Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Hey everyone!

Did Pilates and the rebounder.  Not as sore in the legs chest or arms, but the abs.....they need some work!

Going out to dinner with my son.  We were supposed to go on Sunday, but my doofus husband fell off of a dirt bike.  He and my son went to the desert on Saturday and rented the bikes.  Anyway he has a fractured #7 rib.....still sore....and he's in a bad mood....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD, yeah, I'm sure hubby is making your life a little miserable, too, if he's in a bad mood.  Nothing worse than a sick husband.   Hope he mends well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday.  Today I did an hour of Trophy Body training with Youtube and I Jump Instead and then 30 minutes on the TG using the CycloTrainer and Ab crunch accessory and doggie walk.

@MickD  so very sorry to hear your hubby fell off the bike.  Broken ribs are painful.  Glad it wasn't worse though but I imagine he isn't in the best of moods....Ughhhh  Glad you got in your workouts though.

Today isn't as warm as yesterday and no water melting so it's quite icy out. 

Making stuff spinach chicken breasts for dinner....Yummy! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Well, wonders never cease....with the quickness of a text, my sister's girlfriend's relative got me a CONFIRMED appointment for this Friday.  It's sad that you have to know somebody to get vaccinated but, hey, I'm not turning it down....I meet the CDC guidelines. Hope this comes to fruition 🙏🏽

I wouldn't worry.  There's apparently a lot of line jumping.

I registered about 12:30 in the afternoon of 1/18 (the first day for 65+)   I got an invite to schedule an appointment the same day they announced they had finally gotten through evryone who registered on 1/18.

Please.  You mean almost noone registered after 12:30?  I doubt that sincerely.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Hey everyone!

Did Pilates and the rebounder.  Not as sore in the legs chest or arms, but the abs.....they need some work!

Going out to dinner with my son.  We were supposed to go on Sunday, but my doofus husband fell off of a dirt bike.  He and my son went to the desert on Saturday and rented the bikes.  Anyway he has a fractured #7 rib.....still sore....and he's in a bad mood....

@MickD wrote:

Hey everyone!

@MickD oh I feel for both you and your husband.  I"ve broken ribs in the past and it is not fun by any means. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mmsfoxxie, @JudyL, @bopper !  He went to get an xray on Sunday and the PA didn't see a fracture.  He insisted there must be something going on. So the PA sent the image to an orthopedist who found the fracture.

He's on vicadin and is feeling better.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@MickD ouch.  Sorry about your hubby.  But if you're going to play hard, you better be ready to get beat up  LOL!!

Well, I've been trying to get an appointment (in anticipation of my 'group' being eligible tomorrow.  But I can't get past the 'are you eligible' question.  So tomorrow morning, I will be on every website I can find to get an appointment.

I had my lesson yesterday and we started working on our next routine, plus reviewing the basics because my next competition is in June.  My partner told me "I can't wait to see the look on her face when you beat her" (meaning the woman we all refer to as one of the Mean Girls.  She's really rude and unfriendly)  Me either.

In an hour, I'll get my regular trainer workout.  I'm going to have him throw some back strengthening exercises in there because I need it for ballroom posture.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Happy Thursday!  Today was 30 minutes with Cathe on the lower body on the Total Gym, then 20 minutes rebounding, 10 of that was sit bouncing and 20 was ab bouncing engaging those lower abs.   Doggie walk in a bit here.   

I think soon more people will be getting their shots....

This week flew by, can't believe tomorrow is Friday already.

@DrKelli  you WILL beat the mean girl!!!!   Go girl!!

@JudyL  how is our foot doing?  Are you doing some chair exercise?

@MickD glad hubby is getting some relief from the meds.... Hopefully this will heal fast.

@Mmsfoxxie how are things going today?  Will the Red Hatters plan anything once ou are all vacinated?  I still think it will take a while for us all to feel comfortable.

Time for lunch!!   Stay safe and keep going!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!

@DrKelli I second what @bopper said - beat the mean girl!!

Did Pilates and the rebounder.....dang my abs!  Anyway, I am enjoying the different work out and may get on the trail....just too lazy!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  

@bopper, I just renewed my Red Hatter membership but I haven't interacted with them for over a year.  I'm hopeful that soon I can get back with them.  I see on FB that some chapters have had outings but judging from pictures, there's alway one or two in the pictures that have no mask on.  Not ready for that nonsense.

Well, I don't see a cancellation text so I guess it's a go for my Covid vaccination today!  Definitely going to check my phone before I leave the house since I've had two cancellations in the past.

Have a great day, ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)