Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, group.  It got in the sixties here yesterday!  It gonna be no coat weather soon.  😉 

My luncheon was nice but I just wish that people would be on time.  I try to get there about 15 minutes early.  Actually, I’ve only been late once and that was when the restaurant chosen was near several railroad tracks and a train was setting there for at least a half hour.  Most of the group was late that day.  

This is Senior Cardio day with a walk thrown in to burn more calories.....maybe.  New instructor today since last Friday was the last day of the regular one who quit.  I hope we get the replacement that I heard we’d get.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

I had the best time subbing dance yesterday.  THE BEST TIME!!  There were 4 new people there, plus a couple of regulars.  One of the new people came up to me after class and said she had the best time and that she loved the music I had chosen. (It is a mixture of zumba and 70s, 80s and 90s).  Now that it isn't branded zumba, I can make that switch to LaBlast format and use the music I love!

Today is weight training.  So kind of boring, but it is what it is.  I'll try to get to PF this weekend to add some extra cardio.  My main project this weekend is to get  my dresser pared down to clothes I actually wear.  Plus, my goal is to get rid of at least 20 pairs of shoes that I don't wear this weekend.  I am a bit ridiculous because I have certain shoes that I wear to work and in the summer, I wear sandals or chuck taylors, but I literally have stacks of shoe boxes in my closet.  This is my year of starting to pare down.  Hopefully.

Well, I need another cup of coffee and then I can attack the stuff on my desk.

Have a great weekend!  (by the way @bopper , I saw the home run that your D Tiger player hit in the top of the 10th that won the game--it was pretty awesome!)

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, it's sunny here, and 40 so I'll take it.   I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning for my dad, then made his lunch and visited a bit.   Came home and took Logan around the block, barking up a storm but I am hoping eventually he will learn that isn't acceptable. 

Dr.Kelli I know, cool hey?   Glad you had a fun class and had new people too!  

Foxxie, I am always on time, mostly early.  My hubby on the other hand, lets just say...
 "what are you doing"....I'm usually sitting in the car waiting on him.  LOL

Nomless hope to see you posting again soon.

Who else is active today?

It's late again, it must be just me...the day seems to go so fast!

Have a good one!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, will do TG Drills and Pilates reformer to stretch, probably rebound on it too.  It's so cold here wind chill is only 15, and I hear the wind.  It's snowing too.  Some are mowing grass!!!!   We may see Grass in 2 months, fingers crossed!!!

Not much going on here, will watch some Baseball, probably basketball too.  

Anyone using any new fitness tools?   I'd still like a Pilates chair, but I am saving up for a new reformer with the tower on it.  Amazon has it now.

Not much else happening here today, have a wonderful Saturday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Raining now but expected to stop soon. 

No workout today, going to a funeral, unfortunately.

@bopper , I’m glad you mentioned new exercise tools!  For about two weeks now I’ve been inserting my new weighted hula hoop into my daily routine.  I was surprised how much harder it is to use than the regular one at my health center.  Glad I got the two pound one instead of the three pound one.  I most I’ve used it is about five minutes each time.  Very different!

Have a beautiful day peeps!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!   It's still very cold and snowy, and windy here.  I don't want to hear about you mowing your grass,  LOL....  Just kidding....I'll shovel off the yard so I can see my grass!

I did Total Gym this morning slow reps, to change it up. 1 up and 3 down, and then 3 counts up and 1 down, then rebounded, and did abs.

Foxxie yes new tools excite me.   A weighted hoola hoop sounds quite hard, good for you!!  Are there hoola hoop classes at your facility?

I'm watching baseball now on TV, just made myself a chicken salad.  I'm really trying to eat cleaner, and elimininate sugar, can I?   I have doubts....just keeping things real.  How about you guys?   They say 80% of weight loss is your diet and only 20% is exercise, well exercise I have nailed, so what the heck is my problem??

Ya'all know I started April right?   See ya around the block!

Honored Contributor

You all sound like an ambitious bunch! Good for you. Heart