Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Hi everyone!  I hope you all don't get cabin fever.....it's gonna be rough for those that are really social and/or work outside the home.

@bopper I'm glad your colonoscopy went well.  Not a good time to be a pin cushion though.....I would've jumped out to my skin!

My life won't really change that much during this time as i just grocery shop and run outside......occasional dinner out and appointments.  Will cancel my Friday chiro appt.

Steve, Molly and I rocked it on the pavement today (it poured last night and the trail is wet).  Steve said - I have never run this far!  We ran 4.22mi/43min.  Quite a few people and dogs out today too.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  I"ve been inside since I got back from the grocery store early Saturday morning.  This is day 2 of working from home.  So far so good.  Attys emailed me some things to do and all went well with working remotely.  It does get slow tho.  At lunch today, I went for a walk around my complex and that helped my mood considerably.  The sun was out and it was a nice cool day.  Yesterday it was raining so couldn't do that.  Going to make myself get out of the house each day during my lunch.

I let myself have a couple days of lazy mornings of sleeping in and starting work in my jammies but starting tomorrow will get back to my regular schedule and actually do some workouts.  We still have to remotely clock in at our regular start time, clock out & back in for lunch, and out at the end of the day.  I'm not complaining cuz I know some people can't work from home and won't get a paycheck.  Not at my employer tho, those that have a job at the Firm that doesn't allow them to work from home are still getting paid.  Was so glad to see that the Firm was doing that.

This is a difficult and scary time for everyone.  Take care and stay well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.

@JudyL, if it were warmer today, I think I'd do a walk outside, too.  Although, one of the reasons I stopped doing that is that people let their dog roam too freely for my taste.  I've always had a fear of dogs.  One time one ran me  down the street and I had to jump on the hood of a car, lol. You have people that walk their dogs without leashes.....the leash in their hands while the dog is yards away from that.  I know most have a bark worse than their bite but.....

Day three of my incarnation, lol.  I'm coping as is everybody else.  I just pray that enough people are taking this seriously now.  A lady in Chicago, a nurse, not far from me, died yesterday from the virus.  She had asthma, though.  As time goes on, I think we will all have stories to share.

Another workout video for me this morning....don't know which one.  Have a beautiful and safe day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all, 

Hope you are coping with this home incarceration.  Remember all those who are out of work right now and more importantly, the people on the front lines--our medical professionals and the people who keep your lights on (otherwise known as MY employees).

I did treadmill yesterday and dragged out my total gym--my back is sore today.  It was missing the quick pins which made putting the attachments on more trouble than it was worth.  I don't know why it came with "bolts" instead of the qp, but I ordered them from Amazon.  I think someone has a TG--is there a trick to putting it away?  The bench thing came off, but I finally got it folded up--it's too big to stay out.

Hopefully I have my dance lesson today.  I'm going to go nuts if I can't get out of this house once in awhile.  All my doctor's appointments got canceled, but it's probably a good thing because the weather is supposed to turn nasty tomorrow.  Maybe I'll try a trip to the store to get bread and soup tomorrow morning.

I spent most of the morning updating auto pay stuff with my new debit card.  What a pain. I also canceled my zumba instructor membership.  It was about $40/month, but I'm never subbing it any more and the Lablast instructor stuff is cheaper and I do sub that one once in awhile.

Things I have learned:

I am a horrible house cleaner.

My dogs are jerks.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's a crazy time.   i rode my stationary bike today and then did Yoga, and a trail walk which I just got home.   Very disturbing, I came across a bunch of fur, I mean lots and then followed a short distance more fur and blood in the snow and then there it was, a dead deer with the head missing.  Now I know owls eat heads off rabbits but that isn't true for deer.  And it wasn't a poacher because it was fresh.  Coyotes or wolf, so I got out of there as you never know if the pack is near by.  Good gried don't need more fear and anxiety.

My husbands business is very afraid it could go under.  So much stress and lots of conflicting information.  

Pray if you do for everyone, we need it now!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, I forgot you mentioned that until this morning when my Vegas daughter in law blurted to the world on FB that my son might not work past today.  I thought it was because of his absenteeism from taking the baby to the doctor so much.  Later she posted that the governor of Nevada had directed all businesses to shut down.  Later still, she posted that the company owner is saying he won't obey the order.  It's a roofing company.

Has your state done this?  Or is it business being down?  Actually, the reason is the same.....Coronavirus.  People aren't buying because they're not out, because they don't want to spend because they might not be working.  Don't want to catch the virus.  Have been ordered to stay home.  A vicious circle.  We can't get away from it.

I hope everything works out for you guys.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  This morning I got up at my normal time and did a Leslie Sanson workout then during my lunch hour, I took a walk around my complex just to get out of my house for a bit and get some fresh air.

All businesses are closed here except for essential services - gas stations, grocery stores, post office, etc.  Restaurants can do delivery and/or take-out only.  I've seen pictures from San Francisco of empty streets and the plaza that is near my work that is usually packed with people is empty.  It all looks like some weird sci-fi movie.

Hadn't said anything before now but I had a mammo on March 3 and they saw something they didn't like.  So was supposed to go back today, Wed., for another mammo and an ultrasound but it was cancelled yesterday until April 8.  I understand why they cancelled it as they are trying to keep traffic in and out of hospital down but now I have 3 weeks to sit and think about it.  Ugh.  Don't know how you did it @DrKelli   I just hope it isn't cancelled again in April because of the virus.

We'll get through this shelter in place and self-quarantine one day at a time!  Hang in there ladies.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL, let's hope that since they didn't consider it a priority to get you in, it was just a precautionary re-screening.  To verify that it's only dense tissue or something.  But years ago, I felt a lump and was on pins and needles waiting for my screening so I can imagine the anxiety you're going through.  Try to be calm.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I know that wait.  I agree they wouldn't push it if they really thought you were terribly concerning.  Doesn't help your nerves though.  Thinking of you.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@bopper I hope you and your husband come through okay.  I haven't even asked my BIL about his small business because I don't want to know.  He was struggling before all of this.  My employer just laid everyone off except for a skeleton crew.  It's horrible out there.