Not much else going on here, have a great rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  Not much to report here.  Had a nice weekend.  Worked out Saturday and Sunday but took yesterday off.  Didn't work out this morning but may when I get home from my dentist appt later today.

Scary weather out there - please everyone stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  I thought the rain had moved out, but I see there are plenty of juicy clouds right now.  I was hoping it would start to dry out.  We're supposed to be in the upper 50s today!  And it's almost June!!!!

My dentist appointment went well yesterday, no cavities and the hygienist didn't have to scrape very much.  I used to use the Crest Sensi Strips which really helped with the cleaning process, that's how sensitive my teeth are.  They quit making them so this trip, I used orajel and it worked almost as well.

I have been super lazy with workouts.  I didn't go yesterday because of the weather so I have to be sure to go today and tomorrow.  Today is yoga and I am looking forward to it.

I wish some of our regulars would check in and let us know they are doing okay!

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  No rain for us today.  YEA!!

I did a 45 minute TurboJam workout this morning.  That is one tough - at least for me - workout.  She keeps you moving through the whole thing!  I was sweatin'!  Did have to take breaks but still did ok.

I also did ok at the dentist yesterday.  I have dental visit anxiety big time.  Have had it since I was a child so yesterday was no exception.  The hygenist was very good and would let me take breaks to take some deep breaths.  Everything ended being fine and I'll go back in 4 months.  Seems to be easiest on me if I go in every 4 months cuz then they don't have as much work to do.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, it's sunny today, and my scheduled rest day.  Got groceries and monkey'd around here and outside.  Got my bike down and aired that up.  

I am terrible with the hygentist and dentist, major anxiety, almost cry, I'm not kidding either.  I haven't gone now in 2 years, well we have no dental insurance, none, nada......and after hubby's open heart we had huge bills, even with insurance, so I use a Sonicare toothbrush but I know that is not enough.  

@DrKelli  so the Oragel helps, do you just rub it on your gums before you go in for your cleaning?   I bet I'm worse than you, I can't even call for the appt, that's how afraid I am.

@JudyL I remember TJ, that is a good workout!  A sweaty one!  I saw all the storms last night, it's crazy out there!

I made a pasta salad and we are grilling chicken for dinner.

Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Molly and I did a trail run.....I needed an excuse to piddle out and voila - dump truck and back hoe toward the end of my route.....and Molly did not like.  2.22mi/29min.

@bopper @JudyL fear of dentists is real.  A friend of mine had such anxiety......it took her 5 years to go in.  I also do a cleaning every 4 months.  I can get through anything as I had an orthodontist who was a butcher.  One time he got my bottom lip stuck in the horizontal wire and cinched it tight.......tears I tell yuz!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

No--I rub it all over my teeth.  It does numb everything, but that wears off pretty quickly. I used the orajel maximum.  I take good care of my teeth, but I have sensitive spots that when the hygienist touches it with the metal tools about puts me through the roof.  The Oral B electric is great, but you need to floss too.  I've been using the Listerine stain remover rinse and the hygienist told me I didn't even have stains this time, so it must work.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I so understand your anxiety.  Luckily, I love my dentist so know when I get there that they will be understanding about it.  I get a talking to because I don't floss as much as they would like me to but I do use a WaterPik - I call it a power wash for the teeth.  Think its starting to help.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, it's sunny and windy, cooler though.

Fire danger risk is high today because of the windy

Thanks Judy and DrKelli, Judy did you get the WaterPik on Amazon?  I thought about that, and I am a good flosser.  

Today I will do some TG and Pilates, always walk someplace too, but I was just out and it felt really cold, the wind isn't helping though from the North!

I started the June thread as it's almost here ( hard to believe) and I didn't want to forget.

Have a great day!