Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

TGIF everyone!  Walked the dogs this am on the trail .88mi/23min.  My old dog Rex couldn't do anymore than that.  He saw a group of rabbits and chased them so fast.....it was fun to see him go!

@DrKelli  That ancestry stuff is so interesting......I've heard some good and bad stories and mix-ups from inaccurate results.

@Mmsfoxxie  you have twins!  Wow!  My mom didn't know she was having twins until the second one popped out!  She thought she was, but her doc didn't......the good old days before ultrasound!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD, how ironic.  It was the same with me!  I kiddingly told my doctor that I might be having twins and he laughed it off saying that since I was short (5ft) that explained why I was all stomach.  Ultrasound was around but he didn’t want to use it because it was new.  So I dismissed it from my mind.  My doctor was not available during my delivery but his associate says right away...”did doctor ......say you might have twins?”  He knew from examining me.  It sure explained the beating up my stomach got for months, 😆.  In the recovery room, I got no sleep cause I was in shock.

BTW, they were born on two different days.....one before midnight and the other was after midnight.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Your entire story is amazing!  Did it make the local paper??  So cool!

My mom's mother had identical twins in the 50's.  It was in the newspaper and they got a bunch free stuff, like formula and cloth diapers, etc for a year.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

Yea....my last easy pay has been met!  I haven’t ordered anything since Christmas.  I’m trying to stop altogether because I ended up keeping some things just because I didn’t want to go to the post office and pay the high return cost.

@MickD , no it didn’t make the papers.  It happens more than we think.  Now, I have seen in the news about last day of the year for one baby and the other baby birthing on January 1st......  That really looks strange but it happens.

It rained some last night but it seems over now....until Monday and Tuesday.

I had a good workout yesterday but I’m still getting used to this new guy.  He’s too serious....nice but does smile much.  Hardly any small talk when he walks in other than speaking.  He does what he came for, though.  Maybe he’s still warming up.

Zumba this morning and maybe a walk.  Enjoy your day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Yay, @Mmsfoxxie , that you're done with EZ pays. Like you, I rarely order now...only one thing this year, I think. No longer happy with quality, too much hassle to return.

Well, since I'm here, maybe I should fill you in on a bit of what's going on here. This is mostly for my friends, the long-term posters who knew me before and may wonder why I stopped posting after being a fixture here for years. Last August, I had surgery that was supposed to be simple but turned into anything but. I'm still working on recovery  and trying to deal with chronic severe pain. Remember when I used to do 45-90 minute workouts, strength and cardio? Well, now I walk short intervals. I can manage 10-15 minutes at a time usually, and I do that 3-4 times a day. Last November, I was able to walk only 5 minutes or so, so I have seen improvement, for which I am grateful. I don't know how far I can take my recovery, but I'm determined to be better than I am. Thank goodness I have a history of working out for many years and throughout have clung to Tony Horton's mantra "Just show up. Do your best and forget the rest."  The discipline I had before, treating workouts like a job that I had to do consistently, like it or not, is serving me well now. I keep at it as best I can.

So, friends, try not to take things for granted. Life can change in a nanosecond. I am so thankful for what I am able to do now, even though it's a far cry from where I was.  Even the little things count for a lot.

Oh, in January, I went back to work at the library, but on a reduced schedule. I was going to quit because the work is difficult for me now, but my boss wants me there, even if it's on a limited basis. So I'm working 2 2-hour shifts a week. It' s good activity for me, and I'm grateful that my boss and coworkers are so supportive. 

Honored Contributor

I’m on my way out but....oh, @nomless I’m so sorry for what you have been going through!  And here I’m been complaining about arthritis and other little stuff.  I’m glad that you’re recovering well and realize that you have to take it slow.  I hope you have someone that can give you support although it’s obvious that you are strong on your own.  I understand now why you weren’t saying much in your post....you didn’t want to say too much.  Thank God that you are ok now.  Keep strong and I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @Mmsfoxxie. Prayers are always welcome. Always.

Respected Contributor

Happy Derby Day!    This morning I used my new machine and worked out on it for 40 minutes and I had to catch my breath, lots of squatting, abs and arms, I used workouts from YouTube and just stacked them so it turned into a longer workout.  Then walked outside for 40 minutes.

Nomless I am so happy you posted, you have been carrying a heavy load, and you are spot on without the exercise background you have made for yourself this would have even been more difficult.   Baby steps back my friend, your determination alone is what will give you strength to move forward everyday!   Have missed you here so much, we go way back girlfriend and now I have you here once again.   Exercise accumulates so all those sessions you are doing everyday add up.   Keep staying focused and positive, you got this!!!

@Mmsfoxxie  EP to me is Evil Pay!   I don't order often anymore either, prices are outragious and shipping is a joke and then if you have to send something back because of inconsistent sizing it's a small fortune.   Amazon has been my go to now.

@MickD  love hearing about your babies on the trail with you, Logan chases everything, he's usually on a squirrel or chippie mission!

@DrKelli  I had a tornado warning for CO yesterday, isn't that weird.  I messaged my DIL and she said no it was 70 and sunny.  My phone showed a tornado....It freaked me out!

Lunch time and I'm starved.   I want to watch the Derby later today, so sad about the top horse having to drop out but I am so happy they knew it was the best decision for him, his health comes first!  

Honored Contributor

@nomless !  Nice to see you post!  I am glad to hear that you're on the mend and it sounds like you're taking things step by step and one day at a time!  Prayers and healing thoughts to you!

I don't take things for granted anymore after a few injuries. I also don't overdo it and thank gawd everyday....especially on days when I get done with a jog on the trail.....we're all just an injury/accident/illness waiting to happen.

Ran on the trail with Molly 2.47mi/30.40min.

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!

Took hubby and the dogs for a trail walk... 1.33mi/34min.  Old Rex chased after a couple of rabbits.  He's gonna be sleeping all afternoon.