Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Hey hey, well today its pouring out, and sleeting.   It was expected though.  I cleaned for dad this morning and then took him to lunch so no workout today, and it's okay I needed a break.

I may have to take a FB break I can't stand all the drama and posts regarding "you know what".  Yes it's serious, Yes I am not down playing it, but I need uplifting things for a change.  

Friday already tomorrow, time goes fast.   

Not much else here today, have a good evening, stay safe!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  @bopper, yes, it's Friday already.  The older I get, the faster time seems to go.

Cardio workout this morning at my super clean, sparkling workout center.  I thought it was clean before but they have doubled up scrubbing the place.  I still use a wet wipe when I hold the banisters, though.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning because the big audit took a lot out of me.  My dance lesson was really good last night.  He made me do cha cha to warm up.  Guess what has 2 thumbs and doesn't know cha cha?  THIS GIRL.  But I didn't step on his feet so I did pretty well.

We got an email this morning that we can work from home until the end of April unless we have to come in the office for something.  We are moving into a temp space that is half the size of our current space, with the same amount of people. Bad for social distancing.  I got a text last night from my boss that if I felt unsafe, I was welcome to work from home.  My first reaction was what is going on that I don't know about.  I showed it to the HR manager this morning and she told me that there were discussions yesterday about this whole thing and that there were several of us that had somewhat compromised immune systems, including me, so that option was being given to us.  But then the official email came out, so I'm guessing most of us will work from home.  I think I need to come in just to get to the gym on a regular basis.

Tonight is my other dance lesson and then I will be in LaBlast tomorrow morning.  I asked the dance studio if they were canceling anything and they said no--but I noticed there were a bunch more hand sanitizers.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!

Rain today and for the next 7ish days, so ran on the treadmill   4.25mi/52min.

Our school district hasn't closed yet, but the store down the street ran out of tp.  My son cashier's there and people are going bananas.  They get shipments in everyday, but .....whatever.....mass pandemonium.

Planning on going to Fisherman's tomorrow......before we can't!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   Well today was a TRX workout about 40 minutes, and then grocery day and yes no TP, stores are nuts.  I am flabergasted at the pandomonium around.  i mean really!!  Not talking it lightly of course but get a grip and bond together and we will get through this. 

I have a colonoscopy on Monday morning, not nervous about it, just want it over with and nothing but clear liquids all day Sunday so no food until Monday around 1 pm.. Yikes, if I am missing a arm, you'll know why LOL

Wishing everyone the best and find something good in every day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.

Good luck with the colonoscopy, @bopper .  Mine is way past due.  Yikes.

I'm trying not to be into pandemonium mode, too, but it's hard not to.  At my health center, everybody is wiping and rewiping everything touched.  I've forgotten a couple of times about social distancing until I notice the other person politely backing up as we're talking.  Think I've got it in my head now.  Now I'm hearing on the news about sweat being a major transmitter.

I'm not in a wipe and rewipe mood today so I'm gonna (I hope) do a make shift workout at home for at least an hour.  I have some workout gloves around here someplace but can't find them.  Think I'll use plastic gloves while using weights at the center next week.

You can't dismiss overthinking this virus situation so I guess you can call e erybody paranoid.  My father's nursing home is not letting visitors in for the unforeseeable future and that's understandable.  He got into a panic yesterday because he couldn't call me; guess he felt abandoned.   His cell phone bill is due on the 13th of each month and I forgot to pay it....Metro didn't even give my brain one day to remember, lol.  So I got online and paid it and it came right on.  This got me to thinking.....do most of us really know what it's like to be totally isolated from family?  Especially if you think the people around you are trying hurt you (he has dementia).  There but for the grace of God, go I.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey ya all, I"m trying to keep an upbeat mood going, and yes its hard, I do not want to watch anymore news on this, it's upsetting and my anxiety could get bad, so far it's okay and I"m handling it.  But we don't even know when this will start winding down, and people hoarding TP and frozen foods, I don't know if any of you are doing that, but remember the ones who need things and now they are gone.  I think we can count on our neighbors too if we really needed something, I know everyone can count on me!  I worry about my dad, but am praying about this.  

@Mmsfoxxie  Our YMCA is still operating, my husband said everyone is wiping and double wiping.  Schools are closed until the 5th of April.   It does sound to me that the majority of people don't get real sick and recover rather quickly, that being said the ones with compromised immune systems, elderly, and terminal people need our help, keep as healthy as you can and help others if you can.    

Exercise helps our immune system too and I am trying to stay focused and do my normal routine.  Today I did Yoga with Adriene called Yoga for Fear, it was quite a nice flow and appropriate, I still struggle with the breath, and my mind does wonder and it really is supposed to stay tuned to the practice but I have a long ways to go before my mind will cooperate.

Thank you for the good wishes for my colonoscopy, I am way way over due, so I bit the bullet and go Monday.  My dr. physical is next month and I knew she would hound me there if I didn't get it done.   Good thought and prayers are welcome please.

Try and do something enjoyable today, we're dreary and quite depressing here so I m trying to stay positive and focus on something good. 

Best wishes to all!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, find the good in something today.  I know its scary times, God is where I am turning.

Only liquids today, ughhh and I am already starving!!   But I am strong and I will make it!   Like I don't have enough fat to live on LOL

Anyone who just wants to come here and visit please feel free, we need support and a place to talk.   

I know i do, and I need a place were we aren't talking avout the virus, there are enough of those areas to go, we need or "I" need a place of safety where I can still see the good, and the positive, and know that we will get though this!!

God Bless

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper I hope you survive today and tomorrow!  I am not watching the news.

My son and I went out to our fave Fisherman's yesterday. We got there at 3:30 and the place was packed, then it died down.  It rained for about 30 min, but we were able to sit outside and get some fresh air.  I got blottoed.......son drove.  I am glad we went out as I'm gonna hunker down.

Hubby is stressed and goes to the store every morning.  Friday nite the shelves were virtually empty, but Sat morning everything was stocked except milk and eggs.

Ran on the treadmill 4.25mi/50min......hangover gone....hahaha!

Have a wonderful stress-free Sunday everyone!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Good luck today @bopper.

Boo hoo, boo hoo!  Got an email last night saying my fitness center is closing for two weeks.  WW is closing for about two weeks, will be doing something new called virtual meetings.  Restaurants in Illinois are closing for two weeks except for drive thru and pickups.  My Red Hat Birthday luncheon (not my bd) will be handled today unless the location is changed to an Indiana restaurant.  But by the time the 26th comes, Indiana might have shut downs, too.  And on top of that, I'm seriously thinking about pausing my volunteering...I am a senior.  I'll make a decision about that this week.  There goes all of my socializing.

Where are my big girl panties?  Guess I'd better find them and practice good discipline with my eating and workout habits on my own.  Have a good day everyone.