Frequent Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Hi All!

Sorry I’ve been missing. It was a hectic week and I need to get back on track! Today I’m going to the gym, and do some cardio and weights. I can’t wait for the time to myself. 

Mmsfoxie. I hope your knee feels better soon. 

JudyL. Hope your back is better, too!

bopper. Don’t worry about postings being down. Last week was spring break here so a lot of people were on vacations. 

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's sunny here!!!   Hubby and I took an hour hike on a packed trail, it was lovely and peaceful.  Now watching basketball on TV.

I just love having sun, makes a huge difference in how you feel even if it is cold out.

I haven't been watching the Q like hardly at all, everything seems so expensive and nothing I really can't find locally or need to be honest.

I'm saving to upgrade my reformer so not spending any money.

Our area hasn't had Spring break yet.  Not sure when it is.   Well not looking much like Spring either Hahah.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody!  Well that weather yesterday was just weird.  Beautiful but weird.  Big fat white flakes were coming down with a quickness all morning.  Then by noon or so, it stopped.  It looked to be about two inches on the deck, grass and trees but none on the driveway.  There was some on the street but not enough for the village plow truck that came through.  About an hour or so after it stopped, it was melted.  Strange!

My Monday fitness schedule is Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (Cardio/weights).  I will modify as needed.  I have the same instructor for both classes and I think I’m gonna mention to him that I have to be careful with my knees or he will tease me to pump it up.  Loudly, trying to be entertaining, lol.  He’s the most popular I instructor, I think.  Shout out to @Laura14.  Hope you’re ok.

Have a great day, group.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies.

@bopper  I haven't bought anything from the Q since just before Christmas.  This is the longest I've ever gone without buying anything.  Mostly financial reasons but after a few weeks I realized, I really didn't need anything and its gotten easier to pass things up.  Its also a nice incentive to see the credit card balance going down.

No workout for me today.  Weighed myself this morning which was frightening.  Sure creeps up doesn't it.  Will need to get back on the exercise wagon here tomorrow for sure!  Also really need to watch what I eat.  Wish it was easier for me to do that but I detest vegetables and have to force myself to eat them and don't particularly like salads.  My diet is very carb heavy cuz thats what I tend to like.  Anyway, will need to make some adjustments for sure.  Think I'll start slowly and make adjustments to one mealtime at a time then maybe it won't feel like such a drastic change and as if I'm depriving myself.

Anyway, its Monday and back at work I am so better get a move on!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, cloudy here, mid 30's.  Someone told me how surprised they were at how much snow we have.  Well yeah, we had over 200 inches, and the banks are taller than I am.

Did Total gym for 40, Reformer for 40 and rebounded on the reformer for 30.   Taking dog out now for a walk.   I]

@JudyL I try and eat well too but dang girlfriend it's hard.  I feel I need to live too, like Saturday I had 2 beers!  Hahha, we eat pretty good, but we meaning hubby and I like our sweets, I don't bake nearly as much as I used to though, and since he had Open Heart surgery we really do eat better, portions are a big factor too.  I also find preparing meals ahead of time or putting snacks in divided containers for later helps too.  

Waving to all, I have someone wanting to go outside....

Honored Contributor

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier ladies that I haven’t ordered anything since late November or earlier December.  April or May will be the last of a five part easy pay and I’ll be done.  Now if I can just stop ordering little things from Amazon.  Although things I order from Amazon are more ‘need’ items versus ‘want’ items from QVC and HSN.  And free shipping from Amazon.  They also have quite a few things that can be returned free.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning.  I had a great workout session yesterday.  I modified as necessary with no issues.  Two 50 minute classes.

Today, I will do Body & Sculpt (Cardio with weights), Flexibility and maybe a Zumba class.  Of these classes, the hardest is during the portion of the Flexibility class where I have to get on the floor (and later, get up)....I have to do it slowly with my own little awkward technique to keep from injuring my knees.  Laughable, actually.  I hate floor exercises for this reason.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Hey, this morning I walked 3 miles outside, and then 30 on reformer and 30 rebounding on reformer.   Now going back out for another walk, the sun is out and it's 40 so a heat wave here!   Tons of snow though.

Foxxie sounds like a good workout 50 minutes is fabulous.   Watch the knees, my knees are ******, have to use the counter to help myself get off the toilet,,,Hahha  TMI  right??

I agree about Amazon, free shipping on most things, and ships fast.  I think I am about done with the Q, too expensive and can find it somewhere else.

Okay back outside for this girl!

Honored Contributor

@bopper , I was in the same situation regarding the 🚽 toilet.  We have three and in 2015, I bit the bullet and bought three taller toilets.  Now I’m ok without holding on to get up.

Respected Contributor

Just a quick check in! We’re back on dry land and ready for the marathon air port wait. See you tomorrow!