Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey all, well today was a bust, snowing so hard, slippery roads.. I didn't go get groceries, only walked Logan on a very wet, snowy trail.  Just miserable, and still misty out.  Grass is full of snow.

I was taking an off day today also, but did get all m 10,000 steps so far today.  When is this weather going to turn around.  Even next Monday high of 40.   I'm about to go over the edge Hahha......

@Mmsfoxxie we have many neighbors with water in their basements too, the rivers are flooding streets.   Be careful if you go out!

Hubby just got home, didn't think he'd be here so early, need to get dinner and set the table.  

Enjoy the evening everyone.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@bopper  I wish I could give a big fat thumbs down to your weather!!  We are finally sunny again, but cool.  That's okay, I don't have to shovel it.

Yesterday was the best yoga class.  I just felt so good afterwards.  Today, I moved my personal training session from Friday to today because he will be out of town, so since they canceled dance, I slid him in that spot.  Besides--tomorrow I have to go to court for my HOA.  The people in my community are so stupid, they are always complaining that the HOA is trying to rip them off, but they don't seem to realize that we all live in the community and have to pay the same things as they do.  This stems from last summer's special assessment to get our roofs repaired after the hail storm.  It's a big long story, but the HOA kicked in $1000 per home owner so that the special assessment was about $3000 instead of $4000 per person.  There is insurance that you can get to cover that type of thing, but of course, people ignored that letter.  So because of the way the declarations are written, we had to have 51% approve, which they didn't, so then we can't get insurance on the community because of the known loss of the roofs.  When they got that letter, they really got upset.

So we (the HOA) are going to court for an emergency change of the declarations that allows the board to make that assessment.  I'm one of the board members, so I am a potential witness.

wheewww--I'm sure y'all didn't even want to know all that.

Have a great day and a great workout!

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, well I did get to the store this morning, still cold and dreary but the roads were melted.

Going for a walk shortly, and then some pilates.

@DrKelli thank you, I know you have had some up and down weather too according to my DIL.   It has to turn around at some point I should hope!  Good luck in court, I"d be the dumb leading the dumb  LOL

I got a new piece of equipment, put it together this morning, why is there always something that doesn't line up, you know the holes and you line them up and put the screws in, well you know it's a given 1 hole won't line up.  So then I about go "over the edge"  LOL..but I think I maneuvered it and got it.

It's called DP The Method for anyone wanting to google it and look it up.  Doesn't take up much room so can move it out of the way.  And there is way more to do on it that I originally thought.

Any hoo, thats about all I got.  Have a good day!  Tomorrow is Fri-yay!!!

Honored Contributor

Forgot to log my mileage....haha.......slowage for Tuesday.  I went sans Molly because the trail was wet.  Did 2.51mi/31min.

Did 2.66mi/34.17min with the furry monster today!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Congrats on the new grandbaby!  Prayers and healing thoughts to baby and mommy!

I was a twin and a preemie......born 2 months early and 6 weeks in neo.....miracle I survived as my twin didn't.  My poor parents!  I had a heart murmur.....gone now!  And bad eyes.....common......that's why I don't see the dang rattlesnakes until I'm on em!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Well yesterday, we had really hard rain agin but it finished by afternoon, thank God.  

@MickD, you were a twin? Oh, my.  I’m sorry for the loss of your twin.  I know you wonder quite often how that would have been.  My son who just had the baby I’ve referred to here is a twin and he and his brother are still very close today.  He had a heart murmur at birth that he grew out of as well.  He was a premmie but had low birth weight.

@DrKelli, I used to live in a condo so I know how contiguous that can get.  My friend always complained about how the board wasn’t handling the business well so she ran for a seat, got elected and bedlam really began.  She never agreed with anybody.

Senior Cardio this morning.  I think that my two day rest helped my feet a lot.  I hope everybody has a safe and happy day.  @bopper, when is your grand baby due?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I've got a short day since I have to be in court at 1:30.  No workout for me today, but I got a good one in yesterday.  It looks like I've lost 4 pounds since I made some adjustments to my diet (ie foods I am eating).  It's funny, I weighed myself at night and I was 162.9 (which is about 2 pounds down), in the morning, I was 160.4.

We're finally supposed to have some nice weather this weekend, so I'm gonna get in some deck time!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Honored Contributor

Young lady....never weigh at night!  It’s too upsetting, 😂.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Oh--I forgot about this--not really exercise related, but yesterday, I got an email from ancestry on the DNA forum and the man and I were 'probably' second cousins.  So first I had to figure out what a second cousin was (we have great grandparents in common) and he was very nice and said he was adopted in New Mexico in 1970 at birth and did I have any information how we might be related.

I sent him the list of great grandparents for both my maternal and paternal line, and he asked if any one was in New Mexico.  Oh yes, my great uncle lived in New Mexico for a long time.  I checked my DNA results and my paternal 1st cousin wasn't on the list of relatives in common, so I could narrow it down to maternal lineage.  It wasn't too hard to connect the dots after that.  I'm pretty sure my great uncle is his bio grandfather and that his oldest son (who would have been 18 at the time) was the bio dad.

In this day and age, there are no secrets.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning from the City by the Bay!  Beautiful day here.  Supposed to have a cool weekend with possible showers Sunday into Monday.

This morning I did a PiYo workout.   Still doing the very beginning one and even tho it isn't a real workout - more working on form and positions - I can still feel it in my legs, arms, and abs.

Looking forward to tomorrow when my new refrigerator arrives!  YEA!!  No more living out of an ice chest.

Better get going, have work to do.  Have a good day everyone!