Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning.  A few thunderstorms going on.  Woke me up.  I think it's about done, though.

@bopper, your words are directly to me.  "A quick workout is better than no workout".  So true.  It's 12:50 am.  I'm gonna try to go back to sleep.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

A quick March hello. I am headed to do my grandchild watching marathon today so won't be posting  for a few days.. 

Like @bopper  we are going to get a few bands of snow passing through  in the next few days.. not calling for much snow- hope they are right. Whatever happened to rain? I would take rain!! HA!

Headed to the rec center and hope to be organized  enough with packing to get in a walk too before I leave. 

@kate2357 - glad you can run again... you are on the mend.

Bye for now!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Woke up at 3:10 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  The first few weeks of retirement felt like being on vacation, now reality is setting in and I'm stressing about all sorts of things.  So tossed and turned until about 5:00 and then got up.  Hoping this is a normal part of the adjustment and will settle down soon. 

Have errands to run today since it's not raining, laundry to do, etc., so not sure what workout will get done.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like @Mmsfoxxie @JudyL and I are all having sleep issues. I know mine are related to going thru a 2nd menopause phase...which thankfully is only causing hot flashes, night sweats and sleep issues. I've tried every over the counter thing you can, and nothing works on a consistent basis. Not even CBD (the non-THC kind). Anyhoo.... hope you ladies get some sleep tonight.

@violet runner 

Have fun w/ grandbaby duty. It does become tiresome after awhile ... at least for me and my dh. We adore the babies, but it's exhausting to be on constant watch at our age.

Off to a round of dr visits. Hope everyone has a great first day of March. I'm calling it spring ... don't care what the calendar or the weather says. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Happy March 1st!   

This morning was 2 miles on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the reformer and we used bands for props today.

I just made a good healthy lunch and so easy.  It may sound like a weird concoction but it's good.  Take 1 banana, 3/4 cup oats, 1 egg, 1TB plain greek yogurt, 1 tsp cinnamon.  Mash it all up on a plate so everything is mixed together.  Then in a preheated fry pan put the mixture in and flatten it down like a pancake, cook for 5 mintes on low heat.  Then lift up one side and fold it over, and start breaking it up like you'd do for scrambled eggs.   Get it all broken apart.   Viola that's it.  Then in a bowl get your greek yogurt, banana mixture, and perhaps some berries and that's it.   My sister said it sounds gross mixing egg and banana but it's not.  It's good fiber and good protein.

@violet runner good luck with the babysitting.  You ain't kidding at our age 24/7 is hard.  Why can't our kids realize that.  I'll be doing it for a week and 2 little kids and the older one 5 has ADHD and a little on the spectrum...

@JudyL @Mmsfoxxie  sorry for your sleep issues.  I am fortunate I sleep like a log 8-9 hours a night.  One potty break and back to sleep. I have occasional nights where I am awake for a while but not to often.

Getting the snow system now.  Hasn't gotten bad though just big flakes coming down.

Hoping this month gets the home fires burning!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Well, the storm was a big bust here--thankfully. I'm sick of snow.  It snowed for a little while in the morning at my house and they said it was really supposed to gear up during the evening rush--but it never did snow at my house after the morning.

I did get my trainer workout it this morning and I have started taking a Restorative Yoga Teacher training course.  If they won't hire someone at our studio to do it--I'll do it myself.

Teaching Lablast this weekend and then trying to figure out how to store my ballroom dresses.  Right now, they are literally draped over my treadmill and Aeroski.  And I want to start using my aeroski again.

Not much else to say--hope everyone has a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey there,  another 6 inches last night.  Good thing is they delivered our snowblower today so when hubby gets home he can clear the driveway and sidewalk.  

Today was 2 miles on the treadmill alternating speed and incline and then 30 minutes of full body reformer workout centering your self, restorative.

Heading out to shovel.. Oh yay!

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was navigating doctor's visits in an area known locally as "Pill Hill". So I did get in some steps walking up hills and navigating halls. Woot! All went well and so I move forward for another 6 months until next check in.

Today I got in 45 minutes on treadmill, still going at a slow pace. My ankle/tendon starts talking to me if I do too much, so I'm keeping myself from full out running.

Hope everyone's Thursday is going well.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 - YEA! glad all went well yesterday with your Dr appts.