Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MARCH EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie , I love a good pedicure--I hadn't had one for awhile because of the whole toe nail situation, but I got one to go on vacation and I missed it.  They did raise their prices a bit, but it is still cheaper than the "spa" in town.

Yesterday's Body Rock Dance was okay.  I didn't fall in love with it and the instructor was getting on my last nerve.  First, she turned the music up so loud, it was painful.  Second, I like to be in the back.  It's just my thing.  She scolded me to move closer because she was having to yell her verbal cues.  I told her then that I wore a hearing aid and couldn't hear her verbal cues anyway.  And she didn't hear me and barked at me again.  I told her I wasn't moving.  Then she slammed zumba several times as being only "one" style of dance and SHE was a dancer and had a lot more intricut moves than zumba.  Well, one of the nice things about zumba is that people can pick the moves up pretty quickly.  Anyway, I went up to her afterwards and introduced myself and told her I was subbing for her in 2 weeks and that I taught zumba and lablast.  I also reiterated that I wore a hearing aid and that I couldn't hear her over the music so not to worry about yelling her cues.  I was fine watching what she was doing.  (and later in the class, she actually switched to non-verbal cues like in zumba, which we can all follow anyway).

Today is strength training.  I need to leave early because I'm actually going to go see a movie tonight after I drop the dogs and get packed.  I can't find my 'baby' wallet, so I need to run to Kohls and see if I can find an inexpensive one.  I also need to run by the grocery store and pick up 'lunch' for the plane tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day--I will be off line until the 21st, so don't worry about me!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , I’m sure you and your mom will have a great time.  How nice it must be to vacay with your mom as an adult.  Be safe.

Btw, that instructor thinks too much or herself.  Or doesn’t think much of herself since she has to belittle other type programs in order to bring herself up.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, I did treadmill, and Pilates and snowshoed today.  Was a bit frustrated on the reformer, I tried my new box and pole and getting situated pretty much wasted my time, as I wasn't flowin well and felt I didn't do much.  I hope tomorrow is better.

DrKelli have a wonderful vacation, we'll hold down the fort here.  

We're getting another storm on Sunday, heavy wet snow, probably lose power, can I say I am over this winter, and since the lake is 95% frozen, we'll be cold through June most likely and as my dad said, come August we start thinking about fall.  

Roofs are collapsing here, it's no joke!  I was happy to see sun today though and at least get outside snowshoeing.  Hard going though, it's too uneven and hard on my back.

@Mmsfoxxie I would love a pedicure, I think I have had 2 in my entire life, so expensive but I do enjoy them.  How much are you supposed to tip them??  

Waving to Judy, Ruby, BeautyAddiction and everyone here lurking.  Have a lovely evening!

Honored Contributor

Good Saturday evening.  Its been raining off and on here and so cold!  Brrrrrr!!  Today I did AbJam, then I did the upper body workout on Body Gym, then I did a TurboJam lower body workout.  All in all it was close to an hour.  Hopefully I'll be able to move tomorrow.  LOL

Haven't done much else except some housework.  Tomorrow I'll venture out for errands, etc., as its not supposed to be raining.  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Hello, today was Total Gym, Pilates reformer and rebounding...then we went to the Builders Show in our Dome, that was uneventful...Thought it would be more interesting but not really.  Still dreary here, snow coming tonight into tomorrow starting with freezing rain...So over it!

Quiet here, everyone must be hibernating, can't say I blame you.  I'm about to go over the " bank"  LOL

Honored Contributor

Good morning, y’all!  I hope your weekend was good if not great. Our Saturday here was very rainy but still good.  Sunday was very windy so that knocked down the comfort level of our 40 degree day but I was still fairly comfortable.

This morning I’ll be doing my Senior Cardio class and then Body and Strength ( cardio with weights).  Maybe a little walk as well.  I still haven’t loss the weight I gained but it’s my high carb eating at fault.  Exercising without good eating habits will not keep weight from creeping up.  I’m mentally working on that.  If only that Culver’s down the street from me would stop selling those concrete mixers with the heath bars chopped into it! That’s equivalent to the Blizzard sold at that other place but better.  Can’t recall the name right now....sugar brain fog.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Goom Monday Morning, still dark.  This time change I do not care for, I was used to it being light now and now we are not. 

I have my Granddaughter coming at 9 today so babysitting and then I have a hair appt.  Will probably take today off.  Yesterday though I did a good workout to make up for today.  Total Gym, Pilates reformer, and rebounding on the reformer.

I keep seeing pictures of Spring and wonder "when", we had a system go through yesterday, snow and sleet.  This morning roads are icy.  We have so much snow, that now they are afraid of flooding if it melts too fast.

Keep pushing forward everyone, when you fall get back in the saddle and push forward!

Frequent Contributor

Happy Monday, everyone!!

I'm struggling with the time change today Smiley Frustrated  No workouts for me over the weekend, because I was nursing a bum knee.  After work today I'll go to the gym and do some cardio and lift weights.

Waving to everyone......... 

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

@bopper  I'm struggling with the time change but its always dark for me when I wake up no matter what time of the year it is.  I wake up at 4:45am.  LOL  I do enjoy the light in the evenings when I get home from work tho.

@RubyNoel  too bad about your bum knee.  I know how that is.  Take it easy and don't push it too hard.

No work out for me today.  Didn't sleep well and the energy just wasn't there this morning.  So will get back to it tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!  Hope we hear from Laura soon.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it was finally a lovely day!  47 degrees, can you believe it!!!   I dragged out the lawn chair and put her down on the deck and was in it all afternoon, yes I was!!!

I did 90 minutes of workout today, TG, Reformer, and rebounding on the reformer, then a trail walk, in the snow..   

That instructor sounds full of herself and a bad attitude in my opinion.   

Anyone watch The Voice?   Love that show!

I babysit tomrrow for a while and then most of Thursday.

Hope everyone is having a good day!  Still getting used to the time switch, this morning I felt an hour behind!