Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Saturday, not a bad day at all.  It was 80!  Can you believe it!  I pulled out my rebounder to the deck and bounced for 30 minutes and did 40 minutes on TG.   

The wind switched so the AC kicked in ( the natural AC) it's in the 60's now!   I think I"ll be changing into long pants, the wind is cold.  Oh well I got outside quite a bit today .

Judy getting in something is better than nothing at all.

Mick D nice the trail is getting cleaned, so wet here it's hard for me to even use the trail.

We have no plans this weekend, quiet at home, and I'm fine with it.

Have a great day!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Its a beautiful, sunny, perfect temperature day here by the Bay.

Been a tough week because I've had 2 friends lose their mother and 1 lose her husband.  So much sadness in one week is tough.  Feeling it today.

This morning I made myself work out - did 40 minutes of PiYo.  Hadn't done much PiYo this week and I think the break actually helped.  I could actually do more of it this morning than I have been able to do.

Ran some errands and am now home.  Will have to go to the grocery store later or maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow morning.  Have done some retail therapy this week and now the orders are starting to come in.  Hope everything fits!  LOL

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everybody.  I’m late getting on here today.  

I see that one of the posters lost her husband this morning (Retired Legal Secretary).  I don’t think that I’ve ever posted to her but I feel so bad just the same.

Not in a chatty mood after reading her post so I’ll just say that I did my Zumba class this morning and left it at that.  It was kind of humid in the room which makes me tired so I decided not to do any walking..

Well...have a great rest of the weekend and a safe Memorial Day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Foxxie, I, too, feel sad about Retired Legal Secretary's loss. I have not posted with her either, but I followed her posts about her husband's illness. So sudden.  

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  and @nomless  I also saw Retired Legal Secretary's post.  Even tho I have never posted to her before, I decided to post my sympathies anyway.  Maybe it was because of all the loss this week, I don't know, but I felt so sad for her.

@nomless hope you are feeling better.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @JudyL . I'm trying.

American Ninja Warrior special is on TV tonight. Can't wait.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, it's on the cooler side today and after yesterday it feels good, I can't adjust my body temp from what we have had to 80!

I took today as a rest day, but have been washing bedding, cleaned linen closet etc.  

I don't know who that poster is, in our group?  I feel bad if I missed something?

Nomless thanks for the reminder about ANW, I forgot all about it, I love that show also.

Very sorry about the losses this week, that's a tough one to swollow!  I understand how it can take the wind out of yoru sail.  

Went to the campground to visit my son, DIL, and grandkids, and my youngest who is 3 runs up to me and opens her arms and says "Grandma", well my heart melted!  Nothing better than that!!!

Not much more here today, can't believe it's this late in the day already! 

Blessings and prayers to those who are in need!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Been a busy day of grocery shopping, laundry, housework but I did manage to get in a 40 minute TurboJam workout in.  Now watching a movie on TCM - "Sabrina" an relaxing.  Cool, cloudy, windy here today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Respected Contributor

Happy Memorial Day everyone, lets all remember those who have lost their lives in order to give life ot us!  

This morning I tired an entirely new workout, called the Murph workout, it's in honor of the Navy Seal who lost his life and all the Crossfit boxes do this workout every Memorial Day.  I of course modified and used my TG, and treadmill and Rebounder but I tried my heart was in it and I did my best, I felt I pushed myself, I even ran a mile on the treadmill, not fast but better than nothing.  And I"m not without aches and pains too just like ya'all are but I still do my best.

Hoping you all have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  

Boy what an afternoon/evening my area had yesterday!  Tornadoes all around me, a couple dropped down within a couple of miles toppling trees and tearing up roofs.  The canopy of a Citgo gas station detached from the force of the wind damages cars sitting there for protection or to get gas.  Luckily, no one was hurt.  More to come tonight with possibility of more flooding.  Ugh!

I had a good workout yesterday at my fitness center despite the humidity in the room but I only did my Senior Cardio and not my Strength & Motion class.  Besides, my regular instructor was off for the holiday or vacation.  That’s the one problem at my fitness center...when it’s extremely humid, the air conditioning doesn’t help much.

The rains aren’t supposed to start until afternoon so I’m going to do my regular workout at my fitness center this morning....Body & Sculpt and then Flexibility.  Maybe Zumba if the humidity doesn’t get to me.  I already sweat a lot, I don’t need that humidity. 

I hope all of you had a quieter Memorial Day than I did but I know this bad weather is all over the place.  Never in my almost 72 years do I remember such intense weather so often.  And we have two trees that I’m fearful of in my back yard.  There was a huge one in front of our house that was struck by lightening twice before we had to cut it down at a cost of $1000.  Another smaller one, same thing....lightening struck it but near the base of the trunk.  I forget what that one cost but the stump is there.  Oh, wait.....two other small trees were dying that had to be removed the first year we were married, almost 13 years ago.  My husband loved the trees surrounding this house which is why he chose it.  Wasn’t a good idea.  I won’t even go into the critters that love to visit us, hang out in the trees and cost damage.

I hope everyone has a safe day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)