Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Top of the morning, you guys.  Looks like this is going to be the chilly day of the week....mid thirties.  Still ok.

Hey there, @nomless, good to see you.

I had the best time yesterday in my Senior Cardio class yesterday. That’s the class where it was the instructor’s last day.  First of all, there were about 30 people attending (I did a fast count) whereas usually there are about 15.  We interacted more by counting with her and just plain acting silly, throwing in jokes.  We took several group pictures for her and exchanged email info.  I don’t like pictures after working out but I made an exception for her.  I hope we get a good replacement.

Zumba this morning.  Too be honest, I’m not looking forward to it much today (usually, I am).  It’s the same instructor from Thursday doing pretty much the same routine except less weight use but an hour long instead of 45 to 50 minutes.  Also her music is loud unless I ask her to turn it down a tad.  And I swear, lol.....when she turns it down, she actually doesn’t.  She’s hard of hearing and needs to hear it for her cues I think.  I like her class, though, overall.

So, for today, I’ll either go to Zumba or workout from home.  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Enjoyed reading about your trip to Costa Rica. My sister and I enjoyed our trip there several years ago. Love all the birds, the beautiful scenery, and the people. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hello, today was a great day here, sunny and 50.   We walked this afternoon, I did TG, and reformer this morning.  Then we went to eat dinner at a nice restaurant.  Watching bb now.

Tomorrow 20 degrees colder, but we enjoyed today.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (cardio and weight training).  I’d love to do some walking before or after but my feet might be shot for the day if I do.  The podiatrist that I went to last year, IMO, just concluded that if you are a certain age, there’s nothing to be done for arthritis except go by how it feels that day.  Oh, and take ibuprofen or something stronger if necessary.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We had a decent weekend here and it's supposed to hit 70 early in the week.  And then snow is forecast for next weekend.

I did manage to get to PF yesterday, so hopefully I am on the road to regular workouts.  Today is Quick Fit, the first one in like 3 weeks.  It is a hard class and I'm sure I'll be whining shortly after I start.  If I can get to the 8 minute mark, somehow, I can get through the rest of the class.

I was supposed to start a new Phoenix class this week, but not enough students enrolled, so it was canceled.  I'm not sure if I 'm glad or not--the money is nice, but after that last class, I'm not sure if I'm ready to have another class full of idiots.  It makes me appreciate the good classes I get once in awhile.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, it's sunny but cold but we'll take it.   I did 30 minutes on TG and 45 minutes rebounding on the reformer.  Just got back from a walk through the neighborhood with Logan.   He's a handful, barks at everyone, wants to run in front of cars, he's on a short lead trust me!  He wears me out!!

Nomless how the heck did I miss your post, I'm so happy to see that here!   Miss you so much!!!

DrKelli 70, holy cow!   Not until maybe June here LOL........  We'll probably still have ice on the lake then!

Foxxie arthritis, yup me too, my knuckles hurt a lot sometimes too, and my feet.  I need new walking shoes pretty quick but 150$ is a lot for me to spend.  I love my Hoka's look clunky on my big boats but they are comfortable.

Worldtraveler nice to see you post too, come back often!

Judy how is the Bay this Monday?  My son in in SF right now for work, then off to Oakland.

I can't believe how late it is already!

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Ladies.  Good weather day expected, yeaaa!

Is there nothing good on tv?  I seem to like nothing!  I recently downsized my cable cause they went up TWICE this year and exceeded my budget.  I think I mentioned it here.  Anyway, I had to leave the sports stuff but I my Turner Classics and Starz and other stuff was taken away.  I miss Turner although the reruns were ridiculous.  I tried to get rid of Hallmark, the romance one (since it’s really nothing Harlequin teenagey constant reruns) but couldn’t due to the way cable bungles are set up.  And they lock you into contracts now for two years.  The sports part is one year.  Then the increase is back.

This morning, I’m gonna do Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and maybe Zumba.  Should be a great workout day.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's sunny here, cold but sunny so I'll take it.   No snow melt yesterday, it was too cold.  We have a couple feet still on the ground.  

I'll do TG drills this morning, and reformer and would like to walk outside.  

Foxxie I hear ya on the cable, it's so ridiculous.  We dropped ours and went with Direct TV but that has it's issues too, and we dropped our landline, I do miss it though.  We have cheap crappy cell phones but oh well.  I love Hallmark I must say and TCM I love that and TV Land, and I need the sports channels too, but many we never ever watch but they have the stupid bundles to draw you in and make money.  Wish we could pick what channels we want.

I'm looking for new workout shoes, that aren't 150$ but hard to find.  Big feet and need wides....

Any hoooo  ya all enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Well, I didn't exactly make it to the gym yesterday.  At about 10 am, I started getting really sick to my stomach and decided that I needed to go home. It was a tense trip (I live about 40 minutes from work) and I kept hoping I wouldn't have to pull off on the shoulder of the interstate to puke.  I made it home (barely), threw up once and fell asleep for 2 hours.  When I woke up, I felt fine.  It was so weird.  I had oatmeal and yogurt yesterday morning, so I don't know what it was.  I thought maybe I developed an allergy to oatmeal because that is what I had the day I got food poisoning on our cruise.  I seem to be okay so far today, but am eliminating my yogurt snack later in the morning.

I am going to try to work out today, but no guarantees how that will work.

Tomorrow is my trip to the dermatologist for my alopecia.  I am anticipating shots in the head, but I don't think it will be as many as last time (40!!).  Hopefully, starting back on Juice Plus stopped the massive hair loss.

I hope you all have a great day!  I definitely need to recommit myself to enjoying exercise!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , I must have missed it when you mentioned you had alopecia!  Sorry to hear that.  I had a coworker that had it and she and her husband used to joke about it.  Hers got worse and worse through the years that I knew her.  She never attempted to do anything about it because it was hereditary from her mother’s side of the family.  Never heard of shots in the head.  Good luck.

I keep thinking about @Laura14.  She disappeared like this once before and just turned up again one day.  From what I recall, there was no bad reason that she was gone so I will assume all is well this time, too.  There’s a thread about her abrupt disappearance, too.