Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

Happy birthday, @bopper !  I hope you have a great day!

Well, last night's HOA meeting was a nightmare.  People are so rude--they yell at the board and tell us that we are ripping them off--we all live in the community and have to write the same check.  Plus--these people were told a year ago to get special assessment insurance which is $7/year!  I paid no out of pocket for the special assessment (for the deductible on our totaled out roofs from a hail storm last June). One of these days I'm going to lose it on these people and go off both barrels.

Today is small group, but I know one of us won't be there.  She has a brain tumor (benign) and is having surgery later this summer.  Today they are testing to see if her ocular nerve is affected.  I have to make an extra run to the audiologist. I got a call last night that my warranty was up in June and they want to send it in for servicing before that expires.  Plus I need to get a loaner because I think they have my hearing aid for a week and it's hard for me to function without it.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Last night my hair stylist was running very late - she did text me to let me know - then afterwards had to run to the store to pick up ice for the ice chest and something for dinner.  So got home late and Montague let me know he was not happy his dinner was late!  Gotta love our animals, they sure do know how to communicate without using a single word.  HAHAHA

This mornning I did 30 minutes of PiYo.  Yes, @Mmsfoxxie  PiYo is probably not good if you have knee issues.  I'm continuing to go slow and not push things or push them gently.  I know that my knee issues are due, for the most part, to lack of strength and muscle in my quads.  I'm already starting to feel a difference so know that as my legs get stronger, my knees won't bother me as much.  Happened last time I was exercising regularly.  Now to just keep at it......

Not much else to report.  Going to call the refrigerator people again today just to make sure I'm on their list for Saturday and they are "swinging" (thats what they call it) the doors.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, its sunny here, cool but sunny before 3-5 inches of snow comes Thursday, seriously can I now say I'm going over the deep edge!

@DrKelli thank you for the Birthday wishes...at least the sun made an appearance for it!  Your HOA meeting sounds like a nightmare!    Why is everything a battle hey?

@JudyL glad your knees are holding up and you are right if you strengthen the quads your knees won't take the brunt.  Keep going, and good luck with the ice chest, I bet you are counting down the days until the new frige comes!

I walked for 45 minutes this morning, just wanted to be outside, it was only 29!  I'm not doing much else today.  We're going to dinner tonight, nothing fancy but still nice.   I seem in a funk yesterday and today and not eve sure why.  Oh well this too shall pass.

Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

Happy 🍰 birthday, @bopper.  Hope you have a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @bopper !!!!!!!!  You're finally legal.....hahaha!

Sprinkling off and on this am, so ran on the treadmill

3.6mi/45min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone, and happy birthday to Bopper! Enjoy.

DrKelli, what a time you've had with the HOA.

Yesterday I went to a ball game, so did some walking there ... car to stadium seats and back.

Today I worked 2 hours, went to the grocery store, and walked 4 laps.I may do more laps later, but it's already been an ok day re: my activity. 

ETA: I did 4 more laps, so 31 minutes walking time today. Good job.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday Bopper!  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all--just a fly by as I was late getting into work because I had to go to the dermatologist for more shots in my head.  I hope this alopecia flare is over with soon.  I'm so sick of losing a handful of hair in the shower in the morning.

I am missing yoga today because I was late and tomorrow, we have a department lunch, so I won't get to work out then either.

Have a good day every one!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Dropping by real quick.  Did an upper body PiYo workout this morning.  

Gotta run!  Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone,  I over slept and forgot or almost forgot I had to let my friends dog out early as she was out of town, I made it there though on time.   Then ran to Walmart, and what a fiasco.   Remodeling and I couldn't find anything, and neither could the clerks and then outside of Walmart is road construction so the morning was a bit frazzling for me!  Not sure I will go to Walmart to shop until they get the store organized.

I haven't worked out either, did 100 squats but that's all.

Oh well, not too concerned about it.

Thank you all for the BD wishes it was a good day!  Had a lovely dinner last night and then came home and got in jammies.

We're exciting here!

Have a great rest of your day everyone!