Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

I have fantastic news--I have an appointment on Thursday to get my first Fauci Ouchie!!  I was so frustrated with the automated system for Walgreens and Krogers--I could get a first appointment, but the system wouldn't let you actually 'book' it because there were no second appointments available (because you are dealing with a computer not a person).  I ended up on 3 separate wait lists with other health care providers.  My BFF (since 7th grade) called me and said "Have you found an appointment?"  no  "I just called XX pharmacy and they have vaccines"  I called them as soon as I hung up and got an appointment on Thursday.  It's a bit of a drive, but I'm there.  And they will schedule my second appointment while I'm there.

Today is LaBlast.  I may not get to teach on Saturday--they are predicting 10 to 20 inches of snow over the weekend.  Most of it is supposed to be Saturday/Saturday night.  I'm also supposed to have my hair done, but I think I will probably have to reschedule if we are getting that much snow.  It's not like I have a lot of hair for her to deal with.

I also see the dermatologist tomorrow.  I think I'm done with my active flare.  I don't seem to be losing as much hair.  But then again, I don't have much to lose.

Have a good day everyone!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday, today was 40 minutes of Trophy Rebounding Aerobics and then TG with Cathe called Strong Core, Doggie walk and it's 49 degrees y'all!!! Woop whoop!!!  Vitamin D!!!!!  Bring it!!!

@DrKelli  finally you are getting your shot yee haw!!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear that!!

Super windy here today though but it's not a cold wind as it's coming out of the South!

I hope everyone is having a good day!!  Stay active and stay moving .  Motion is Lotion!

Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday, today was 20 minute jog on the rebounder with the I Jump Instead girls, 30 minutes on the TG mostly upper body with some obliques, Sun Salutations, and Triceps on the Pilates chair, mermaid and swan... Raining today so no walk outside and Logan doesn't like rain.

I am following myself here.  

Where is everyone remember when I said you don't have to post a workout but it would be nice to pop in and visit.   Come on now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everybody!  Extremely strong winds yesterday and then late last night, rain decided to join it.  I lay listening to it, wondering if the umbrella would remain intact in the patio table.  It did but the table and chairs weren't in the same spot.

After almost a year of calling for a tech visit, Comcast allowed techs to start home visits again...while they went up $30!  When the family room and kitchen were being repaired from the flood that we had, evidently, somebody unhooked everything but didn't wire stuff back correctly.  Hubby's big screen worked but the surround sound or something wasn't right.  He called Geek Squad but that tech said Comcast still needed to do their own equipment but he fixed the sound problem.   Comcast tech came today.  Now I can cook and watch/listen to the tv or put a video in that tv to do my Leslie Sansone cd.  Normalcy is coming back to my house.

Don't know what form of exercising I'll do today but I should do something.

Enjoy your day in good health.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Today's the day!  Fauci Ouchie at 3:45!  Unfortunately, I woke up with a horrible headache--probably because of the huge storm headed our way and you aren't supposed to take tylenol or advil before you get your vaccine, so I just have to suck it up.  I can't take my prednisone dose again until Sunday for the same reason.

Today is a trainer day, so I'll get my workout in about an hour.  Had a really good dance lesson last night, so got my cardio in!  I ordered a pair of flexibelle jeans in a 12 and they were too big!! So I've lost a size.

I agree with @bopper !  We need some more people posting!!  @Mmsfoxxie @JudyL @MickD  all check in--don't just lurk! We don't bite!!

Have a good day all--I need to make one more run to the store to pick up a refill and some breakfast meat.  I'm going to top off my gas tank and then I'll be ready for this stupid storm.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , sorry you have a headache already.  When you get there, make sure you tell them if you still have the headache, maybe you can reschedule.  I got the headache afterwards.  

It's not an ouchie.  You don't feel the needle at all.  I was surprised.....I expected a little pinch at least, lol.   That's cute, though, Fauchi Ouchie.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Checking in.  Saw the foot doctor today and she said break is healing nicely and she'll see me in 3 weeks.

Glad @DrKelli is getting her shot.  

Not much else to report.  Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Well yesterday was a not so great day!  Hubby woke up and told me he was terribly dizzy, like for 5 hours long during the night!  Nauseous and just terrible.  I took his BP and it was really high.    At 8 am we called his regular dr. and she squeezed him in for 10:30.  So I drove him there but they wouldn't let me in so it was 2 hours I had to sit in the car and of course it's cold and I didn't want the car running in the lot for 2 hours.   I realize they were squeezing him in though.  Well after seeing her she said she's very very sure he has Vertigo.   I know I have seem many posts about Vetigo but what scared me was his BP too.  So the remainder of the day he slept and I did like nothing.  Totally drained me and brought back memories of 3 years ago when he had the open heart.... You just go to a dark place.   I needed something for my anxiety but didn't take a Xanax.   I'm considering CBD...Does anyone take it?  Anyways that was yesterday.  Today he said he's much better but another concern is if that can come on during the night in bed should he be driving??  Dr. never said no driving...

Today I did 40 minutes of I jump instead trophy aerobics and a dog walk.  Sunny but cold and very very windy.   @Mmsfoxxie seems to be windy in a lot of places.

@DrKelli yup your going to get the big storm!   My son is happy to be in AZ...so glad you are getting the shot.  It sure is funny how some get sick afterwards and some don't.  Hubby, me and my dad and sisters never got sick from either shot and we all had different ones.

@JudyL great news on the foot!  Soon you will be back moving more again!  

@MickD  where ya at?

Glad it's the weekend here!!!  Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

So sorry about your husband @bopper. You've stepped into my world a little bit.  My husband gets it off and on and has fallen several times.  It makes you to lock them in the house.  I get nauseous sometimes and once was told I had vertigo which lasted about two weeks.  The medication made it gradually go away.  This was in the 1990s.  Now I just get motion sickness in cars, trains, etc.

I remember your husband's heart surgery and how scared you were.  Hope this goes away soon.  🙏🏽

Honored Contributor

@bopper remember my eye surgery almost 3 years ago where I had to lie flat for 9 days?  Well when I was finally able to sit up, I had the worst vertigo for a few weeks.  The first week was the worst and then it gradually got better.  Its very scary.  I'm sorry that you and your DH went through this.

I have tried CBD for my anxiety and my daughter uses it all the time for anxiety.  It does work.  There is a tea if you want to try that in the evenings.  Might help you sleep.