Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

@DrKelli  - hope you had a fabulous time!  Looking forward to hearing all about it.

@bopper  and @Mmsfoxxie  after all that chat about not having bought anything from the Q in months, I bought something yesterday.  LOL 

Raining - again - here in the City by the Bay.  I must admit, I'm getting very tired of the rain.  Unless I'm home and don't have to go to work, then I don't care.

Respected Contributor

Happy First Day of Spring!   No workout today, babysitting my 3 year old granddaughter.  She keeps me moving though!!   We had to have another picnic on the living room floor and play camping. 

Judy what did you buy?   I'm trying to stay strong.   I want a new reformer so not going to nickle and dime myself which is easy to do.

Waving to everyone, not much time here!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  having a picnic on the living room floor and play camping with a 3 year old sounds like heaven to me.  Don't you just love their imagination and how it goes from one thing to another faster than lightening.  A friend of mine has a daughter and when the daughter was little I used to go over and play with her.  Sometimes she'd look at me and put up her index finger and say "WAIT! I have an idea!"  That cracked me up.  Trust me, everything had to stop and you had to listen as she explained her idea!  LOL

I ended up buying a Denim and Co polo shirt that had eyelet lace on the front of the shirt near the shoulders.  I live in polo shirts for work during the summer and I'm a sucker for lace and this top caught my eye.  I got it in a deep berry color, think that is how they explained it but I also loved the navy.  If I like it, then I may pick up the navy too.

Enjoy the time you have with your granddaughter!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  

Glad you made it back safely, @DrKelli.  Can’t wait to hear about your trip.

I always dread my Thursday morning Zumba class because it’s too darn early.  But I’m going to try and make it this morning because it’s a beautiful morning other than being early there’s no reason not to jump up and go.  (Oh, and the fact that I have to eat something before I go and I don’t like to eat before 7 am).  After Zumba, I hope to walk the track.

A big shout out to everybody that’s reading.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's quite dreary here, drizzling and fog but I guess that eventually brings Spring.

I'll be doing refomer and TG today, then babysitting again.

@JudyL  yes she is a dear little girl.  She will say "grandma I have a "lightbulb" idea  LOL...Her imagination is so funny, she's into now the Grinch is following us, so we hide under the blanket and then we peek out, she's just my uplifting moment of the day!

Welcome back Dr. Kelli, back to the grind right?

@Mmsfoxxie hope your class went okay for you.  I can't jump out of bed and do anything, I need my sitting and coffee time.  I am a breakfast eater and lately have been reading so much about this intermittent fasting stuff and that is helpful for you to lose weight if you don't eat anything until noon or later in the day.   I'm starving now!  

Not really much happening here, so will drink my coffee and get crackin!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone--yes, I'm back to the grind today, but still experiencing some balance issues, which I always do after a cruise.  You literally think the buildings are moving on you, like a ship.  Hopefully that goes away by the weekend.  I walked in my house at 7:15 last night after traveling since 7 am ET, so a 14 hour day.  I was exhausted.  But it was a great trip--I think this was my favorite cruise.  We got rained on 2 days--in Costa Rica and the last day at sea was pretty rough.

The flight to Florida was good--very smooth, got there with no delays. That's when the problems started.  We've taken a cab the last few years to the hotel because the shuttle takes forever, and there are so many people checking in at once, that it is easier for my mom to do it that way even though it costs more.  Basicallly, we were cabnapped. The driver had me put in the address in his phone and I double checked it. The hotel is less than 10 miles from the airport.  We had been in the cab a long time and his meter had gone out, which is when I started to get concerned.  Then I saw the signs for Miami--6 miles away.  I told the driver he was WAY too far south and the jerk came to a complete stop on the freeway and started blaming me!  We yelled at him to start driving and pull off at the next exit and he just kept going into MIami Beach. My mom was starting to get frightened and I started looking for a hotel with employees outside so that I could have witnesses to anything that might happen.  I finally spotted a Best Western and yelled at the driver to pull over and let us out.  He did and then he wanted paid--with no meter available to me.  I gave him 40 (which now I wish I didn't) and he started yelling at me that it wasn't enough.  I got back in his face and told him it was all he was getting because I now had to find a way back to Frt Lauderdal and our ACTUAL  hotel.  The fact that I had seen Madea's new movie the night before made me extra feisty.  I was all about causing the biggest scene a la Madea that I could.  And I did because he left.  

So we ended up taking a Lyft back to our actual hotel.

The next day, we got to the ship with no problems, had lunch, had a cocktail by the pool and got ready to go to the muster drill.  About 3 hours after lunch and drinks, I started to feel nauseous and when we were sitting in the muster drill, I told my mom that I thought I had food poisoning.  And sure enough, as soon as we got back to the room, I started throwing up and other stuff and continued to do so for about 5 more hours.  My mom had some kind of respiratory crud during the cruise.

We had the best cabin steward--she really took care of my mom while I would go out to breakfast or to the pool.  Our waiters were really great too.

We only did 2 excursions--the Emerald school and the Sloth Sanctuary.  These were the best excursions that I've ever been on.  At Emerald School, we made 4 pieces of jewelry with one of the students as our instructor.  We were in small groups and our instructor, Daniel, was really shy, but the other 2 people and I really had fun with him.  I said he was going to tell his fellow students that we were the WORST (because it took me a piece or two to get the hang of the tools) and he actually said of the group, we were the best.  I speak a little spanish and he had only been taking english lessons for 4 months and between the two of us and a rather rousing round of charades--we learned a lot about each other.  We then went to the Emerald Museum and saw how they were mined and saw the second biggest emerald ever found.  The most important thing I learned is that naturally mined emeralds are not flawless--they always have an inclusion, which is their fingerprint and if anyone tries to sell you a flawless emerald--it is fake.  We even got a certificate from the school that we had completed a jewelry making class.

When we got back to the port--they have a zoo type thing.  Please see picture for the best thing that happened in Cartegena.Baby Sloth 1.jpg

This is a 4 month old sloth.

In Costa Rica--it rained.  A lot.  But the sloth sanctuary was really interesting.  They care for injured sloths or sloths that cannot be released back to the wild.  You can't touch them because it makes their heart rate go dangerously high.  Had I known this before the baby--I probably wouldn't have insisted on holding it.  Then when we were done looking at all the sloths, we went on a canoe ride and actually saw a couple of wild sloths and a lot of howler monkeys.

The Panama Canal was kind of boring going into the locks, but coming out of the locks, we could see the locks up close.  There was a freighter next to us and their crew waved at me while we were going through.  It's pretty impressive.  I even gave the photographers (pictures to come when I get my act together) some pointers about how to wear a hard hat with a pony tail.  There's a trick.

The last day of the cruise, the sea was rough and I got kind of seasick.  Yesterday was such a long day--for my mom, even longer because she had to fly 2 more hours home.  And then the crowning glory--I had a jury duty notice waiting for me.  LOL!

Hope you are all well--I'll get back to working out tomorrow. I'm just too off balance today.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Great day yesterday......the weather was perfect for a March day.  Temps in low 40s.

(ETA, oops, I just remembered that it was pouring down rain when I left yesterday morning so the day didn’t start perfectly, lol).

@DrKelli , so glad you had an overall nice trip.  That cab driver could have been dangerous!  Bet he makes a lot of money driving people those extra miles to nowhere.  I can tell you are an animal lover, holding that sloth.  Me...no way, lol.  Nice picture, though.  And you don’t look like you need to lose any weight like you complained about.  You look smaller in the face than your avatar picture.

Senior Cardio this morning with one of my favorite instructors.  But this is her last day working there! 😒   She has to young boys, one of whom is autistic and she says gonna stay home.  But the drama is that she got written up for being late often (which she was) and she got angry and quit.  We always knew when she arrived in the building behold her autistic child was almost always causing drama, crying or screaming as she pulled him forward to the daycare center.  There but for the grace of God goes anybody.  Anyway, I hope we get a good replacement.

I’m gonna try walking today as well but it didn’t work out too well yesterday after my Zumba class.  My feet weren’t having it so after three laps, I gave up and came home.

Hope everyone has a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday ya'all, Its snowing and blowing and wind chill of 14...Need I say more?????

I'm heading downstairs to do PIlates, rebounding and strength.   Who is doing IF here?  Anyone?  Not sure I can do it.    No eating for like 17 hours, from the time you eat supper the night before until like lunch.  Coffee is allowed.  It says there is scientific evidence it helps lose weight, they prefer black coffee but I can't do that.  I have to have my cream.  

@DrKelli  welcome home, sounds overall like it was really nice other than mom had the crud.  Get your bearings now and you'll be back with the program soon.  

@Mmsfoxxie hope you enjoyed Senior Cardio, has this instructor been replaced?  I won't be walking today, too cold and icy.   I need new walking shoes again.  What kind do you wear?   I only replace mine once a year, I know you are supposed to do it every 6 months but I can't afford to do that.  

@JudyL hows the weather by the Bay?  Yesterday was so nice, and today well my lawn chair is full of snow.  Yes I dragged it out to sit on my deck yesterday in the sunshine.

@RubyNoel  how are you doing.   

@Valstybaby you okay?  

Better get crackin, enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Have missed you. Sometime I'll tell you a bit of what's been going on the past year.

I've read posts here intermittently. What caught my attention today was DrKelli's photo of the baby sloth. Such interesting creatures. I wondered how a baby sloth plays and found some vids of them learningvto climb. So cute. 

I noticed that Laura14 has not posted this month...hope things are ok in her life.

I hope you all are doing well, too. Lot of good wishes to all.

Respected Contributor

Morning, all!

@nomless , it's good to see you back!

The buildings are still moving on me (LOL--a cruise side effect), but i slept really good last night.  I think by Monday, I'll be caught up.

I dragged my suitcase upstairs last night--lord, was it heavy!--mainly because I needed to get the gifts for my little neighborhood kids out. I ran into them last night and they were going to be at Grandma's for awhile, so I wanted to make sure I gave them to them.  The little girls reallly liked theirs (a mermaid and a sea fairy), but the little boy was meh about his stuffed sloth.

I am going to the gym at lunch.  I absolutely need to do that.  This weekend is laundry and grocery shopping, equally as yucky. 

The weather is supposed to be rainy/snowy later today. I hope it holds off until I get home.

Hope you are all good today--and that our missing posters check in with us!   Have a good weekend!