Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning!  Hope everyone is doing well.  After lots of rain and wind last night - felt more like January than mid-May! - we woke to somewhat sunny skies and a break in the weather.

Did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone this morning.  My left knee seems to be acting up a bit so modified some of it but did well and now on to the rest of my day.

Take care all!

Respected Contributor

Hey and Happy Friday Eve!!!    This morning was dark and dreay and raining and now it is 60 and sunny, I"ll take it as this weekend is another story.

I did 30 on the reformer, 30 on the TG, and 30 rebounding, 20 minute dog walk after lunch, I think I've done enough for today.  

Made some soup also and have another new recipe I am trying for dinner with sweet potatoes. I am trying to like sweet potatoes.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and keep moving!

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning, all.  Boy did I get the weather wrong yesterday.  Temperature wise, it was gorgeous but by noon-ish, the heavens opened up with barrels of ☔️ rain.  Today is supposed to be more of the same except 20 degrees cooler.

Another workout at home today since I have a sporadic schedule again today.  I’m getting ready for our road trip and trying to think of odds and ends things...deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrush.

Ladies, enjoy your day.  I probably won’t post again until I get back which will be Wednesday.  Well, Thursday for posting, maybe.  I have prescription motion sickness patches but I’m taking my Dramamine with me just in case.  Each patch works for three days.  Take care.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all,

I was traveling for a couple days for work and I am worn out.  I do have a workout scheduled today, but I have to tell you--I'm getting fairly bored with my routine.  I need to do something different this summer or I will quit going to the gym.  I'm so disappointed they eliminated any kind of dance fitness--that used to break up my week quite a bit, but now it's kind of the same thing day after day.

Our weather is supposed to be okay today, but we're supposed to have a rainy weekend. Boo.

I'll have to glance through the thread to catch up!  Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday Ya'all!   This morning is really cold here, it's sunny but really a wind chill in mid May of 34~   It's windy out, and frankly to walk have to wear winter coat, gloves and hat...Then Saturday and Sunday 2 inches of rain....Seriously, well I suppose it could be snow!!

I did old school floor work today, I forgot how challenging that can be, 5# ankle weights above the knees, ( it's easier on your knees to wear them that way) then did rebounding for 30 minutes, and stretched it all out on my reformer.   

Going to dinner tonight for my sisters BD, then really have nothing planned the entire weekend.  

@Mmsfoxxie enjoy your trip, I undertand the trying to remember stuff, I get very frazzled, I am not a good traveler I own it!   I would rather be home, my son said the same thing to me a couple of days ago, we are home bodies.   We'll miss your posts but I'm sure you'll have lots to tell us when you return.

@JudyL  seems the rains are upon many of us!   When is Spring coming anyways, we were must talking about April and May being cold, and before we blink it will be the 4th of July and then Fall.....  Goodness!

@MickD How's the running doing and running partner?  Hope all is well.

@DrKelli Are you done traveling for a little while for work?  Hope your day goes well for you!

@nomless hope you get a couple walks in today, is it a library day?   I'd like to get my bike down but dang it's so cold and it's windy....  Enjoy the day, and keep pushing forward!

Shower time, later kidos!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  No workout for me this morning.  Just didn't feel like it.  Will do one tomorrow and that will give me 4 days this week which is good for me.

Safe travels @Mmsfoxxie let us know when you're home.  Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Glad you are home safe and sound @DrKelli bet your fur babies were glad to see you.  I so understand getting tired of the same workout routine.  When I do exercise regularly, I have to do a few different things or I get really bored.

We are having a break in the rain today but it starts again tomorrow.  I'm kind of looking forward to having a reason to stay inside and get comfy, maybe watch some tv, start a new book, and just relax.  Will fit in a workout on Saturday tho.

@MickD   Hope you are able to get a run in with your 4-legged running partner.

@nomless keep up the good work.  You are doing great!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

I wasn't feel in it this a.m. either!  I had vitamin gut......but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so Molly and I hit the trail.

We did 2.53mi/34min.  I was doggin it at the end.....walking and jogging.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi, friends. Experiencing a setback this week and have not been able to do my walking. Will take a couple of weeks off work and work with docs to get to where I was. Frustrating.

I wish you all a happy Sunday.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, well we're building an Arc now  Hahah,,,seriously still raining and still cold...However that being said we do not get tornados like some of ya'all have in your areas.  I saw some bad ones on TV, so prayers to all those experiencing that weather.

I rebounded for 30  minutes and then vacuumed the basement and changed around my machines a little, always trying to make it more accomodating for me but with not a large area to work with it's hard.  Hubby is at the Y.   Good thing he is alway cold and sits here with a blanket on and I have the heat off, I"m hot or comfortable in a sweatshirt.  He said " what will I do when you have the AC and fans on?"   I said, " yeah where will you live"?   LOL

Watching baseball now, having some yogurt, Logan hardly will go potty for me because he hates getting wet, so he's laying down but I know he should go out.

Nomless I'm so sorry you are having a little setback, the dr. has to figure out why and fix this once and for all!   So happy you are posting again, I look forward to them!!

Foxxie have a wonderful trip, be safe and tell us all about your adventure.

Mick sorry about the vitamin belly, I don't know when i'll get on my trail it's a lake!

Judy sometimes those kind of days are comfy!   

DrKelli, your weather changes fast too, hopefully no tornados there!

Take care everyone, stay safe!

Honored Contributor

Checking in late on Sunday night.  Didn't work out on Saturday but did this morning.  Did some PiYo upper body work.  Had a busy weekend of errands and housework.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.

@nomless hope the doctors can figure out why you had the setback.  Let us know how you're doing.

Rained off and on here all weekend.  So tired of all the rain - ya'll may need to remind me of that later in the summer!  LOL

Take care!