Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

Well, we only got rain last night instead of 5 inches of snow.  I was glad.  Unfortunately, the sidewalks were kind of slick this morning.  I had to walk my dogs while it was still kind of dark because I had to be on a Safety Meeting call this morning.

I also got registered for a vaccination appointment at one place and I'm hoping to get an actual appointment.  I haven't gotten the email from my hospital system yet.  I think it's a bit of luck to actually get an appointment still.

I have a dance lesson today, so that will be my workout.  Then I will do LaBlast and Yoga tomorrow.  I'm teaching the two weeks after that and then I have spotlight club again.  This month's dance is a hip hop cha cha to the classic Run DMC  "It's Tricky".  Should be fun.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hey Happy Friday, took a rest day from TG and Rebounding, I know right shocker!!   Just felt like it today.  Took my walk and got groceries and a couple other errands.   Wind chill is 8 above 0!   Sun is nice but deceiving.   

@DrKelli  hopefully this appt. pans out for you!   Is CO opening up with no masks?  I hope not.  Yes I'm one of those people who don't think that is a great idea.  We had a super spread event not far from me so this virus is very much still present.

Have a safe and happy weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got my first vaccination...yeaaaa!  But the lady scheduled me for two weeks (actually 17 days) from now instead of the three I thought it would be.  When I questioned it, she said it can be a few days earlier or more and not matter.  Anybody else hear this?  I googled and did find one source that said 17 days was ok but most articles talk about delays rather than being early.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday started today with 60 minutes on the Pilates chair and it was a good workout, then 40 on the Cellerciser, and a Round Robin on the TG.  Set an interval timer for 1 minute with 30 sec rest and chose 4 exercises, Abs, Bi's, Tri's and Hip Thrusts.  Bi's, tri's, and Hip thrusts were done on the Stability ball and abs on the TG.   Nice mixing it up.

@Mmsfoxxie  I think it's okay.  Moderna is 3 weeks I think and Pfizer is 4 weeks.  I think...

Just made a spinach and apple/pineapple smoothie,,, so good

Wind chill is 14, I just came in from walking the icy trail.  Very slick.  Waiting on the snow to melt.  I read some are getting their garden beds ready.  Fat chance here.  We do that in June here.   

Stay safe and get those workouts in,, 

Honored Contributor

@bopper and @Mmsfoxxie Its the other way around Bopper.  Pfizer is 3 weeks - thats the one I had - and Moderna is 4 weeks.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone-It's supposed to be nice here today, but it is still very cloudy, so I don't know if we will hit 70.  They are predicting a major spring storm Thursday-Sunday and I hope they are wrong.  The current forecast is 5-12 inches.  That is a lot of wet snow to shovel and I am supposed to teach on Saturday morning.  Plus I have a hair appointment Saturday afternoon.

I'm still trying, without success, to get a vaccination appointment.  There were plenty of first shot appointments at my local pharmacies, but when you try to move on to schedule shot #2, the system says there are no appointments available, so it won't even let you schedule the first shot.  This is getting really annoying.

Today is a LaBlast class, but I feel like I need to do some stretching.  My back is really stiff for some reason.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I truly believe that I would still be waiting if my sister hadn't had a friends's relative who schedules appointments, do one for me.  My talk with my sister was on a Saturday.  On Monday, my phone had me confirmed for my shot.  And when I got there to get the shot, there was plenty of room....although when I was leaving, a line was forming.  The county that I live in wouldn't even send me an acknowledgement that I was actually registered and it's not just me.  My county has messed up.  

This needs to be cleared up, and soon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I understand that it really is a matter of supply.  States don't know how much vaccine they will receive from week to week and that certainly isn't their fault. But it doesn't make it any less aggravating to me.

Respected Contributor

Monday Motivation Day and Happy International Womens Day!

Started out with 1 hour of I Jump Instead Trophy Body training, then did Bicep,s Triceps and delts on the TG.   Inner thigh moves and doggie walk.

Felt like Spring today... Was up to 45!   

Glad you got your shot @Mmsfoxxie  many states are lagging.  Then they showed FL and the Spring Breakers and Bikers convention and talked about another surge.. Will this ever be over!

Jammie Time!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Yesterday was low 60s and today is supposed to be near 70.  And the ants have arrived, too.

Yesterday, I rode my stationary bike for about 20 minutes and then did the treadmill for about 20 minutes.  Both were boring.  I know it's just a coincidence but the next day after my vaccination, my feet 75% better!  Not as good this morning but much improved.

Good news from the CDC yesterday about visiting relatives and it might make me venture out again but using precautions.  I will not visit any state that doesn't require masks.

Have a great day!