Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning!

@Mmsfoxxie , I"m so sorry to see that you had a terrible reaction to the second shot.  I have friends that have reported the same thing.

@bopper , Boulder is where the University of Colorado is.  I spent 4 years there while going to school. It is your typical college town.  I'm so sad about the events from yesterday.  They are not releasing much information.  We do know what the police officer's name is.  He had 7 children.  They are not saying anything about the shooter or his motive.

I will get my trainer workout early this week.  I have a meeting on my regular day and then I had to reschedule from the reschedule.  I have 2 dance lessons tomorrow.  Hopefully we don't get much snow.  I'm sick of winter.  And yes, it's winter until May around here.

My neck is very sore and swollen from yesterday.  I had Kybella injections to get rid of my double chin.  I hate my double chin because  it looks like I have no neck.  The derm says I am an excellent candidate. Unfortunately, it takes a while to see results.  But at least it's not as painful as it was yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Strange that @bopper  hasnt been around.

I'm still recuperating from my vaccination.  I am dragging myself around the house.  Yesterday I turned in around 7:30 and probably dropped off around 9 pm.  

Hope everyone is ok.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - I'm here!  Today was a beautiful day by the Bay.  Supposed to get warmer as we head to the weekend.  Other than working, not much going on for me.  8 more days!  8 more days and the boot comes off!  I hope anyway.  She said at least 6 weeks so the 6 week mark will be at my next appt next week.  I'm hoping she'll be happy with the healing and say I can quit wearing it.

Have a good evening everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!

@JudyL, I can't imagine how glad you'll be to get that boot off.  And back to your normal routine without lugging that thing around, lol.

Went to bed early again and only woke up once, whereas, I normally wake up several times.

I'm gonna make more of an effort to keep hydrated today.....that Mike be why I still have slight nausea still.  Other than that and fatigue, I'm doing well.  No exercising this week.  Next week, I plan to eat better as well as workout so that I can begin to lose some pounds.  Monday, Monday, Monday.

Enjoy this day that the Lord has made, y'all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@Mmsfoxxie your last sentence reminds me of the story of the little girl that said "This is the day that the Lord has made. Y'alll get up in it!"

I think I forgot to check in yesterday--just one of those days.  I enjoyed my first dance lesson, but not so much the second one.  We finished choreographing our performance routine and I learned to do a 'death spin'.  I don't think that is the official name but, it's where it looks like you are playing ring around the rosy and all of a sudden the woman drops to the floor and spins.  It scares the ****** out of people when they see it and now that I kind of  understand how to do it, it really isn't as hard as it looks.

My second lesson was with one of the other pros and I asked him to teach me in a different way and he got all bent out of shape about it and went on and on about how he had taught ballroom for 10 years and he has a method and I stopped him and said "I'm twice your age, which means I've been learning a lot longer than you've been teaching and I'm not learning well from the way you teach."  So now, I just dread dancing with him because he's being a jerk about sticking to his method.  As someone who has been in safety training for 30 years--you have to adjust.  Everyone learns differently. I understand that everyone teaches differently, but what is important in this process?  The way you teach or the way I learn?  Which is going to show more progress?  That guy can stick to his method all he wants, but if I hate dancing with him (and I didn't when he first came to the studio), it's going to show.

I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow just because and going out for breakfast with my BFF.  Then I have a lesson tomorrow and our big performance is tomorrow night.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I missed 2 days checking in.    Life sometimes gets in the way!   We're all good here.   Just been busy with appointments and my dad.  He's fine though.  My husband had a lump behind his left ear and I made him go to his dr.  She said it's a swollen lymph gland and that if in 6 weeks its not gone he'd need an ultrasound.  Of course my mind goes to the dark place like Lymphoma... Please no negative comments I get to drawn in.

I did Treadmill, TG and Cellercise today and just came in from a dog walk.  I haven't missed a day of working out though and have had between 18,000 and 20,000 steps a day in.  

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm so sorry you had a reaction to the 2nd shot.  I hope your all better now.    Our state is in the Red zone once again.   Dang Spring Breakers!! And the other varient has been confirmed here too.     I wonder if I will ever be able to travel to see my grandsons again.  Even though I'm fully vacinated its a creepy feeling at least for me it is traveling.

@DrKelli  sorry you were dealing with a jerky guy at your dance class.   Kind of ruins it for you for sure.   Enjoy your day off and your lunch.  Good luck with your performance too!

It's only in the upper 20's today.  Cloudy and we've had rain.  A cold rain too.

I'll try to not miss a check in day!  I can't believe I did!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Haha I didn't forget today!   Today was a rest day.  But I did walk.  Errand day too.  We're cold, only in the 20's!! I was all bundled up walking!

It's still so odd we don't have snow now though.   Usually we are still buried up here!   I love it though!!   Not saying April couldn't bring a doozy!

Not much else here.   Pretty quiet!

Have a great Active Weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, now yesterday I am the only one who checked in.  

Today was Treadmill, TG and cellercising...

Cloudy here and in the 30's not much going on really.   

Have a great Saturday!

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies.  Its another warm beautiful day by the Bay.  Well, I think I twisted my ankle. Yep, the ankle of the broken foot.  Was outside walking in from the mailbox and didn't see a rock in the pathway and stepped on it with my boot.  Of course, my ankle twisted and I had to catch my balance.  Ugh.  It doesn't hurt bad but does bother me if I move my foot a certain way.  Which I can't really do when my foot is in the boot so guess thats a good thing.

Today I walked down to the end of the street and back.  Needed to get outside even for a few minutes.  Because I'm uneven with the height of the boot and the lift on my shoe doesn't make me quite even, if you know what I mean.  Anyway, if I walk to long or far, my hip starts to bother me so I don't go far.  But at least I get out for a bit.  Counting down the days to Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL, oh, my goodness!  I hope this doesn't delay your healing and removal of the boot.  So sorry to hear this, Judy!