Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

@nomless Excellent progress....keep it goin!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hey, everybody.  Rainy night and a rainy day expected.  This might be an at home exercise day.

You only did 100 squats, @bopper?  Is that all, 😂.  Even in my younger days have I ever done 💯 squats.  Bet your quads and knees are great.

I’m using #4 size font as always but it seems way smaller right now.  Home it’s readable.

Well......not much to say that wouldn’t bore you so....have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Its a cloudy cool day by the Bay.  Which is fine by me - do not like the heat.  Anyway, today is a rest day for me.  

Saw that Denver was having snow today!  Yikes!  In May!  Hope @DrKelli  is doing ok.  Denver has not had a good week. 

Not much news here so hoping everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hi all!

@JudyL  yep, it's snowing this morning, but it is spring snow and we're not really expecting much (different story up in the mountains).  It's super wet and I'm super sick of it.

Well, only 20 shots in the head still hurts.  Especially the spot that started bleeding.  I didn't wash my hair today so I don't really know just HOW tender my head is.

Well, this is something.  You all have heard me complain about students not completing assignments or not showing up for their team assignments, or showing up last minute?  I'm currently taking a class on the new classroom format Phoenix is switching to. It is a required class and there is a team assignment that ONE document had to be submitted.  It just needed to be a document, there were no requirements for what it was supposed to be--it was just for practice.  It was supposed to be submitted last night.  So yesterday morning, I did everything the instructions told us to--post in the team forum and post a document (the reasoning would be that the team leader would use those documents, format it into one document and submit for the team).  I made it clear that I would not be online after 7 pm and that someone else would have to submit for the team.  Literally, they could submit their own document for the team assignment.  

No one showed up until late yesterday and then he didn't bother to read what I had already posted, neither did the next person, who also posted "i'll try to figure out what to do"  even though I HAD ALREADY TOLD THEM WHAT THE DIRECTIONS SAID.  So this morning, I double check to make sure someone had actually followed through.  BIG FAT NOPE.  So I lost points because it was a late submission.  I was so ticked off.  I sent the instructor an email about it.

No workout for me today because we are having a group lunch.  Deep dish pizza.  I'll need to work out for the next 3 days to make up for it.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!  It's Friday Eve!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No run for me today as I have a stomach bug.  I did run half a block to my son's truck as it stalled.  Thank goodness it was only in the crosswalk and not in the intersection.

I told him not to take the truck out today as I had a feeling it was gonna poop out on him.  He's had it about a week, and already blew a tire.  It's an 86 toyota with 110k miles.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DrKelli, so sorry for the hair loss you are experiencing. 

Feel better, Mick.

I did 40 minutes of walking today in 3 intervals throughout the day. Also walked from parking lot to hospital imaging center for a test and went to the grocery.  Pretty good day.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  

@MickD , when do kids listen to parents, lol.  

@DrKelli, all I can say is “Ouch!”  Sounds worse than injections in my knees.  I hope all goes well.  

Glad you’re making progress, @nomless .  Slow and steady will win your way back to good health.

I have a Senior Cardio class to do this morning and a birthday party this evening.  I almost turned down the invitation because I have been doing so well with my eating.  (Also, she didn’t invite me til this past Monday). When you go to a restaurant, it’s hard to know what’s in food....even vegetables.  But it’s this person’s 65th birthday and she’s paying for a roaring twenties theme dinner party.  (I’m dressing normally).  Some people still have money, I guess.

Happy Friday!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!  Yea!!  A quick check-in this morning as am already busy at work.  I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone this morning.  So that I don't do the same 2-mile workout each time I switch up and sometimes do different miles from the 4 and 5 mile walk.  Did that this moring and it does help.  Basically the moves are the same but its a different routine.  Just enough for me to feel like its different.

Hope everyone has a good day.  

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all It's Fri-Yay day!!    I did 40 minutes on TG, and then some rebounding on the reformer, heading out to walk Logan.  It's still cold here, the wind chill is in the 20's.  The rain

stopped and the sum came out but so cold.

@DrKelli  so sorry about your hair issues and the shots sound painful.  You have had some crazy weather too.

@nomless  you did great with your walks, keep pushing I'v so proud you have come this far.  It's your exercise background and great attitude that is helping you!   Love ya!!

@MickD  uggggggg  stomach bug, no thank you. I about die when I get it...Just terrible!  Feel better soon.  How are the dogs?

@JudyL we've had rain non stop for most of April and beginning of May!   Hopeflully now it's gone for a bit!

@Mmsfoxxie  My knees aren't great, I'm trying to build my glute strength so my back is healthier.   My Chiropractor once told me, now get this.....  " he said I have dead butt syndrome"  LOL...that cracked me up!  He said glute strentth is key to healthy backs.

Well I better get outside and walk this boy he is giving me the stink eye!

Respected Contributor

It's fun to read everyone's news. 

I walked 53 minutes today, 3 intervals of 15 min, 18 min, 20 min.  

Wishing everyone a fun weekend. Enjoy!