Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of text that says 'A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.'

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all.  Winter is back it seems...25 degrees this morning after being in the 40s these last few days.

For the second time, my Covid vaccination has been cancelled at the hospital where I was volunteering.  This was my best hope because the county where I live is doing a terrible job getting people vaccinated.  And even when an appointment is given, it's not in my area of the county.  I have registered in four different places.  My sister, who is in an adjacent suburb that's on the ball, got a friend of hers to add her husband (under 65) is going to ask that friend if she can get me in.  Lots of people getting in this way, unfortunately.

I'm going to dust off my stationary bike and give it some action this morning, doing some stretches beforehand.

Be safe!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, wonders never cease....with the quickness of a text, my sister's girlfriend's relative got me a CONFIRMED appointment for this Friday.  It's sad that you have to know somebody to get vaccinated but, hey, I'm not turning it down....I meet the CDC guidelines. Hope this comes to fruition 🙏🏽

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Mmsfoxxie 

Of course I wouldn't know your age group, and a gentleman never asks! Where we live, at 81, I will be getting Pfizer #2 this coming Friday, March 5th. I don't know how our county is doing, comparatively speaking, to other parts of the country.

I was in no hurry to get mine and I just waited for notifications on the news, which my wife watches, as I have no interest in our local news. We live outside the City limits, pay City taxes, but cannot vote for anything or anyone City. Thus my lack of interest.

Since the ice rink opened in November, after closed for 7 months, I went back ice skating. At 1st it was only available 1 day a week for the Public Skating, now it is 2. Masks and distancing everywhere but on the ice surface. 

The virus has not been as big a concern to me as so many others on these Forums. I don't go out much other than our monthly trip to the hospital for our B-12 shots and Iron Ferritin Blood Draws every 3 months. My wife does the shopping I take care of the house/animals/clothes washing drying and so on.

Just a reminder about stretching. Depending on the level extension and contraction, stretching cold muscles is not a good idea. No way I stretch any of my muscles until my blood temperature is increased vastly from before starting my exercises.

Ice skating at a cold rink takes much longer. I base my blood temperature on my heart's BPM. When it reaches 120bpm, my body is ready to stretch. No skating fast until I reach that level, otherwise, bad things happen to joints like knees, and more specifically to skating, groin muscle tears.

Thought I would drop in and see what's up starting March with Bopper's monthly thread. Sounds like you are doing well, and I hope you can soon get your vaccine.

ETA: Didn't read your 2nd post until after I wrote this. Looks like we both will be getting our vaccine on Friday! Hope it works out fou you.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, All!

Glad to see @hckynut  and @Mmsfoxxie got appointments!!  I will become eligible on Friday because of my age.  Getting an appointment is another story.  But at least I've moved up to one of the groups that is going to be vaccinated.  I still don't understand why utility workers aren't on a priority list.  We should have been up there with healthcare and vulnerable populations.

I had a huge workout Friday--had my regular lesson and then came back to Dance Club.  You dance 6 rounds and you dance with all the males--every dance you dance with someone different.  In between 'rounds', there is one performance.  It was a lot of dancing.  Then I got up and went to LaBlast on Saturday.  I did not stay for yoga.  I was mentally and physically exhausted and then took a 2 hour nap once I got back home.  In addition to the heavy snow shoveling.

This week, kind of the same--lablast today and tomorrow, lessons Wednesday and Friday and LaBlast and Yoga on Saturday.

Would like to see @Laura14 check in to let us know she's doing okay!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  I received my second shot yesterday, the 28th.  Arm is a little sore today but thats it. 

Still in the boot and will be until beginning of April so won't be posting much.

Take care!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut, thanks for the tip on stretching!

I'm 73 and was surprised at first that I couldn't get my vaccination yet some younger people, not essential workers were.  I've had two cancelled appointments but I hope this one goes through.  I think it will be Pfizer but I'll take what I can get.

I feel like I've aged a lot since March of 2019 due to less activity and unexpected pain in my feet mostly due to weight gain.  Boredom sometimes results in eating too much, lol.  

I know that being vaccinated doesn't change being careful but I feel that I can venture out with more confidence with a little extra protection.  Just going to doctor appointments and the grocery store sucks.

Respected Contributor

Happy March 1st!!!!! Heading towards Spring although speaking of cold we were in the teens this morning and still not very warm and extremely windy.  Sun is out but not very comfortable with the North winds.

@hckynut  so happy to see you greet the Month of March with us!   Ice skating is so good.  And I agree on the stretching.  Dangerous stretching cold muscles...tear easily.  I have been doing well on the Total Gym and Pilates reformer and Pilates Chair and love rebounding too.   Still take my daily walks to the woods where I reflect and listen to the birds.   I received both my shots Pfizer and had no reactions to either.   I sure hope the rest of you get yours soon.   

@JudyL you said you won't be posting well listen up young lady, ( my stern voice) just visit like you would if you called one of us to chat.  Now I'll be looking for you ya hear!!!

@Mmsfoxxie happy you got an appointment and yes whatever it takes.   It does bring some level of confidence knowing you have one and yes we shall still waear the masks...

@DrKelli  sounds like a busy day of dancing!   Shots here seem to be more readily available right now.

I also wonder about Laura

@MickD how are you doing today?   

Today I started with about an hour on the TG with my girl Rosalie Brown and then did the Trophy Twins 30 minutes Trophy aerobics on my Cellerciser.   

Stay safe everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone It's Toning Tuesday!  Who's with me????  

I did 20 minutes on the TG Buns and Guns, made it up myself and then did an hour of Rebounding with I Jump Instead  and 10 minutes of ab bouncing.   Doggie walked after that was done. 

Super windy here but it's 34 outside so even with the wind I wasn't freezing.

Quiet here for beginning of March.  List your goals and wishes for the month.  Hold yourself accountable!

Respected Contributor

Hello!

@bopper I did a LaBlast workout today, so I can check it off my list!

Today is nice here in Colorado, but we are supposed to have snow/rain on Thursday.  I hate when it rains in the winter, because then everything is slick as you know what.  I've still got a bunch of snow in my front yard.

Tomorrow I have my lesson, so will get some cardio in Smiley Happy  

Not much else to report--I've been super busy today.