Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

I don't think I mentioned it until today.  I have been in remission for about 2 years--I lost about half my hair two years ago, had the shots in the scalp and started taking juice plus vitamins at the same time. The hair loss stopped and it all grew back.  In late January/early February, I stopped the JP because I thought it was too expensive and about a month later, I had significant hair loss, so I think mine is tied to a nutritional component.  Alopecia can be hereditary, but it is actually an autoimmune disorder.  It can be triggered by stress, but that isn't the main trigger.

So hopefully, the shots will stop the crazy hair loss and the JP will KEEP it from falling out.

Honored Contributor

Well, good luck to you, @DrKelli.

This is my hospital volunteer day and that is my excuse for not working out today and I’m sticking to it, lol.

Everyone have a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Well, today was pretty good at the derm's office--only one active spot and 5 shots in the scalp.  Much better than last time with 40 shots!  The other spots have actually started to grow hair again.  I do have a couple of infected hair follicles (which I could actually feel), so he prescribed a topic ointment to get rid of that.

No workout for me today since I had the doctor appointment and didn't get in until late.  I'll try to review my zumba class for tomorrow (I'm subbing the Body Rock Dance).  I wanted to do a LaBlast class, but just didn't get one put together.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Another rainy day by the Bay.  Not much news to report.  

Did a 30 minute LS workout yesterday and today.  Hope everyone has a good Wednesday, it is Wednesday right?   LOL

Respected Contributor

Happy Hump Day, ran and got groceries this morning, and then came home and started cleaning some cupboards and throwing out some things.   I did get in 30 minutes on the reformer.  Will do a more thorough workout tomorrow.  Yesterday I had 15,000 steps and today barely 5000, see how things change day to day.  Oh well, I'm being productive in the kitchen.

Dr.Kelli hope the shots help you, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Judy, we had sprinkles today but it's super windy and it's a very cold wind off all the snow we still have.  

Not much else here either, back to cleaning cupboards!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, good morning!  😃. A beautiful day coming up.  Pitch black right now, though....it’s 5:30 am.  I love this quiet peaceful time of the morning.

I have a Red Hatter birthday luncheon this afternoon....I think there are three of my group who have birthdays this month.  I love these luncheons but they are keeping me in weight control trouble, lol.  I need more discipline in  portion control and making better food choices.  But it’s hard to enjoy going out and eating what I don’t really want.  I mean, you’re sitting there with a group of people with delicious looking and smelling foods and there you are with bland stuff.  😑 

I’m going to do about an hour’s workout here at home and be content with that.  I’ll do a more intense workout tomorrow.

Have a great day!   😊 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

I had a tough commute this morning--over an hour and a half to drive 22 miles.  The highway I drive had a bad accident on it and was completely closed.  Something I did not know until I was actually on it and it is one of those highways that has very few exits so I couldn't even get off to use an alternate route.

I am subbing the dance class today.  I was going to do a new playlist that was all LaBlast, but just didn't feel like it.

@Mmsfoxxie , it's okay to treat yourself to delicious food once in awhile.  You don't eat that stuff every day.  Is there a way to box up half of it and take that home to eat later?  You get some good workouts in, so that should take care of it!

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Honored Contributor

Worked out Tues and Wed so took today off.  Back at it tomorrow.

More rain expected today but at this very moment we have sun!  YEA!! SUN!!

Not much going on for me at the moment.  Luckily my commute was no problem this morning.  Sometimes BART can be delayed but not this morning.  Never care how long it takes me to get to work in the morning because of a commute delay but sure hate it when I want to go home!

I'm glad its Thursday cuz I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Saturday will have lunch with my Daughter and Son-in-Law but thats it for any definite plans.

Have a good Thursday!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's almost the weekend!   I woke up late today, slept crappy but I did do 40 minutes on TG and another 30 on the reformer, didn't get in a dog walk though.

It's Openind Day!!!  I'm am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!  Been a long long winter waiting for this day!!!

Go Tigers!!

It' can't be 3 already!   I didn't sleep that late today!!!   Yee Gads!!!   Almost game time!!!!

Can you tell I am excited!  Who here loves baseball, hope I'm not alone!!!

Foxxie have a wonderful luncheon, sounds like a lot of Birthday fun!   It's hard to turn away the good unfortunately unhealthy stuff, I know!!!  

Judy hope the sun is still out, we started sunny but clouds now, and in the 40's and windy.  Have fun with your family at lunch this weekend.

Dr.Kelli sorry about the commute this morning, thats very unfortunate, I pray all those involved are okay.   We had a bad semi accident here, at first I was freaking out it was my son, it was his route.  He drives truck, but it was not .  Again prayers for the families involed.

MickD where have you been, we're still hear ya know.  Are you running trails?

Laura, you are MIA too, what's going on there?

Nomless please post again, doesn't matter how long or how short, just visit with us.  I don't have much news either LOL

Worldtraveler hello and waving to you!

Going to get ready for the game, later kids!

Respected Contributor

When Pudge Rodriguez was still playing, I had the MLB Extra Innings package.  @bopper , my favorite sportscasters were Rod and Mario from Fox in Detroit.  They were hilarious.  I understand that they actually hate each other IRL and have been fired from Fox as the play by play guys.  I think Mario is in Boston now.  After Pudge retired, I kind of lost interest in daily baseball, but still love the game.  I guess I should become a SF Giants fan as Pudge's son, Derek, is one of their pitchers.